True Words trailer
    640x380 34.5 MB

Director: Nathan Matta

Cast:
    Jake Bouma - Chris
    Adam Stater - Jude
    Chris Saldanha - Paul
    Christophe Klein - T.P.

This is a teaser for a student short film that I wrote and directed in the summer of 2001.

Story Synopsis:
    "True Words" is an epic of friends and the truth that ultimately tests their devotion to one another. Take a glipse at a teenage boy's life with a chilling realism brough to the screen by first-time director Nathan Matta. "True Words" combines comedy with drama to drive home a point about the power of words.

Chris Thompsan (Jake Bouma) hangs out with his friends Jude (Adam Strater), T.P. (Christophe Klein), and Paul (Chris Saldanha) while discussing the perplexities of dating, the contents of Vemonade, and who exactly Jessie's girl really is. The friends live out and exchange stories about the world around them, ignorant to the truth that will change their lives forever.

Find out why words can mean so much...
    Last edited by Shrubz; 10-01-2005 at 12:59 PM.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    I was wondering what anyone thought of it, being my first trailer and film and all.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer any that are given on this thread.

I promise you, this was not some improv flick that I made with my buddies. It has a script, worthwhile editing, and a soundtrack provided by an Ames band, Eight Miles Out.

Credits
    Any interest?

Credits
    cool, i see some future in this =)

so did you get good grades from this short film? :big grin:

maybe one day u can post the whole thing
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Thanks for replying, Tisoy.

Answer to your question: No, I didn't get a good grade; I didn't get a grade at all. I actually did it during my senior year of high school, but well outside of class.

There was a premiere in a classroom of the high school, outside of hour, and we had about 400 people show up over two nights.

400 people in a classroom is a good bunch!

Instead of grades, I received a $1000 dollar scholarship which I am putting to good use at the University of Iowa.

As far as posting goes, I sure wish there was a possibility. It would be pretty difficult to find someone to host a 37 min long film.

Currently, my upstart production company, Steau Productions, is busy at work developing a Special Edition remastered DVD for this little film. We put a lot of work into it and we are hoping it will see a limited local release sometime within the next couple of years.

Details of the DVD:
    -Commentary from Writer/Director Nathan Matta and Producer Peter Riley
    -Commentary from Actors Jake Bouma and Chris Saldanha
    -Teaser Trailer
    -"How To Edit" Faux Featurette
    -"By The Book" Original Stage Performance
    -Outtakes

Credits
    Originally posted by WorkShed

As far as posting goes, I sure wish there was a possibility. It would be pretty difficult to find someone to host a 37 min long film.
    This wont be a popular suggestion, but try using Bit Torent. Get some friends together to Seed the file at different times so that there'll be a few scources, and at least a few ML members would be willing to seed it for 24 hours after download. This would mean you'd only need to find a host for a very small file, probably 2MB max, and you'd host the actual film on your comp. It's really effective and whilst it wouldn't be popular with everyone, it'd make it so you could share with most of the forum.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

YEAH, Bit Torrent RULZ man, just RULZZZZZZZ! :big grin:

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Added a quicktime encode of the teaser.

Credits
    Thanks a bunch, Mark!!

Credits
    I WANNA SEE OUTTAKES!
    By the way, very cool.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Yes, it would be nice if we could see the whole movie...BitTorrent can be a good solution for that, as Carl suggested back in 2003 . I also saw that other short movie you've shot - Comatose. Nice work and congratulations on it's selection for the CRI Film Festival!

Credits
    True Words has just been nominated for two Iowa Motion Picture Awards:

Best Student Film (College)
    Best Produced Screenplay

I doubt I'll win for screenplay. I'm up against a guy who wrote an episode of CSI. You never know.

Credits
    If you want to host it, the good guys at InternetArchive.org, whose goal is to archive everything, have started a new project at OurMedia.org, which provides free hosting for everyone and everything; no strings attached.

www.ourmedia.org
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    Well, I've been busy at work for a full-blown trailer for this film, for a piece on my new DVD (Series of Six). Mark will have an encode up shortly...

Credits
    Added full trailer. Sorry it took a little while... I was busy catching up with Smallville season 4 before Thursday came.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast