Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Lightbulb Scifiwire Movie News (4/22/2003) - Christopher Nolan, Timeline, and no more Picard!

In this issue:

Christopher Nolan to direct The Prestige
    Timeline release date delayed
    Patrick Stewart says no to more Captain Picard

-----------------------------------------
    Christopher Nolan to direct The Prestige

Director Chris Nolan (Memento) will helm The Prestige, a film adaptation of Christopher Priest's novel about the world of magicians, Variety reported. Disney and Warner Brothers are in negotiations to split distribution rights, the trade paper reported.

Jonathan Nolan, Chris' brother, wrote the script. Jonathan also wrote the story that formed the basis for Memento.

The Prestige begins in 1878, as a seance hatches a bitter rivalry between two young stage magicians.

Nolan is also expected to direct Batman, a franchise he is in the process of resurrecting at Warner with Blade screenwriter David Goyer. The scripting has begun, but The Prestige could step in front of it, the trade paper reported.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Timeline release date delayed

Gerard Butler, who stars in the upcoming film adaptation of Michael Crichton's SF novel Timeline, told SCI FI Wire that reshoots may have delayed the movie's opening, to November from an intended summer date. "I know that we changed some of the opening scenes," he said in an interview from London, where he is finishing up a role in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life.

Butler added that the problem was reassembling the film's eight key cast members, "every single one of whom was employed at the time." Butler plays Andre Marek, an archaeology professor who joins a team of graduate students as they travel in time back to 14th-century France.

Like the book, the film tries to portray the Middle Ages accurately, Butler said. "It certainly tried," he said. "I would say I thought one of the amazing things about the movie was that the set designer and the production designer created the most incredible castles and fortresses and walls. ... You just thought, 'Wow, this is really what it must have been like.'"
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Patrick Stewart says no to more Captain Picard

Patrick Stewart told the Cinema Confidential Web site that he won't be playing Star Trek: The Next Generation's Capt. Jean-Luc Picard again. "I don't think so," Stewart told the site. "I think The Next Generation is over with. I've probably said goodbye to Picard forever now."

The future of the franchise is in doubt, following the lukewarm reception to the last TNG movie, Star Trek Nemesis. Stewart still has another healthy franchise: He appears as Professor Charles Xavier in the upcoming X-Men sequel, X2, which opens May 2.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    (Note from Granite: Bummer on the last story, Picard was always a great character )
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I know Jonah has been working on this script for a while, and it sounds really good-- a magic historical piece. Looking forward to it.

Credits
    dident like Nemesis. think its good they are closing the next generation down. give some space to the Voyager cast in next movie
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits

Re: Scifiwire Movie News (4/22/2003) - Christopher Nolan, Timeline, and no more Picard!

Originally posted by Granite

Nolan is also expected to direct Batman, a franchise he is in the process of resurrecting at Warner with Blade screenwriter David Goyer.

More confirmation!
    movieHole
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by Gaumont
    give some space to the Voyager cast in next movie
    That is if Paramount wanna continue the franchise...

It's becoming more difficult of pumping new blood into old franchises. Then again we have the succeed case of James Bond revamped... holy molly, 8 years ago!... (and he's getting old again in DAD...)

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    i kind of felt that Nemesis was going to be the last. i had heard they had a hard time getting everyone to agree to do this one...and then it tanks at the box office. i think this one was in the theater for like 2 weeks.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    yeah Nemesis was even worse than Generations.

But what's this about Nolan directing the next Batman? I thought Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Requiem for a Dream) was set to direct Batman: Year One. Too bad, that would have been cool..