Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    thing is I don't think the MODs will tell us though...
    Doesn't mean I can't ask.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    updated :big grin:
    Boy, am I ever glad I asked that question.

Maybe I will just keep an eye on other people's rankings and post my own list.

As a (former) journalist, I simply abhor secrets for no apparent reason. But then I also enjoy a good mystery, so who knows?

Credits
    Originally posted by corfy
    As a (former) journalist, I simply abhor secrets for no apparent reason. But then I also enjoy a good mystery, so who knows?
    So what happened? Sick of reporting depressing stories?

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    So what happened? Sick of reporting depressing stories?
    No, actually, I miss reporting "depressing" stories, at least, I miss it at times.

My boss discovered that I had some general computer knowledge and some website experience, so he offered me a promotion. Our paper was wanting to start a webpage, and our computer tech person also needed some backup handling "little computer problems" while he tackled the major stuff, and I was asked to take over those two responsibilities. (I guess it was cheaper to "promote" me than it would have been to hire on an experienced computer tech.)

I was a journalism major in college, but I had built my own computer a few times over and figured I could handle "little computer problems," and I had fun working on my own website, so I accepted.

Shortly thereafter (like, within a month), our old computer tech left, leaving me in charge of all of the computer systems with practically no training and only my own tinkering at home as my experience.

That was a year ago this month, and I am still playing catch-up, although I am learning.

Credits
    Originally posted by corfy
    Shortly thereafter (like, within a month), our old computer tech left, leaving me in charge of all of the computer systems with practically no training and only my own tinkering at home as my experience.
    Well, as long as you're getting paid more than when you're a journo...

Credits
    Well, as long as you're getting paid more than when you're a journo...
    Oh, absolutely. I am so stinking rich.

After all, I got a gigantic raise... a whole $0.50 an hour.

How many computer techs (granted, untrained computer techs to be sure, but computer techs) do you know who are making less than $20 an hour? (Besides me, of course... I actually fall in the "under $14 an hour" range)

I do have better hours, though. Before, I had to go in at 8 a.m. and on most days, leave at 3 or 4 p.m. and go back to work to cover something in the evening (6, 7, or 8 p.m.) for an hour or two, and then do the same thing over the next day. Now I work basically 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Much easier to schedule things around.

And it also has it's moments. Today in a period of three hours I spent $35,000 of someone else's money. That was fun. :big grin: Unfortunately, we will be getting two new servers and 10 new workstations, and guess who will have to set those up? That part won't be fun.

Credits
    thanks JP, but it would be nice if you included some credits ..
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Credits will be added.
    Still some work to be done on it. Just in test phase.

Credits
    JPB has to keep the 'worship him' part, doesn't he? LOL!...

Credits
    nice.. official faq..

*cough*.. what happened to my cameo *cough*..

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by Stormwalker
    nice.. official faq..

*cough*.. what happened to my cameo *cough*..

dont worry this thread is link more than 4000 times :big grin:

Credits

Re: Ultimate Movie-List FAQ

Suggestion:

22) Q. Who is blankboy?
    A. He is JPB's brother. Also a MOD of this Forum. But he seldoms posts, mostly lurks.

(I didn't know that until recently.)

Credits
    QT for beginers added.

Credits
    Here's my guide, mostly to the steps before you get to Sorenson Squeeze:

1. Load up the VOB in DVD2AVI. Audio: decode to WAV, dolby surround downmix, dynamic range control off, 48 -> 44.1KHz UltraHigh. Video: field operation none, color space YUV (this is default anyway), YUV -> RGB PC scale (also default). Then I go to save project and create a project file that TMPGEnc can read.

2. Now, in TMPGEnc I load the project file I created in DVD2AVI, but don't load the WAV file it created, that's later. Click on Setting, and on the Video tab, set aspect ratio to 1:1 (VGA). Now in the advanced tab, video source type should've automatically selected Interlaced (since you selected no field operation in DVD2AVI). Field order could be either top field first (field A) or bottom field first (field B). To check this, go into the Deinterlace filter (without checking the box, just double-click on the name) and select the Even-Odd field (field) filter. Now choose a section in the video with some clearly discernable motion. Now if it plays very jittery, then the other field is first (if you have top field first selected, then change it to bottom field first). However, if it seems to play smoothly, you've selected the correct field. Now, I'm not going to deal with teaching aspect ratios, so I'll just tell you I set the source aspect ratio setting at 1:1 (VGA) on that tab as well. Set video arrange method to full screen. (These settings are assuming you're calculating the correct aspect ratio yourself.)
    Now, if you are dealing with PAL video (if not, skip to the next paragraph), put a check next to "do not frame rate convertion." Then put a check next to the inverse telecine filter and go into that. Set the drop-down box for 25fps, and then right-click on the first frame in the upper boxes. Select "deal after this frame according to selected pattern" and type in "01". If you scroll through the movie and it looks interlaced, then change that to "10". If it's still interlaced after that, you have a double interlaced movie, so just skip (and uncheck) inverse telecine and select the double deinterlace filter.
    If you are dealing with NTSC video, put a check next to inverse telecine and go into that. Click on Auto-setting and make sure setting method says 24 fps (flicker prioritized). Then click start. This will usually take a minute or two... I do this so you don't have to worry about adjusting for changing field orders yourself, TMPGEnc does it for you. Once this is done, click ok to get out of the filter setting.
    Now, go to clip frame and do your cropping. While you're in here, try to notice if whatever you did to inverse telecine the video took care of most of all of the interlacing. If it's still pretty bad or noticeable, after this step you can add the deinterlace double filter.
    Now simply enter the proper size of the video into the video tab, and now we go to file save project.

3a. This is ONLY if dealing with PAL video, if not, skip to 3b.
    Open BeSweet, and load the WAV file you created in DVD2AVI. Put a check next to change frame rate, and set it for "from 25000 to 24000". Now click on the WAV to WAV button and let it create your now 24fps WAV file. Now load the WAV up in Sonic Foundry Sound Forge, and go to process, normalize. Choose the preset "Normalize RMS to -16 dB (music)". This will give you a pretty good average volume for your trailer. Now just save the WAV.

3b. This is ONLY if dealing with NTSC video, if not, go back to 3a.
    Now load the WAV up in Sonic Foundry Sound Forge, and go to process, normalize. Choose the preset "Normalize RMS to -16 dB (music)". This will give you a pretty good average volume for your trailer. Now just save the WAV.

4. This is a pretty quick step. Remember the project file you saved in TMPGEnc? Now start up VFAPI, and load that file in there, and create your "fake" AVI file.

5. Load your VFAPI AVI into VirtualDub. Under audio, choose WAV audio, and select the WAV file you saved out of Sound Forge. Choose direct stream copy. Under video, go to filters, and add the levels filter. It takes some getting used to but this is my favorite tool for adjusting the brightness in a video. Now, if you had a PAL video, go to the frame rate setting and set it for change frame rate to 24.000 fps. If you had NTSC, leave this setting alone. Under compression set it for either Uncompressed (RGB) or your favorite lossless codec (mine is Morgan's MJPEG). (Note: MJPEG tends to mess up the first frame or two of every compression, so if there's some video there you want to look good, use uncompressed AVI or some other lossless codec).

6. Load the AVI you created into Sorenson Squeeze, and compress it however you want to. These are the settings I usually use for every size:
    480x260: 1200k 50 keyframe
    480x360: 1400k 50 keyframe
    640x272: 1600k 65 keyframe
    640x360: 1800k 65 keyframe
    640x480: 2000k 65 keyframe

Well, there ya go! Maybe someone (Guiboche?) can post about aspect ratios.
    Last edited by Shrubz; 12-02-2003 at 09:19 AM.

Credits
    Don't know about the best settings for each Ratio but here are the correct Quicktime ratio's.

1.33:1

720x540
    640x480
    480x360

1.66:1

720x432
    640x384
    480x288

1.78:1

720x404
    640x360
    480x272