Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

THE SIMPSONS MOVIE!

http://www.lightsoutentertainment.co...ews.php?id=793

The Calgary Sun recently spoke with Simpsons creator Matt Groening, where he ranted about the cancellation of his space aged cartoon, Futurama, and raved about a possible upcoming Simpsons movie.

Well, Fox knows not to mess with the Simpsons, which ha gone down in the book as one of the longest running comedies of all time.

"I love the strength of The Simpsons -- that we can get away with so much. They don't like it. We took jabs at Fox News and we were told not to, so we decided to do it more."

As for the much anticipatedSimpsons movie, it's release is still unclear.

"We're talking about doing it. We just want to make sure, if we do, it doesn't follow in the dismal footsteps of other currently-running TV shows turned into movies. I can only think of one that worked and that was South Park."

"You want to honor the fans of the show, but you want to give them a little more. With the TV show, every week it's like a little movie. There are certainly enough incidents to fill a regular movie comedy. Whether people could stand it for an hour and a half, I don't know."
    ohh ohhh ohhh... this will be great, I hope it will be animated.. pls
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I've been wating for this news when I was a Weee lad at the tender age of 11. Now I know dreams do come true. I just hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare.
    "We are men of action, lies do not become us."

Link to my top 20 movies

Credits
    Groening has previously stated intrest in finishing the series before work on a movie begins because the quality of both is likely to suffer otherwise.

Good to know he's still thinking about it :big grin:

Credits

Re: THE SIMPSONS MOVIE!

Originally posted by tisoy
    http://www.lightsoutentertainment.com/news/news.php?id=793

I can only think of one that worked and that was South Park."

i loved south park until i saw that movie. that movie ruined south park. i don't like south park at all now cuz of that freakin movie.

i would say the best one wuz Beavis and Butthead. that wuz a great movie. it made me like the shows even more.

maybe this show will work out. yah it should be animated. but i'm tryin to imagine what if it wuz real people. a guy that actually looks like homer (w/ the yellow skin and everything) and bart w/ his spiked head. that would be really neat to see. but yah- it would look pretty fake. but yah- if this movie ever works out- i'm there opening day.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Remember there was a Halloween episode where Homer got transported to the "real world". He was like a clay CGI character. The movie should be that. That would be pretty cool.

Credits
    I remeber they showed a short episode of the simpsons on IMAX last year. I remeber seeing the comercials but never going. Thanks for the news.

Credits
    im all for it.. yeah i do remember the 3d homer episode. i was sooo impressed by it as a kid

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Oh Yes sweet.....I am so a big Simpson fan and the Movie is released by fox *hurray*
    But i think we have to wait a long time till the first trailer arrives...