Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Stan Lee to judge Superheros

I'm not sure whether this is a sign that reality television programming is coming to an end, or if Hollywood's superhero craze is out of control.

The WB Network has ordered six episodes of WHO WANTS TO BE A SUPERHERO, a reality show with a comedic element (hey, wasn't that THE GONG SHOW?) that takes ordinary people and dresses them up as their idea of superheroes. After donning the spandex, the contestants then attempt to successfully complete tasks that one might find a comic book character engaged in.

If that wasn't crazy enough, comic book writer Stan Lee will judge the would-be Captain Americas and Super-Soccer Moms and pick a winner, with the possibility that their creator could wind up in a real comic book.

WB wants to air the series in the 2003-04 season. Bruce Nash, the guy behind WHEN GOOD PETS GO BAD and STUPID BEHAVIOR: CAUGHT ON TAPE, is also behind this one. The show's creators are planning on holding auditions around the country in the next few weeks.
    From Cinescape

lol that could be entertaining
    Last edited by Gaumont; 04-02-2003 at 10:04 AM.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I think this is the stupidest idea ever, but then again stupidity is amusing, anyway I very very very very....very much doubt that Stan Lee (all hail Stan Lee) would actually make a comic book about them

I want to see the Spider-Man guy jump from a building lol
    I wonder how are they gonna do Hulk, paint he guy green?:big grin:

Credits
    Oh god no.

Another WWF
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    This will either be the funniest **** ever caught on camera... or the most excruciatingly painful.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    ooh no...make it stop... reality television has gone to far...

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits

Exclamation

These reality shows have just been getting more and more ridiculous as they go on. I would admit that it would be entertaining but it just seems really crazy to me.
    "Ohana means Family. Family means no one gets left behind. Or Forgotten." ~ Lilo and Stitch