Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

FAHRENHEIT 911 - The Temperature At Which Freedom Burns

Coming soon - Michael Moore's next documentary

Michael Moore plans Bush-bin Laden film
    From the Life & Mind Desk
    Published 3/28/2003 4:00 PM
    View printer-friendly version

LOS ANGELES, March 28 (UPI) -- Filmmaker Michael Moore's next project might be more controversial than his Oscar-winning documentary "Bowling for Columbine."

According to a report in Friday's Daily Variety, Moore is working on a documentary about the "the murky relationship" between former President George Bush and the family of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden. The paper said the movie, "Fahrenheit 911," will suggest that the bin Laden family profited greatly from the association.

Moore's anti-war, anti-Bush Oscar acceptance speech provoked a mixture of cheers and boos at the Academy Awards last Sunday.

In addition to the Best Documentary Oscar, "Bowling for Columbine" also had an extraordinarily robust bottom line. Made for about $3 million, it has grossed nearly $40 million worldwide -- making it one of the most commercially successful documentaries of all time.

Variety reported that Moore is working out a deal with Mel Gibson's production company, Icon Productions, to finance "Fahrenheit 911."

According to Moore, the former president had a business relationship with Osama bin Laden's father, Mohammed bin Laden, a Saudi construction magnate who left $300 million to Osama bin Laden. It has been widely reported that bin Laden used the inheritance to finance global terrorism.

Moore said the bin Laden family was heavily invested in the Carlyle Group, a private global investment firm that the filmmaker said frequently buys failing defense companies and then sells them at a profit. Former President Bush has reportedly served as a senior adviser with the firm.

"The senior Bush kept his ties with the bin Laden family up until two months after Sept. 11," said Moore.

Moore told Variety the primary focus of the new project will be to examine what has happened to the United States since the Sept. 11 terrorist attack. He accused the Bush administration of using a tragic event to push its agenda.

"It (the new project) certainly does deal with the Bush and bin Laden ties," said Moore. "It asks a number of questions that I don't have the answers to yet, but which I intend to find out."

Moore said he expects the new movie to be in U.S. theaters in time for the 2004 presidential election.

While some critics accused Moore of being anti-American for his Oscar speech, Moore told Variety business has been very good for his movie and his best-selling book "Stupid White Men: And Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation."

"I expressed exactly what was in the film and instead of being blacklisted, I've not only gotten a deal to fund 'Fahrenheit 911' but offers on the film after," he said. "Presales on ('Bowling for Columbine's') video release ran ahead of 'Chicago' this week, and my book is returning to the top spot on the New York Times best-seller list."

Moore said the success of his documentary and book reflects majority public support for his political argument.

"It's because the majority of Americans agree with me, see the economy in the toilet and didn't vote for George W," he said. "People are now realizing you can question your government while still caring about the soldiers."

Copyright © 2001-2003 United Press International
    Last edited by Mischa; 03-31-2003 at 03:52 AM.

Credits
    Hm i am looking forward to this Movie

I Like Bowling for Columbine.....
    Reallity RUles....

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Lightbulb

Originally posted by GermanFinne
    I Like Bowling for Columbine..... Reallity RUles....
    well, not in this case... ...

USa GUN POLICY SUC*S !

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Originally posted by ZUBi
    well, not in this case... ...

USa GUN POLICY SUC*S !
    I liked the scene when he gets a gun when opening a bank account....how stupid are they...?????????

Credits
    Moore is very convincing and entertaining but you shouldn't just absorb what he says without question.

That said, I LOVED Bowling for Columbine and can't wait for the next one. Released in time for 2004 elections? This should be VERY intresting

Credits
    Originally posted by Marcus
    Moore is very convincing and entertaining but you shouldn't just absorb what he says without question.

That said, I LOVED Bowling for Columbine and can't wait for the next one. Released in time for 2004 elections? This should be VERY intresting
    hm elections ...i think that one guy will not win again....

Credits
    USa GUN POLICY SUC*S !
    it is not the policies that are at fault here...it is the people themselves. criminals will find a way to get guns no matter what policy says. are guns banned in UK...? but there are still crimes committed with guns....hmmm...???

policies are not what is needed...education is.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    amen, red bear.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits
    Originally posted by red bear
    policies are not what is needed...education is.
    so US education is a F low

U saw the movie? more than 11.000 people dead by guns per year in USA says it all...

ahhh, what to say. i hate USA more & more... :angel"

Credits

U saw the movie? more than 11.000 people dead by guns per year in USA says it all...

That was a frickin insult. Keep them to yourself.

Credits
    guys, guys... keep it peaceful. ZUBi, I think you're stepping a little over the line. Yes, 11,000 people are shot dead every year in the US. The reason for that is corporate greed and a chronic lack of media literacy. Don't hate an entire country... Just target your comments at Bush, or the mass media. But... America is a LOT of really good people who have the misfortune of being led by an asshole and a moron, who sends them to war so he and his friends can get richer when everyone else gets poorer. So don't attack America in general, or it's people. But it's definitely open season on Bush.

Credits
    Amen to that, Blugh!

Credits

I Love the USA great citys like New York or San Francisco with great people, but well the politic is no comment