Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    j7wild Guest
    So Neill Blomkamp is going to make Alien 5 with Sigourney Weaver and Michael Bienh?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4462546/

How is he going to have Michael Bienh unless he totally forgets Alien 3 and if that is the case, also Alien Resurrection?

Furthermore, will this movie affect the Prometheus series?

Credits
    Blomkamp and Scott are in close communication to avoid distortions about the stories of Alien 5 and Prometheus 2 ... so continuity will be mantained and no mistakes would be seen ... on the other side it is firts time I read that Weaver and Bienh are involved in Alien 5 ... would keep an eye on these news about one of my favorite sagas ...

Credits
    Awesome movie

Credits
    Looks like Ridley is listening to fans by making Prometheus more related to the Alien saga which he stressed Prometheus as a different movie and branching away fro the Alien saga, I don't mind that but this is better news for Alien fans, as far as I understand Ridley plans to make more Prometheus movies that will truly be an epic prequel to Alien.

Prometheus
    Prometheus 2 (Alien: Paradise Lost)
    Prometheus 3
    Prometheus 4
    Alien
    Aliens
    ...etc

My opinion about Neil's Alien 5, not sure how he will approach it unless really, ignoring the fact that Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection happened, maybe a prologue showing that Alien 3 and Resurrection was a dream when they were in hyper sleep after Aliens ^_^

Let's wait and see.
    I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.....fffh..ffh..ffh..fh..fh..fh

Credits

Alien - Covenant

Just Released

20th Century Fox has announced Ridley Scott's return to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction.

ALIEN: COVENANT
    Release: October 6th, 2017

SYNOPSIS
    Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alien_logosml.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	20815  

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

j7wild Guest
    No Noomi?

Is this a direct sequel to Prometheus in the Prometheus franchise or closer to the Alien Franchise as a Prequel to Alien?

I thought Neill Blomkamp was making an Alien prequel?

Credits

the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS -- and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction.
    This was a Press Release I received directly from FOX, what you see is what I got, that's why there's no source link.
    "Covenant" identical to Prometheus, refers to the name of the ship.

Reading this, Prometheus was probably always a prequel to Alien, the third installment will bring us back full circle to the beginning of the original Alien (1979). Also possible that they had a change of plans.

Maybe they have plans for a parallel Alien franchise with Bloomkamp, or maybe they just decided to link Prometheus into the "Alien" Franchise. It's anyone's guess at this junction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12