Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Scary Movie 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Scary Movie 4

http://www.variety.com/

:big grin:

Scary Movie 4, which Dimension has slated for first-quarter 2004 release, will reteam the third film's director David Zucker with scribes Craig Mazin and Pat Proft and producer Bob Weiss.

Following in the satirical footsteps of the franchise, the fourth film will take on upcoming horror flicks as well as the superhero genre. "We are so confidant in the team we have working on "Scary Movie 3" and so pleased with what we have seen that we want to continue the momentum and begin production right away," said Dimension co-chair Bob Weinstein in a statement.

A handful of the third film's cast will return for the fourth installment, and additional casting is under way.

ohhhhhhhh making fun of Spiderman, Xmen, Hulk, Tomb Raider and again the Matrix will be fun.....muhahahahaha
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    isnt coming scary movie 3 this year out ??

But making fun of the big blockbuster will be fun if it is made good...

Credits
    I have high hopes for Scary Movie 3, but now with Scary Movie 4 on the horizon, I'm not too sure...

Credits
    In the beginning I can understand why it was called Scary Movie, because of Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. But now doing parodies on Blockbuster hits seems like it should be titled differently or just stop doing Scary Movies all together. IMO back when it first started it was making fun of a movie fad, teenage horror flicks, now it seems as though that genre is dieing down or less popular. I don't think X-men, Spider-Man, and Matrix are Scary Movies, but certainly parodies of these movies would be or could be funny.
    "We are men of action, lies do not become us."

Link to my top 20 movies

Credits
    I actually wrote a short story spoofing on superheroes... I think the best weay to do it would be as a teen movie... where their powers all go awry, and then typical teen movie hijinks ensue.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    I think they may be getting a little ahead of themselves doing a Scary Movie 4 even before they're done with the third one (or before it's released, whatever). I loved the first one, the second one was a HUGE step down but it had its moments... I worry for the third one.

Credits
    Originally posted by Mark Strube
    I think they may be getting a little ahead of themselves doing a Scary Movie 4 even before they're done with the third one (or before it's released, whatever). I loved the first one, the second one was a HUGE step down but it had its moments... I worry for the third one.
    Yeah scary movie 1 was really great but i havent seen the second one ...is it worth to watch..

Credits

Re: Scary Movie 4

Not one, but two sequels of a chessy popcorn comedy with a sh*house sequel already in production... now THAT's scary!!!...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Originally posted by Apocalyptica
    In the beginning I can understand why it was called Scary Movie, because of Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. But now doing parodies on Blockbuster hits seems like it should be titled differently or just stop doing Scary Movies all together. IMO back when it first started it was making fun of a movie fad, teenage horror flicks, now it seems as though that genre is dieing down or less popular. I don't think X-men, Spider-Man, and Matrix are Scary Movies, but certainly parodies of these movies would be or could be funny.
    I definately agree with you on that one.

Also, I'm getting a little psyched to see a trailer or something for SM3, since Kevin Smith is a scribe on the project.

I sure hope that it is more up to par with the first one or the beginning of the second. The Exorcist parody with Andy Richter, James Woods, and Natasha Lyonne was one for the books. It is too bad that SM2 had such potential with a fair advertising campaign and a perfect opening, and then turn into such trash with a projectile-vomiting parrot being one of the only things bringing a laugh to a movie that was definately working way too hard for way too little humor.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif