Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Cool GTA: Vice City coming to the PC

From Bluesnews

ROCKSTAR GAMES ANNOUNCES GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY FOR PC

- The Best Selling Game Of 2002 Heads To The PC This Spring -

New York, NY- February 14, 2003- Rockstar Games, a division of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), proudly announced today that the PC version of the global blockbuster, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, is set to hit retail shelves in North America on May 13th and in Europe on May 16th. The PC version will possess enhanced features including improved graphics and sound, additional PC controls, as well as several options for players to customize the game.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the sequel to last year's best-selling Grand Theft Auto 3, has once again received universal critical acclaim, a multitude of awards and financial success by becoming the fastest selling, highest grossing PlayStation®2 game released to date, outdoing its predecessor, Grand Theft Auto 3. Released for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system last October, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City had the distinct honor of becoming the undisputed number-one selling video game of 2002. The Grand Theft Auto franchise has now achieved the unimaginable feat of ruling the video game sales charts two years in a row.

"We felt that we had to truly outdo ourselves when it came to developing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and felt that we owed it to the fans to continue to keep enhancing and delivering the gameplay, cinematic graphics, production values and audio experience that have become synonymous with the Grand Theft Auto franchise," said Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games. "We are truly humbled by the response that the game has received so far and are extremely excited to showcase Grand Theft Auto: Vice City on the PC."

"The real beauty behind Grand Theft Auto is not only the freedom that it allows the players, but also the freedom that it has given us as developers," added Leslie Benzies, president of Rockstar North. "The open ended, non-linear world of Grand Theft Auto allows us to stretch the limits of our imaginations by giving us an open canvas to work with. This was especially the case when it came to creating Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The 80's fashion styles, music, and sensibility fueled our creativity to the fullest. We are extremely excited for the PC world to experience the fruits of our labor when the enhanced version of the game is released this spring."

Since its release in October 2002 on the PlayStation 2, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City has continued to be a worldwide phenomenon and sales juggernaut gracing the top of sales charts everywhere it has been released. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City has taken the videogame industry to new heights with feature articles in Time, SPIN, Rolling Stone, MAD Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, The Associated Press and USA Today to countless cover stories in the world's top videogame publications and receiving more than 40 awards, including numerous "Game of the Year" commendations. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City has been unanimously praised for its technical innovation, groundbreaking design, stylish approach, and overall fun factor.

I for one can't wait. I had a blast playing GTA3. A little mindless violence never hurt anyone.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    The only advantage I see to having the game on the computer is the abillity to upload diffrent mod files.

I would much rather have it on PS2.

(wow... that was pure geek talk. I think I need to get out more.)

Credits
    GTA3 was truely good. Pure goodness. Loved listening to CLassical music while in chases. VC should be as good or even better!
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Why bother to put it on PC? How could it possibly be any better?

Credits
    Originally posted by Vader75
    better graphics for new hardware, and there is already a multiplayer mod for the current game.... :big grin:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Originally posted by Vader75
    well...i for one refuse to buy into the whole console war.. most of the top selling games make it to PC regardless of what console they were intended. of course, there are some games that never make it to the PC (Halo for one).... not to mention, the whole Nintendo thing. going from cartridge to cartridges to mini cd...nothing is back compatible (PS is much better here).
    also, your PC monitor has better resoultion than your TV (unless you have an HDTV, i guess) so the graphics will look better.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    better graphics for new hardware, and there is already a multiplayer mod for the current game.... :big grin:
    That multiplayer mod isn't really functional yet. It's a huge accomplishment for modders, but I'm more intriqued by the San Andreas mod.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    ill tell you why PC is better.. Online Gaming/LAN Parties (yeah i know you can use consoles... but who does?)

Nothing is more fun than getting 50 of your friends making a giant network, swapping files while playing a giant game of Unreal or Counterstrike.......

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by The Digital Rich
    ill tell you why PC is better.. Online Gaming/LAN Parties (yeah i know you can use consoles... but who does?)

Nothing is more fun than getting 50 of your friends making a giant network, swapping files while playing a giant game of Unreal or Counterstrike.......
    i agree to that..... i mostly play Return to Castle Wolfenstein, even if its banned here in Germany.... coz of the Nazi theme..

anyway i enjoy the game because of the online feature which is TEAM BASED multiplayer... i mostly play in a 64 player server... 32 vs 32 players from yround the world...

u can check our forums here..

http://www.happypenguinforum.com/

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    i agree to that..... i mostly play Return to Castle Wolfenstein, even if its banned here in Germany.... coz of the Nazi theme..
    Are you serious? I didn't realize it was banned. What about Battlefield 1942?

Credits
    Originally posted by chernabog_ca
    Are you serious? I didn't realize it was banned. What about Battlefield 1942?
    yes I am serious, anything to do with the NAZI and especially the SS (mostly images in video games) - used for entertainment, like video games are completely banned

I think it is also not allowed to have these images in Austria and France. Even some movies are automatically indexed if they contain NAZI images without any moral or historical themes, like one of the Indiana Jones movies needed a special license to show in Cinemas here.

Battlefield 1942, the German version of the Game has been modified, they removed all NAZI images from the Game and replaced it with something else, so it is ok here. RTCW, they made a German version of the game, replaced all the images with a "Terrorists Group", but it still got banned or indexed for being too violent...

Even after so many decades, this is still a very sensitive issue here in Germany. Ask GermanFinne, she knows what I am talking about . IMO the main reason the gov't has laws against these things is to prevent those damn NEONazis having having an excuse to be ACTIVE and have something to play with.. There is still sort of an NAZI party here in Germany, they are called the NPD, they are very nationalist and hopefully they will be finally BANNED also this year...

Credits
    As i first played Gta Vice City on my PS2 i just say...WOW....the fun is so great you will probably play 2 -4 weeks and dont think about other things....*g*
    But the Soundtrack is just awsome...i am more like a 80 babe.....
    And there is nothing cooler then driving with your motorcycle into the sunset of vice city and listening to great 80 music.....
    Vice city is awsome and one of my favorite games on my ps2.....Driving limousines...flying helicopters or little planes.. :big grin: