Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

"The Ring" fan trailer complete!

I've completed making my fan trailer for "The Ring" The Ring is one of my favorite horror movies, so of course I had to make this! However, I've always thought the movie should've been made a bit more disturbing... but probably wasn't in order to keep the PG-13 rating. So, here's my trailer! It took me about two days to make, using all my own music and some original footage from other sources and some of my own graphics, such as the title. I tried to make it more intense. I used Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Sonic Foundry Sound Forge to make this. Here's the link!

The Ring fan trailer
    480x272 20.6 MB

WARNING: May be disturbing to some viewers.

PLEASE post your comments!!
    Last edited by Shrubz; 03-10-2003 at 10:28 AM.

Credits
    Well, I can say for sure that the MPAA wouldn't showcase that theatrically! Hehe. Nice job Mark! Very disturbing! The first half moved very smoothly. Damn good job!

The ending is tense, and all around the trailer is a great effort! Bravo!!!
    --Dan :big grin:

Credits
    why did u delete the other thread?

i posted an animated gif for some1...for bondish... now its gone.. =(

the trailer is ok....

as for a trailer, showing all those images actaully gives away the movie, since the reason this movie was good was the good use of these images...

it ended up more of a horror showcase than a trailer...
    but its a well edited trailer
    Last edited by trailergod; 03-10-2003 at 08:21 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Well, I didn't see the movie yet, so I can't really argue on the use of images being a bit much....but from what I saw, this looks pretty damn weird, and might actually be the stepping stone for me to finally view this film!

--Dan :big grin:

Credits
    @ mark

nice trailer but i must say that i lked the "real" trailer more. one of the best trailers i ever saw. the thing a didn't like was that you showed to much and for a movie like this it's very dangerous. but on the other hand a well done job

what are the scenes with those weird monsters, i mean from what movie they came from?

Credits
    I think most of those came from House On Haunted Hill... I also got some footage from the Psycho (1998) trailer. I'm glad you liked it! You are right that you can't show too much... which also means you can't give away much of the plot, so I decided to give a little of the basic plot and then a bunch of the imagery... kind of like The Cell teaser or something.

Credits
    I think the trailer worked very well in parts, but that extra footage from the Psycho trailer, etc, just didn't work with me. If that were an official trailer, I'd know I'd be pissed to not find all that footage you used

Credits
    Another very good job Strube!

I feel that it picked up in the second half after a slightly sluggish start but none the less that was an amazing trailer.

What's next?

Credits
    Thanks again for all the comments! I've had making this trailer on my mind ever since I knew I needed a good computer! And then finally I got it, and then I actually could do this!
    What's next you ask? I believe The Fast & The Furious... but I'll leave it at that!

Credits
    Well done...nice & scary :big grin:

Credits
    Cool Trailer especially when you watch the trailer right after the movie *scary-germanfinne-is*

Credits
    Very Sweet trailer.

One critique though. The extra footage. I say since it was not in the movie I would have added like a overlay of film grain or make it very horrible in clarity. Those extra scenes make you feel like you are watching something else which is true. Although I don't think you would have to remove it. Added a change in color correcting can make those extra scenes flow very well.

All in all I think you did a wonderful job and honestly I don't think you let to much of the plot away. Besides, some of the scenes from the ring part you can only see in the DVD extras. Like the blood cuts and drips. The zoom in of the fingers. Those keep it interesting and your mind guessing. Very good use.

Also to wonderful music selection for this trailer(especially the last song). I know I have heard that song before but I can't remember where.

Credits
    It was a really good trailer up until you used the extra footage from other movies. That really ruined it.

Credits
    Good trailer, try to not use footage from other movies.

I really liked splicing in the description of the video, with images of the video.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar