Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

I saw "Phone Booth"

Phone Booth kept me on the edge of my seat practically through out the whole movie. Colin Farrell was awesome, and Keifer Sutherland did an amazing job as well. I wish Katie Holmes was in it a lot more often, she is so hot.
    I love the trailers too. X2 looks great, LXG looks great, The Italian Job has potential. Well I can say it was a great day at the movie theater today.
    "We are men of action, lies do not become us."

Link to my top 20 movies

Credits
    I think I'm gonna go see this tomorrow, but some friends are coming up from FL to see me and they might want to go next weekend.

I don't know what to do!

lol.. I'll probably just see it twice.

Credits
    I think it's worth seeing twice

Credits
    LXG will be great i agree. it's just too bad that they felt the need to americanize it (e.g. putting in Tom Sawyer... WTF?!). it should be in london too, but new york is fine i guess. love the trailer...

Credits
    I didn't get a chance to see this, this weekend... so I guess I'm gonna have to go ahead and see it during the week.

Credits
    bummer dude

Credits
    I'm probably gonna be going to see this movie tomorrow. It looks really good, I've just been waiting forever for it to come out. Glad it finally has
    "Ohana means Family. Family means no one gets left behind. Or Forgotten." ~ Lilo and Stitch

Credits
    Originally posted by WonderG5
    I'm probably gonna be going to see this movie tomorrow. It looks really good, I've just been waiting forever for it to come out. Glad it finally has
    me too! yet it has been three days and i have not seen it yet.

i have been waiting forever for this movie and i got pissed it took a long time.... but i have not seen it. i don't know why i do that
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Saw it today in cinema. And I like it!

Haven't seen a movie that keeps one's attention on the screen from the beginning to the end for ages. (proof: I'd never looked at my watch during this flick!) This is one since 'Die Hard With A Vegenence'.

I like the clever use of spilt screen and audio positioning during phone conversation. A bit showing-off but hey.

I like the sharp dialogue (even for editman who doesn't like too much talking in movies).

Colin Farrell is totally believable as a bullsh*t-artist-turned-victim. (Trust me I've met bullsh*t artists worse than his character.) You do feel sorry for the character at the end even if he's not really worth it.

Not exactly sure about Kiefer Sutherland as the sniper. You do need a strong actor like this to play the voice for audience to buy the idea, but he's probably too famous as an actor you can't keep thinking: 'gee what a great performance Kiefer is pulling off' instead of 'gee that sniper character gives me creep'.

Two thing I don't like: 1) No reason given why he did it and how he got away with it. 2) The FX laser aimer dot is reaaaaally fake, taking away the realistic element of the film. Fox probably spent too much money on X2's FX they don't have any left to give flick a decent FX work

I had a similar idea for a short film script but I gotta admit this is much better. Too bad (or maybe thank god?) I didn't shoot my script first...

This has instantly become my 2 second favourite Joel Schumacher movie (1st being Falling Down and 3rd Batman Forever).

One of the few films I saw in theatre this year that I really like. Definitely getting the DVD.

Oh here's a few quotes from the movie's sniper which I really like. Will add it to my sig later on :

'You are guilty of being inhuman to your fellow men, Stu.'

'Face it, Stu. You're small-time. You have no credibility.'

'Stu, I know your crimes. TELL THEM!'
    Last edited by editman; 05-27-2003 at 09:04 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I didn't like the film. Acting was good from the 2 main leads but the films style was annoying. Schumacers annoying obsession with being hip and always inclusding swooping camera angles spoiled what could have been a very good film. Farrel was the only character given even the slightest development and the Snipers motives were just plain rediculous. Watch Liberty Stands Still instead.