Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Lightbulb Confussed about "general chatter" forum.

Please be patient with me everyone...because I am slightly confused here. I'm sure I must have misinterpreted something somewhere...but I just don't know.

You see...I double checked this by putting on my reading glasses...but for the life me, I just don't get it.

You see...even though the description for the General Chatter discussion forum is "ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING."

That really does NOT seem to be the case...and I find myself lost by that.

It seems as if "ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING" means anything and everything, as long as it doesn't talk about "anything" too upsetting, to certain people..."anything" that a certain hand full of people just don't like...or just plain, "anything" too much.

In other words, "anything and everything" seems to be pretty much "anything and everything" but anything and everything. Kind of confusing huh? At least it is to me...

But I do know from personal experience...that if "anything and everything" is not classified as "anything and everything" by certain people...then it will be deleted, closed, or censcored.

Now I can understand profanity and stuff like that, in which directly offends and such. But for the most part, I am completely lost.

So basically, I am trying to set up a certain foundation or outline for myself, and for other newbies to follow....so that we understand, and won't unintentionally do anything to upset anyone.

Thus far...I understand that anything and everything does not apply to:

- War with Iraq or Pro-War talk and discussion.

- Anti-French talk or discussion

- Anti-Roman Polanski talk or discussion

- And anything that upsets Tisoy or certain other individuals.

Well...I reckon that's the "everything" in "anything and everything" so I earely await confirmation.

I assume that if this post gets deleted ,censored, closed...or even worse, if I get banned. Then perhaps I apparently missed something else! But for the life of me...I am in complete void here.

Please help enlighten me...

Credits
    Anything Racist (which anti french is) is wrong.
    Anything pro peodophiles is wrong.
    Anything like this thread is wrong.
    Last edited by carl; 03-24-2003 at 06:29 PM.

Credits
    Well by gosh...it seems I am mistaken again.

I assumed that "anything and everything" did not apply to profanity or other offensive material...for obvious reasons.

However, I notice that Tisoy said "****" yet it was not censored....so now I am at complete lost here.

Someone! Please help!!!

Credits

Re: Confussed about "general chatter" forum.

Originally posted by TheeNobleKnight
    - And anything that upsets Tisoy or certain other individuals.
    LOL

that sounds about right.... there wuz only two threads that have been closed.... while i wuz present. one wuz about war and it wuz really getting out of hand... another wuz a thread that my boyfriend started and it wuz about something he just noticed and people talked about a bunch of crap and we just couldn't stop talkin in that same thread.... i'm talking about maybe 20 pages in a week or two. so JP wuz kind enough to get us off the hook. so i wouldn't worry about anything if i were you. we don't come down on anybody.... (lol still thinkin about what you said about tisoy) so yah- say whatever you want- if you want to talk about war... then talk about it in the war thread- don't make another thread.

we can say ****.... but not f*ck and something like that. **** and damn is fine. but i just say crap and freak. :angel"
    Last edited by radstar; 03-24-2003 at 06:20 PM.
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    simple..... during your 1st post you should have gotten this ... but i dont remember doing this to u ... now u have all the problems...

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I'm proud to say that very few posts have ever been deleted, and no users (except for spammers) have ever been banned/deleted.

This is a very open forum.

And Anything and Everything truly means Anything and Everything can be discussed.

BUT... the key there is 'discussed'... as in 'discussion'.

If you're just going to just flame / rant / complain / swear.... then what's the point? It will only cause trouble, and the world has enough trouble as it is. No need to add more.

The war discussion is a good example.. read through it.
    It is not a flame war... it is one person giving their opinion, followed by someone else giving there's.

Now re-read your Polanski post. It's one long sarcastic (and somewhat offensive) speech. There is a difference.

That being said... I don't think it crossed the line (although it's close) and is not deserving of being deleted.

Remember that even though I strive to let everyone say what they want, that this is a private forum, opened by me for movie-list users. You are very welcome here to participate, but you are my guest.

Now... spread joy and humour, and have fun.

JP

Credits
    THIS Post is rated R 18+ and is suitable only for forum members with an open and sarcastic mind!

Okay.. since this is a anything and everything thread.. i thought i would simply finish the discussion by providing everyone with everything they need to know about anything and everthing... I think nothing explains these two pro-nouns better than a dictionary definition.. so here you all go

eve·ry·thing ( P ) Pronunciation Key (vr-thng)
    pron.

All things or all of a group of things.
    All relevant matters: told each other everything.
    The most important fact or consideration: In business, timing is everything.

an·y·thing ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-thng)
    pron.
    Any object, occurrence, or matter whatever.

hehe glad i have settled that!!!

Oh and as for censorship and stuff.. ill say what I like.. ****!
    We are all mature aged people.. and I want to swear I will!! And if I knew profanities in other languages i would say them too! hehe perhaps some of you can teach me!

This post contains naughty words and heavy sarcasm dont read up if your afraid of that sort of thing....

just to say seriously.. i am disappointed that got edited...
    Last edited by Stormwalker; 03-25-2003 at 07:53 AM.

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Ok!!!

I'm very cool with all this now...I am fully focussed and feeling spirted and understand.

And I actually got Jean-Pierre Bazinet to post to my thread!!! Woo Hoo!!! That is pretty cool! This site is pretty awesome and one of the best trailer sites on-line IMHO. So, I'll behave and be fun...no trolls here. And Tisoy...I can out run those things. lol

Later ya'll.

Credits

Re: Re: Confussed about "general chatter" forum.

Originally posted by radstar
    we can say ****.... but not f*ck and something like that. **** and damn is fine. but i just say crap and freak. :angel"
    LOL whoops... i guess not :angel"

Originally posted by TheeNobleKnight
    And I actually got Jean-Pierre Bazinet to post to my thread!!! Woo Hoo!!! That is pretty cool!
    LOL yah that hardly ever happens.... lucky you