Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Credits

Matrix questions

on my way to work today i probably saw about 20 MATRIX Reloaded POSTERS, and big once like on 4 storey buildings or on Tram or Train cars and also on most Bus or Train Stations... and damn the marketing here is HUGE..... i also see lots of SAMSUMG cell phone posters advertising for Matrix ..

anyway here are my questions.. i am asking them now coz I want to know them and I want to get them out of my mind...

What is the mission or objective of NEO ?

Why does the real body die when you die in the Matrix?
    (coz the if the mind dies the body dies too?)

If the goal of these guys(Neo and Co) is to destroy the Matrix, wont this also kill everybody attached to the Matrix except those already living in ZION... ?!?!

What is so special about Agent Smith, why does he have a personal agenda? In Matrix 1 he mentioned he wants to get out of the Matrix, why is that? What is real objective/agenda?

If Trinity is an Agent, does this mean she is a robot in the real world? How do agents survive in the real world when they are just computer programs/sims?

and any more background story on the Oracle and Morpheus ?

And about the Sim with in a Sim scenario, where does this all fit in... ?

Most of these questions I actually got after watching the animatrix and some of these rumors I already heard about since 1999, well anyway correct me if i am wrong in any of these plot points.

added questions......... after watching movie

so NEO is a program or part of the plan by the machines to make sure that Zion is always destroyed? The architect did mention that he is the 6th version and that Zion was destroyed 6 times already.

Meo was able to destroy those robots in the REAL world.... does this mean the real world is just a SIM ?.. so the SIM in a SIM sinario is true? Or does this prove that NEO is actually an Agent , well he is already an agent... the Architect said it....
    Last edited by trailergod; 05-22-2003 at 07:23 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Watch Matrix1 and it will be answered. Remember. Answers are to the scifi world and not based on reality

1. Mission of all humans is to break away from the Matrix and win the battle or war against the machines
    2. The body can not live without a mind (or CPU). We don't have that technology yet. Basciialy, they are getting convinced that they are dead. Or its probably, when u are killed, the Matrix makes u feel killed by giving u that effect. In the movie its BS when Neo puts his fingers in his mouth and sees blood. The body won't be damaged. Just probably fall into acoma not waking up.
    3. The only ones that can be disconnected from the Matrix r the ones that can except the truth. Probably something to do with shock!
    4. Like it explains in Animatrix, each machine is different and I guess Smith's program is different (individual) as well. I guess he is sick of his life. Like the first robot to stand up against humans. Ring a bell?
    5. Haven't seen the movie to answer this.
    6. What sim within a sim?
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Watch Matrix1 and it will be answered. Remember. Answers are to the scifi world and not based on reality

1. Mission of all humans is to break away from the Matrix and win the battle or war against the machines
    2. The body can not live without a mind (or CPU). We don't have that technology yet. Basciialy, they are getting convinced that they are dead. Or its probably, when u are killed, the Matrix makes u feel killed by giving u that effect. In the movie its BS when Neo puts his fingers in his mouth and sees blood. The body won't be damaged. Just probably fall into acoma not waking up.
    3. The only ones that can be disconnected from the Matrix r the ones that can except the truth. Probably something to do with shock!
    4. Like it explains in Animatrix, each machine is different and I guess Smith's program is different (individual) as well. I guess he is sick of his life. Like the first robot to stand up against humans. Ring a bell?
    5. Haven't seen the movie to answer this.
    6. What sim within a sim?
    Good answers

Credits
    im curious about the sim thing aswell

Credits

Re: Matrix questions

Originally posted by tisoy
    What is so special about Agent Smith, why does he have a personal agenda? In Matrix 1 he mentioned he wants to get out of the Matrix, why is that? What is real objective/agenda?
    Agent Smith wuz saying all of that cuz he wanted the freakin codes!!!! he wuz just trying to make morpheus to tell him the codes and to fool him into thinking that agent smith wants to be a part of the matrix and in order to do that... he need the codes... that's my opinion
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Agent Smith is an AI, arguably one thaqt is more advanced than the other agents from what we see. Because his thought process is more advanced, he questions what he sees, and, I think, he begins to feel emotions. This kinda freakis him out, and eventually he goes rogue, rebelling against the machines and simply pursuing his own desires... which is where we meet him in Reloaded.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

maniacKNOWSall Guest
    Originally posted by blugh
    Agent Smith is an AI, arguably one thaqt is more advanced than the other agents from what we see. Because his thought process is more advanced, he questions what he sees, and, I think, he begins to feel emotions. This kinda freakis him out, and eventually he goes rogue, rebelling against the machines and simply pursuing his own desires... which is where we meet him in Reloaded.
    Well that kinda sucks then because as soon as the Matrix finds out that hes gone "rogue", then it can just uninstall his program... right.. Dumba$$....

Its all part of the Matrix Smith is programed that way because he is really a human trapted inside the Matrix... Because The Matrix is all part of another Matrix. So the real world is still the Matrix.... Got it... You'll see in Revolutions...

MOD: Spoiler tags added! Please Be more careful dude!
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 05-09-2003 at 09:03 AM.

Credits
    hrmm i see somone read the posts at AICN.. nice spoiler warning!

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Thank you for the Spoilers DUmbass........
    the bord invented something called this

Credits
    Originally posted by maniacKNOWSall
    Well that kinda sucks then because as soon as the Matrix finds out that hes gone "rogue", then it can just uninstall his program... right.. Dumba$$....

Its all part of the Matrix Smith is programed that way because he is really a human trapted inside the Matrix... Because The Matrix is all part of another Matrix. So the real world is still the Matrix.... Got it... You'll see in Revolutions...
    The Matrix doesn't uninstall its rogue programs, as is clearly evident from the continued survival of the Ghosts, the Oracle, Persephone... need I go on?

EDIT: And just a note, I'm trying to avoid the bigger spoilers, so what I'm saying here is just speculation based on what I've read and seen

MOD: Spoiler tags added!
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 05-09-2003 at 09:03 AM.

Credits
    Watching Matrix1 now on TV (Australian Free-2-air on Channel 9), and notice alot of things about it now after following the story and animatrix and all related Matrix topics. Didn't know back in 1999, it story was all worked out. Green tint and such! All the pictures up on walls have a green tint on them as well. Some sound is amatuer work but I guess that didn't know how good the movie was going to get.

I can say one thing for sure.. or 2. Matrix story writters are very good but bad directors! Sounds like Lucas!

PS: Matrix2 trailers and TV SPots playing on every ad. Jeez!
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 05-10-2003 at 07:13 AM.

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Watching Matrix1 now on TV (Australian Free-2-air on Channel 9), and notice alot of things about it now after following the story and animatrix and all related Matrix topics. Didn't know back in 1999, it story was all worked out. Green tint and such! All the pictures up on walls have a green tint on them as well. Some sound is amatuer work but I guess that didn't know how good the movie was going to get.

I can say one thing for sure.. or 2. Matrix story writters are very good but bad directors! Sounds like Lucas!

PS: Matrix2 trailers and TV SPots playing on every ad. Jeez!
    LOL.....Lucas is more unable to make a good plot....but he is the king of Digital FIlming/sound

Credits
    I disagree! Lucas has madea a whole universe. Look @ all the crap that has come out. Books, games and movies. All connected and he grabs the money from what ppl love. Has anyone done such a trilogy on a major scape that was planned from day one? Well... perhaps the creator of Babylon5! Go to the Star Wars website and there are pages on pages about the universe. Just reading about the background charactors have their own pages on the site. Its just a massive story jammed packed. Same as Matrix. I think Matrix will follow the same way!

Credits
    But lucas was so clever to get the merchandise licence and stuff..
    No Movie COmpany would do that again....

Credits
    Thats the beauty. Lucas has his own company. Technically, he is a independant film maker. He isn't like Spielberg, where he works with the studio, Lucas makes what he wants, whenever he wants.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast