Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Scifiwire Movie News (5/6/2003) - X3 casting, Star Wars Music, Animatrix and more....

In this issue

X3 casting news
    Willams talks Star Wars: Episode III music
    Animatrix to screen in Australiz, New Zealand, and Japan
    Tidbits and Rumors
    --------------------------------------------
    X3 Casting news

Halle Berry is out, and director Bryan Singer remains noncommittal about returning to helm a third X-Men movie, Chicago Sun-Times columnist Cindy Pearlman reported. "It depends on the circumstances," Singer told Pearlman. "I know I love this cast, and I love the experiences I have on these movies. I feel great affection and proprietorship when it comes to this franchise, so I would probably want to be involved in a third film."

As for Oscar winner Berry, Pearlman said she has dropped out. But Singer hedged his bets. "You know, it depends," he said. "I think a lot depends on the evolution of her character, Storm."

Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) insisted that he'd love to return, but wouldn't commit to it, Pearlman said. Meanwhile, E! Online columnist Anderson Jones reported that a third X-Men film is already a lock, and that X2 stars Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, Alan Cumming and ex-footballer Daniel Cudmore (Colossus) are signed up for the next movie.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Willams talks Star Wars: Episode III music

Star Wars composer John Williams told CNN.com to expect echoes of the music from the first film in the upcoming prequel Episode III, which wraps up the saga. Williams said he hopes to use hints of some of the musical themes from Episode IV: A New Hope to link the three prequel movies with the original trilogy.

"I think working backwards, some musical hints like that will be appropriate," Williams told the site. "I am looking forward to bringing all those thematic fragments together in the final episode of Star Wars and to pick up what opportunities it'll have for new material, also to sort of round out a whole corpus of musical themes that are all interrelated and connected." Episode III is set to begin production this year, with a 2005 release date.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Animatrix to screen in Australia, New Zealand, and Japan

All nine Animatrix short films, set in Larry and Andy Wachowski's Matrix universe, will get a theatrical release in Australia, New Zealand and Japan, a Warner Brothers spokesperson confirmed for SCI FI Wire. The animated short films will hit theaters in Oz and New Zealand on May 9 and in Japan on May 16.

There are no plans for all of the films to be released theatrically in North America, although one, The Final Flight of the Osiris, has already screened in theaters attached to prints of Dreamcatcher. Warner will release The Animatrix on VHS and DVD on June 3. Four of the shorts are also available on the official Web site.

The Animatrix series was conceived by the Wachowskis, who also wrote four of the nine episodes, including Osiris, which acts as a prelude to the upcoming sequel film The Matrix Reloaded. Reloaded opens May 15.

(Reference this thread for Australia showings)
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Tidbits and Rumors

JoBlo's Movie Emporium reported that Twin Peaks writer Mark Frost has been hired to pen a new draft of a proposed Fantastic Four movie, based on the venerable Marvel Comics series.
    ------------------------------
    Moviehole reported a rumor that Nicole Kidman will have a cameo role in Terry Gilliam's upcoming fantasy film Brothers Grimm. Entertainment Tonight, meanwhile, reported that George Clooney will cameo in the upcoming Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over.
    -------------------------------
    The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers has grossed $910 million worldwide, placing the movie in fifth place among the all-time highest-grossing movies, Variety reported. Towers now places behind Titanic ($1.8 billion), Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone ($976 million), Star Wars: Episode I—The Phantom Menace ($926 million) and Jurassic Park ($920 million).
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

Re: Scifiwire Movie News (5/6/2003) - X3 casting, Star Wars Music, Animatrix and more....

Originally posted by Granite

JoBlo's Movie Emporium reported that Twin Peaks writer Mark Frost has been hired to pen a new draft of a proposed Fantastic Four movie, based on the venerable Marvel Comics series.
    what about teaming him up with lynch again and have him direct the movie
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Interesting news...

Glad to hear that Nightcrawler and Colossus will be back for X3, hopefully with Colossus having a major role. Halle Berry leaving X-men is fine with me, I never thought she was a good choice for Ororo, although she definitely improved (read: became less annoying) in X2.

All my friends agree: bring in Angela Bassett to be Storm!!!

Hugh Jackman hopefully will be back as Wolverine. Although he needs to bulk up a little and they need to cut down on the weepy Wolverine in X3 (e.g. sad to see wolverine close to tears b/c jean grey went bye bye).

Wonder if they'll make a spinoff X movie aimed at teens, like Generation X or the New Mutants comics were.

And it's good to hear that williams is still alive and will be able to finish the last star wars score. hopefully he'll still be alive next year to score Indy 4 as well... but then again, he IS pretty old.

Credits
    i thought they had a 3 movie deal when they made X men
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    i thought they had a 3 movie deal when they made X men
    That's exactly what I heard too. They must have not made it official at that time. Well, let's just hope that the saga ends with a fitting finale... Not like that crappy godfather 3 movie...
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    X-men is going to be a franchise... so don't expect X3 to be the last episode. Even with cast changes, I expect that X sequels be coming out every few years (until they kill the series with a dud like batman and robin... and heck, Batman Year 1 is coming out eventually anyway).

Credits
    I'd like an X franchise... Actually, better yet, I'd like a Marvel franchise where you've got all these superhero movies coming out with widespread inter-connected continuities... Have Spider-Man make reference to the liberty island incident. Think... if Stryker got away in X2, to have a film of Wolverine and Hulk hunting down the evil bastard behind their creation... wouldn't that be cool?
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    There are no plans for all of the films to be released theatrically in North America
    awww.

Oh well, I'll get the DVD still