Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Alien 5 and an Alien Rerelease news

http://www.suntimes.com/output/pearl...r-cindy21.html

As for any rumors of another "Alien" film, she admits, "[Director] Ridley Scott and I have talked about it a couple of times. He has some ideas. If we developed a good script, I'd love to play Ripley again. I've always felt so grateful to Ridley Scott because he gave me my first job. In fact, the first few weeks of "Alien,' I was so green that Ridley would say, 'Don't look at the camera.' And I'd say, 'How can I not look at it. It's right in front of my face all the time!' "

Ask her about plot ideas for a new "Aliens," Weaver says, "The only thing I'm not interested in is going to earth. I saw that 'Star Trek' movie where they went to Earth and ... yawn. I think it's more fun to go to a foreign planet--especially now. Who wants to come to Earth now? Let's go far, far away! Fantasy is what we need!"
    http://www.filmjerk.com/

that the original Alien will be rereleased on October 31, although this is not the 25th Anniversary version which is scheduled for May 25, 2004

wooohoooo :big grin:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Cool

YEAH, let's go to alien MF planet & BURN THIS GODDAMN QUEEN BI*CH !!!, khh khhh, i mean Ripley...

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Originally posted by ZUBi
    YEAH, let's go to alien MF planet & BURN THIS GODDAMN QUEEN BI*CH !!!, khh khhh, i mean Ripley...

no lets make a Alien vs. Predator
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    yeah it would be really nice to see this one in cinema, cause I was too young to see it in cinema.
    . Uri .

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Gaumont
    no lets make a Alien vs. Predator
    YEAH, (WE) WANNA THAT ONE TOO ! :big grin:

ohhh man, I just love ALIEN movies...

Credits
    If they do decide to make a fifth installment, I just hope it will be made with the same spirit and integrity as the first and second one had. I wanna see the kick-*** colonial marines in action again!
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    I too would enjoy seeing an Alien vs Predator movie.

However, a movie like that would not be as good as ones with the baddies separate. I mean, someone has to win, and someone has to be cooler than the other guy. As it is, both the aliens and the predators are pretty kick-***.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    I, too like the idea of a Aliens/Predator movie, because all of the script ideas that they have come up with for sequels to both of these, two of my most beloved movie franchises, have blown goats.

Anyone remember that rumour about 3 years ago, where they were talking about getting both Schwarnegger and Glover to be in Predator 3, where the Predators abduct them both and take them to their world to participate in gladiatorial games because they are the only beings to have ever defeated a Predator (which is bull****, by the way, I've read ****loads of comics where people like Batman and Sherlock Holmes have defeated them. So there.

I think that maybe crossing the two will at least get the writers to think about creative ways to corss them over and still have Ripley in the mix. It'll be far, far in the future, but who knows.

Credits
    Originally posted by Dutch_Schafer
    Anyone remember that rumour..., where they were talking about getting both Schwarnegger and Glover to be in Predator 3, where the Predators abduct them both and take them to their world to participate in gladiatorial games because they are the only beings to have ever defeated a Predator (which is bull****, by the way, I've read ****loads of comics where people like Batman and Sherlock Holmes have defeated them. So there.
    Have you read Alien saga comics, which are dealing with what happens directly after Aliens? If you did, than you also know how Alien3 and 4 completely dissregarded all of them, even though IMHO the story was much better than Alien3 and 4 screenplays. So there.

Credits
    I'd love to see 2 Alien Vs Predator movies based on the 2 books. The first book was really dark and scary with plenty of Alien style shocks, while the second was more Predator style action. Paul Anderson could direct that one but only after the first one had been done.

As for Alien I say ditch Ripley, she's some dumb half alien thing now. They should go back to the old style if they want more than just a popcorn movie. Again maybe using the characters from the Aliens genocide series of books.

After that maybe they could convert some of the graphic novels. Who else would watch Superman Vs Aliens?
    (I so want to read that.)

With the end of 1979, a bizarre motion picture that was released, turned out to be one of the year's biggest box office smashes. It was the first time that horror and science fiction had been combined to present a real thriller: 20th Century Fox gave the go a head to Ridley Scott (director) and the flick turned an actress into a super-star and a female Rambo: that being Sigourny Weaver.

The movie was "ALIEN" and now over twenty years later: the flick has become a franchise. With the close of the year 1987, Aliens and Predator became very popular in the comic industry. Dark Horse Comics required the rights to both franchises and beginning in 1989, the Predator found himself matching wits with the Batman in a comic cross-over between Dark Horse and DC Comics.
    So popular was the cross-over that it spun two more sequels between Batman and the Predator and now some of those adventures can be collected with Dark Horse back lists available in Previews Catalog or on the Internet.
    But the real drawing card came in 1996, then writer-artist of Superman: Dan Jurgens came up with a real gem of a DC-Dark Horse cross-over titled "Superman/Aliens". What would happen if the most powerful and noble hero met up with the deadliest species in the universe? Would Superman revert to having kill or destroy a monstrosity such as the Aliens? AND WHAT IF, SUCH A LIFE AND DEATH DECISION had occurred to Superman having found some of his fellow being from Krypton perhaps being ALIVE?? This type of situation confronts the Man of Steel when his true honor is put to the test, pretty much the same in the Biblical situation that confronted Abraham when ordered to sacrifice his son Izayer to prove his loyalty to God until he was halted by an angel.
    The story has a great moral twist to it. And rather than give away the plot, let's just say that the adventure is still available from Dark Horse Comics. And with the release of Superman/Aliens II: GODWAR this summer, (not a sequel either as writer Chuck Dixon quotes) it really would be well worth the investment to get the first Superman/Aliens to see how this one leads into this current classic GODWAR!!

http://www.supermantv.net/wallpaperbattles/aliens.htm
    Last edited by carl; 04-25-2003 at 10:10 AM.

Credits
    I flipped through Superman Vs Aliens and Batman vs Aliens. Both were pretty interesting, but I don't think that they would make too great a movie.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much like any sci fi or fantasy movie.

But a movie like these wouldn't have too much box office draw. They're too obscure.

Credits
    Its kind of funny that she said she's too old to star in another Ghostbusters film, yet she'd do another Alien film. Ripley would have to be in better shape than her Ghostbusters character!
    Whatcha Gonna Do!?

Credits
    just no more ripley.... the cloning thing and then the family thing .... and then the cuddling/hugging thing!
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I would love for them to rerelease these films on the big screen. Even though I've seen them hundreds of times of the tv... I'd love to see them in theatre.

Credits
    yah that would be so awesome.... like they did w/ Star Wars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast