Thread: Manic (Trailer)

Credits

Arrow Manic (Trailer)

Manic

Release Date: May 9, 2003 (NY, LA)
    Studio: IFC Films
    Director: Jordan Melamed
    Screenwriter: Michael Bacall, Blayne Weaver
    Starring: Don Cheadle, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Bacall, Zooey Deschanel, Cody Lightning, Elden Henson, Sara Rivas, Blayne Weaver
    Genre: Drama
    MPAA Rating: R (for disturbing violent content, strong language and some drug use)
    Official Website: IAmManic.com
    Review: Not available
    DVD/VHS: Not available
    Movie Poster: Not available
    Plot Summary: Lyle Jensen is filled with rage. A frightening rage. A rage that by age seventeen has begun to manifest itself in explosive violence. After an intense fight with a classmate, Lyle finds himself committed to a juvenile mental institution in lieu of criminal prosecution. And so begins a journey filled with a menagerie of fascinating characters and provocative situations that lead Lyle down paths of self-exploration towards a quest for meaning in life. Upon his arrival in Northwood Mental Institution, Lyle finds himself forced to deal with other patients in frequent group therapy situations: Chad, a seventeen year old with a bi-polar personality disorder, a regular at the institution and soon to be Lyle's best friend. Tracey, a haunted, quiet, beautiful sixteen year old that Lyle is instantly attracted to. Sara, a rebellious, intelligent, recovering drug addict who has taken Tracey under her wing and voices her opinion freely and vocally. Michael, Lyle's instant nemesis, a white kid who thinks he's black, a compulsive liar, and a recovering drug addict. And Kenny, a twelve year old Lyle identifies with instantly. At the head of the round table is a staff psychiatrist faced with the task of bringing order and peace to this always challenging group of teens. Enter David Monroe, a doctor in his mid-thirties who uses his own experience as a recovering drug addict to guide his wards towards some kind of peace in their young lives.
    *burp*

Credits

Re: Manic (Trailer)

Teaser, which came out two years ago, is on the main list:

http://www.movie-list.com/m/manic.shtml

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

Re: Re: Manic (Trailer)

Originally posted by editman
    Teaser, which came out two years ago, is on the main list:

http://www.movie-list.com/m/manic.shtml
    Holy **** ... I knew it looked quite familiar. Damn LSD ... has totally ****ed up my brain

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Manic (Trailer)

Originally posted by Mischa
    Holy **** ... I knew it looked quite familiar. Damn LSD ... has totally ****ed up my brain
    Took me a while to look through my trailer CDs to find the teaser. So it's not just the LSD...

BTW the trailer you posted is different from the teaser listed, in case some people wonders. Still they look similar consider there's not much exciting footage from the film. (That's what's wrong with indie/arthouse movies - too much talk, not enough action) (It's a deliberate generatioalisation BTW so don't you radicals out there start another argument. )