Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: The Thing

Credits

The Thing trailer

If anyone's interested in storing it online - so it could perhaps be linked from ML - I suppose I can upload it. It's a hefty one, 20 MB, so if the connection were so-so, I think I would re-encode it at to a lower quality (right now it's a 1000 kbps DivX 5 with HQ sound)...

BTW - it's, of course, John Carpenter's "The Thing" I'm referring to )) (Oh, and would anyone have a trailer for the first adaptation of the story, "The Thing From Another World!"?)

Credits
    Sorry beat you to it.:angel"

I sent The Thing trailer to Tisoy a few days ago. It's now part of his list for people to request.
    Last edited by carl; 03-17-2003 at 05:21 PM.

Credits
    I've got the trailer in my dvd already It's cool for an oldie!

Credits
    I would encode and post the trailer, but I don't think JP wants me posting older trailers in the forum exclusives, he wants to save them as classics.

Credits
    done, it will be posted soon....
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    I would encode and post the trailer, but I don't think JP wants me posting older trailers in the forum exclusives, he wants to save them as classics.
    Classic or Exlusive - doesn't matter - let's just have it (The Thing)...
    And The Gladiator, and The Fly ...uhhh - there are so many! :big grin:

Credits

The Thing

Starring: Kurt Russell, Keith David, Wilford Brimley, Richard Dysart, Richard Masur
    Directed by: John Carpenter
    written by: Bill Lancaster
    produced by: David Foster, Lawrence Turman
    Plot: Based on both the short story by John W. Campbell, Jr. and the 1951 film produced by Howard Hawks, THE THING is John Carpenter's stunning mastepiece of horror. A group of weary scientists enduring the winter in an isolated camp deep in Antarctica chance upon an alien spacecraft buried in the ice. Near the strange craft is the body of an alien being, frozen solid. Thinking they have made the find of a lifetime, the scientists bring the alien body back to camp and thaw it out. The alien awakens, not in the best of moods, and proceeds to take over the identities of the scientists, one by one, body and all. Helicopter pilot MacCready (Kurt Russell) must lead the surviving men in discovering who among them is human and who is not and how they can destroy "the thing" before it takes them all and moves on to the heavily populated mainland and the rest of humanity.

http://whwncom.powweb.com/tisoy/the_thing_WM9.wmv

Converted by: Tisoy

Credits
    this is my fav John Carpenter movie :big grin:
    and this trailer is simply awesome... considering it is already 21 years old

btw, If u cant play this trailer or if it is choppy, you need to buy a NEW PC !!! , high res video need at least 1GHZ :angel" :angel"

Credits
    I downloaded the trailer, but I can't play it...it has sound but no picture. My WMP 8 doesn't download any codec (it's set to auto download codecs). Is there something I can do, or will I have to install WMP 9 ?

Credits
    noticed that my ISP holds teh wmp9codec so u don't have to install WMP9. Enjoy!
    http://games.telstra.com/gamearena/r...etails&id=4504
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I think you need WMP9. It's worth it though. The results from 9 are much better than the other players.

Credits

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    noticed that my ISP holds teh wmp9codec so u don't have to install WMP9. Enjoy!
    http://games.telstra.com/gamearena/r...etails&id=4504
    Thanks Kn'thrak, it's working now!

I will install WMP 9 soon, thanks to moviebuff for providing me with the download link!
    Last edited by lafce; 03-17-2003 at 09:11 PM.