Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Question Music Software Question

I'm looking for software to create music mixes. Basically I want to make some cds but want the songs to flow from one to another seamlessly. Sort of what you would hear at a club or on the radio. Now I'm not a dj and have no experience doing this and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Is there a piece of software out there that's easy to use for newbies which will allow me to put together a cd. Thanks.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Hmm... your best bet would would probably be PCDJ Red... I think that lets you mix and export in real-time to mp3... the only downside is it isn't free or shareware... if you can find a pirated copy, that'll do it for you.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Be more specific watcha wanna do with the music! Ya wanna mix it like a DJ? Or do you wanna edit and/or change the trax? Like looping parts of the music or timestretching?

Credits
    check out some of the sonic foundry software like soundforge or ACID i know a local radio/dj he uses that.. and another local radio station uses Cool Edit hehehe .. hope that helps

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    well chernabog hasn't replied yet ... so here's my suggestion:

Traktor

If ya wanna be a digital DJ, use this. There is no other thing like that around. It's wonderful.

ACID is a nice idea, but it lacks features like doin yr mixing based on BPMs. And Sound Forge is IMHO more a mastering tool, instead of a DJ mix program.

Oh .. and check Ableton Live!, too. It's more like a sequencer to produce _new_ music, but you can use it as a DJ tool also.

Credits
    Thanks for you suggestions guys.

I guess I should have been more specific when I was asking. No I don't want to re-mix stuff. I just basically want to create some mixes to burn onto CD. I want to able to 'blend' one song into another when one is ending and the next one is starting. Sort of the way the do it at clubs. I'm quite sure how else to explain it. I hope this makes more sense.