Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Angry The OSCARs and Iraq War

sooo now its affecting our past time... out love for movies has been affected by this damn WAR thing....

no red carpet pre show ?!?!?!.... bah... hehehe

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ovies_eo/11467

With "the clouds of war gathering around us," organizers for the 75th Academy Awards announced Tuesday that this year's ceremony is still set to go on--minus the traditional arrivals line.

Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences President Frank Pierson and Oscarcast producer Gil Cates called a late-afternoon press conference to field increasing questions about how the annual glitz fest--"one of the biggest parties in Hollywood," per Pierson-- would deal with the coming war with Iraq (news - web sites).

"Keeping in mind the world situation, the Academy has elected to prepare a more sober preshow and a scaled-back arrivals sequence. The traditional splashy red carpet arrivals line will be truncated," said a sunken-eyed Cates.

The news came as many of Tinseltown's shiniest planned to boycott the red carpet altogether and instead slip in through a side entrance.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I read about this in the paper.

Personally, I never watch any pre shows. I just watch to see who wins in each category, and to see any live performances.

So this doesn't affect me.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Anything that means less Joan Rivers is a good thing in my book

Credits
    ^^ Definately a good point