Originally posted by chernabog_ca
Are you serious? I didn't realize it was banned. What about Battlefield 1942?
yes I am serious, anything to do with the NAZI and especially the SS (mostly images in video games) - used for entertainment, like video games are completely banned

I think it is also not allowed to have these images in Austria and France. Even some movies are automatically indexed if they contain NAZI images without any moral or historical themes, like one of the Indiana Jones movies needed a special license to show in Cinemas here.

Battlefield 1942, the German version of the Game has been modified, they removed all NAZI images from the Game and replaced it with something else, so it is ok here. RTCW, they made a German version of the game, replaced all the images with a "Terrorists Group", but it still got banned or indexed for being too violent...

Even after so many decades, this is still a very sensitive issue here in Germany. Ask GermanFinne, she knows what I am talking about . IMO the main reason the gov't has laws against these things is to prevent those damn NEONazis having having an excuse to be ACTIVE and have something to play with.. There is still sort of an NAZI party here in Germany, they are called the NPD, they are very nationalist and hopefully they will be finally BANNED also this year...