Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    maniacKNOWSall Guest

Lightbulb MKA's Box office predictions *CHECK IT OUT!!*

The Box office for the nest month or so starting on may 9th and ending on june 20th. Check It Out!!! I'm always 98% right. Here it is.

May 9th
    1. X-Men 2: United - 102 million total
    2. Daddy Daycare - 17 million opening
    3. Lizzie McGuire Movie, The - 25 million total
    4. Identity - 40 million total
    5. Confidense - 35 million total

May 15th (one of the first thursday releases ever)
    1. Matrix: Reloaded, The - 135 million opening
    2. X-men 2: United - 112 million total
    3. Daddy Daycare - 23 million

May 23rd
    1. Matrix: Reloaded, The - 175 million total
    2. Bruce Almighty - 22 million opening
    3. In-Laws, The - 16 million opening

May 30th
    1. Matrix: Reloaded, The - 190 million total
    2. Bruce Almighty - 30 million total
    3. Finding Nemo - 18 million opening
    4. In-Laws, The - 21 million total

June 6th
    1. Matrix: Reloaded, The - 208 million total
    2. 2 Fast 2 Furious - 18 million opening (Cuz No Vin Deisel)
    3. Bruce Almighty - 45 million total

June 13th
    1. Hollywood Homicide - 49 million opening
    2. Dumb And Dumberer - 23 million opening
    3. Matrix: Reloaded, The - 218 million total
    4. Rugrats Go Wild - 16 million opening

June 20th
    1. Hulk - 68 million opening
    2. Matrix: Reloaded, The - 235 million total
    3. Hollywood Homicide - 56 million total
    4. Dumb and Dumberer - 27 million total

You Want MORE??? OK...............

June 27th
    1. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - 58 million opening
    2. Hulk - 82 million total
    3. Hollywood Homicide - 75 million total
    4. Matrix: Reloaded, The - 265 million

July 2nd
    1. Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines - 65 million opening
    2. Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde - 45 million opening
    3. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle - 63 million total
    4. Hulk - 89 million total

Thats it baby!!! Check em out!!! Later Y'ALL. DDD

Credits
    :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

Credits
    Matrix 2 135 Million...Naaah 'cause it's rated R

Credits
    Matrix: Reloaded, The - 135 million opening

LOL .. yeah right....

theres simply no BIG audience for it... its R 18 movie
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Re: MKA's Box office predictions *CHECK IT OUT!!*

Originally posted by maniacKNOWSall
    May 15th (one of the first thursday releases ever)

this was funny.... the two towers opened on a thursday, by the way. and $135 mil opening ??/ nope. won't do it. maybe $60 at best. why....?

it's rated r for one thing...so you are limited on who can get in to watch it....
    and the fan base is big, yes. but no where near as big as for spiderman ($115 opening).... X2 opened with $85m...matrix might be real lucky to get that close but there's no way it will make $135 opening. maybe by the end of the second week though....

thanks for the laugh....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    Matrix: Reloaded, The - 135 million opening

LOL .. yeah right....

theres simply no BIG audience for it... its R 18 movie
    and it is good that it is a r18 movie....no little kiddy kiddy movie.. :big grin:

Credits

Re: Re: MKA's Box office predictions *CHECK IT OUT!!*

Originally posted by red bear
    this was funny.... the two towers opened on a thursday, by the way. and $135 mil opening ??/ nope. won't do it. maybe $60 at best. why....?

it's rated r for one thing...so you are limited on who can get in to watch it....
    and the fan base is big, yes. but no where near as big as for spiderman ($115 opening).... X2 opened with $85m...matrix might be real lucky to get that close but there's no way it will make $135 opening. maybe by the end of the second week though....

thanks for the laugh....
    Slight correction: The Two Towers opened on a Wednesday. The only other movie that I know of that opened on a Thursday was Episode 2, and technically, it had an $80 million opening weekend because they don't count the Thursday totals when they calculated it. If you include Thursday, then it had a $110 million 4-day opening.

The only possible way that it will get $135 million is if you count the worldwide total for the weekend. Worldwide, X2 brought in $155 million last weekend, and that was because it opened on the same day everywhere. Unfortunately, The Matrix isn't following the same trend. So to sum it up, not a chance in hell.
    "Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today!"

Credits

Re: Re: Re: MKA's Box office predictions *CHECK IT OUT!!*

Originally posted by salsa shark
    Slight correction: The Two Towers opened on a Wednesday. The only other movie that I know of that opened on a Thursday was Episode 2, and technically, it had an $80 million opening weekend because they don't count the Thursday totals when they calculated it. If you include Thursday, then it had a $110 million 4-day opening.

The only possible way that it will get $135 million is if you count the worldwide total for the weekend. Worldwide, X2 brought in $155 million last weekend, and that was because it opened on the same day everywhere. Unfortunately, The Matrix isn't following the same trend. So to sum it up, not a chance in hell.
    actually...we had a 12:01 tuesday showing of TTT...so where i work it opened on wednesday. maybe that might not be the case everywhere in the US (i thought that i might be though)...

good idea on the worldwide opening $$$ ...but i agree, there's just no chance....

maniacKNOWSall Guest

About the Matrix

OK... OK.... OK.... The first Matrix made $171,414,892 in the box office and was released on 3/31/99, a wednesday. Now what does this meen? Well first off all, The Matrix is now considered one of the best Sci Fi / Action movie off all time.

So why cant its sequel have a huge opening like 135 million?

The Matrix also has a 4.5/5 user rating on Yahoo. The only other movies that I've seen with a user rating like that is The Fellowship of the Ring & The Two Towers.

OK.... The Matrix did allright in the box office but not the best. So why do I think Reloaded is gonna make 2X as much? Because of the following reasons:

1. The 1st Matrix was not anticipated as much as Reloaded is.

2. Reloaded is promising to be the biggest movie of the summer. Every where you look you see posters of it. Every channel has its TV Spot. Just about every movie has its Trailer. And Now Reloaded even has its own Drink! You know the powerade stuff. If having your own beverage isnt a sign of the most antisipated movie of the summer, then i dont know what is. (Do you think there gonna make a HULK drink?? Um... NO. but maybe a fruit snack )

3. Everyone is looking forward to seeing Reloaded. It doesnt matter if it rated R. Kids get into R rated movies anyways, it dont matter if there under 17. The theather always lets em in. And they even give them a student discount.

4. Dont say that there isnt an audience for it. Everyone over the age of 17 is its audience. And if you wana get technical read #3.

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo...s/matrix14.jpg

Credits

Re: About the Matrix

OK... OK.... OK.... The first Matrix made $171,414,892 in the box office and was released on 3/31/99, a wednesday. Now what does this meen? Well first off all, The Matrix is now considered one of the best Sci Fi / Action movie off all time.

The Matrix also has a 4.5/5 user rating on Yahoo. The only other movies that I've seen with a user rating like that is The Fellowship of the Ring & The Two Towers.

OK.... The Matrix did allright in the box office but not the best. So why do I think Reloaded is gonna make 2X as much? Because of the following reasons:

2. Reloaded is promising to be the biggest movie of the summer. Every where you look you see posters of it. Every channel has its TV Spot. Just about every movie has its Trailer. And Now Reloaded even has its own Drink! You know the powerade stuff. If having your own beverage isnt a sign of the most antisipated movie of the summer, then i dont know what is. (Do you think there gonna make a HULK drink?? Um... NO. but maybe a fruit snack )

3. Everyone is looking forward to seeing Reloaded. It doesnt matter if it rated R. Kids get into R rated movies anyways, it dont matter if there under 17. The theather always lets em in. And they even give them a student discount.

4. Dont say that there isnt an audience for it. Everyone over the age of 17 is its audience. And if you wana get technical read #3.

just like JAR JAR Binks in 1999

Credits
    Okay... Where to begin... all right, let's start right here. If X2 hits 102 mil this weekend, that will mean it's done less than the 17 million that you say Daddy Day-Care will do(even IF not a soul in the world saw it from Sunday-Thursday, it was over 85.5) but let's give you the benefit of the doubt and say that an 80% second weekend drop is kosher for a movie that is getting some of the best word of mouth I have EVER heard(even my friggin parents liked it...). Matrix Reloaded... 135 mil is just a little on the hyper-optimistic side. It would be awesome if it got over half that, and with the 5 days, I think it will land just shy of 80 mil... second weekend it might hit the 135 mark. And again, you predict absolutely MASSIVE second weekend drops on movies that get good word of mouth. Moving on... Finding Nemo at 18mil? you gotta be kidding me. Triple that and you're in the right ball park. Bruce'll probably get about 45 opening, depending on reviews. Fast&Furious 2... if(and this is a huge IF) Universal doesn't start to crank the promotion into overdrive, it's possible that it'll open under 30, but I doubt it. Again, about 45 mil and some solid staying power. Hollywood Homicide looks great, but I'm gonna lowball it at about 40 mil opening. The rest of your opening predictions seem fairly spot on, although I think you're aiming just a little high for Charlie's 2.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    ooh wow.. you're always 98% right.... been to
    <a href="http://www.boxofficemojo.com">Box Office Mojo</a>.. they make the same claim... however he doesnt seem to be as arrogant as you ??!? i dunno.. go figure?

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    I hate to bring it up once again, but Maniac's grammar and spelling is ATROCIOUS!!!!

How can you claim to know all, if you don't know the english language, asshat?

"it dont matter if there under 17" - THEY'RE. Contraction of THEY ARE. GOT IT?

"Now what does this meen? Well first off all..." MEEN??? MEEN???? Mean, I think you MEAN. First OFF all....man, you are insulting everyone's intelligence here.

I think that the newbie pic has to be posted......

Credits

Re: About the Matrix

And the Fans doesnt want it one time...they want to watch it several times...(2-8).....
    That will push the rise to the max

Credits
    ....unless it flops...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast