Credits

TALK Quentin Tarantino

Date of birth (location)
    27 March 1963
    Knoxville, Tennessee, USA

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Tarantino,%20Quentin

So who is Quentin Tarantino to you?
    Do you like his movies?
    What is your favorite movie that he directed?

Trade mark
    His main characters drive cars from Chevrolet, such as Jules's 1974 Nova and Vincent's 1960s Malibu. He often frames characters with doorways, and shows them opening and closing doors. Much of the violence and minor character dialogue is offscreen in Tarantino's films.

Suitcases: A suitcase plays an important role in Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown and True Romance...

Makes references to cult movies and television

Frequently works with Harvey Keitel

Main character usually dies: Vincent Vega, Jacob Fuller, Mr. White, Clarence Worley (died in original script)

Re-uses names: ie "Vincent" and "Marvin" appear in both Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction

His films usually have a shot from inside a car trunk

Frequently casts Tim Roth

Lead characters usually drive General Motors vehicles, particularly Chevrolet and Cadillac.

Often uses an unconventional storytelling device in his films, such as retrospect (Reservoir Dogs), non-linear (Pulp Fiction), or "chapter" format (Kill Bill).

he directed 8 movies..

i like
    Reservoir Dogs (1992)
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Director/screenwriter/actor/producer Quentin Tarantino was perhaps the most distinctive and volatile talent to emerge in American film in the early '90s. Unlike the previous generation of American filmmakers, Tarantino learned his craft from his days as a video clerk, rather than as a film school student. Consequently, he developed an audacious fusion of pop culture and independent art house cinema; his films were thrillers that were distinguished as much by their clever, twisting dialogue as their outbursts of extreme violence. Tarantino initially began his career as an actor (his biggest role was as an Elvis impersonator on an episode of The Golden Girls), taking classes while he was working at Video Archives in Manhattan Beach, CA.
    ADVERTISEMENT

During his time at Video Archives, the fledgling filmmaker began writing screenplays, completing his first, True Romance, in 1987. With his co-worker, Roger Avary (who would later also become a director), Tarantino tried to get financial backing to film the script. After years of negotiations, he decided to sell the script, which wound up in the hands of director Tony Scott. During this time, Tarantino wrote the screenplay for Natural Born Killers. Again, he was unable to come up with enough investors to make a movie and gave the script to his partner, Rand Vossler. Tarantino then used the money he made from True Romance to begin pre-production on Reservoir Dogs, a film about a failed heist. Reservoir Dogs received financial backing from LIVE Entertainment after Harvey Keitel agreed to star in the movie. Word-of-mouth on Reservoir Dogs began to build at the 1992 Sundance Film Festival, which led to scores of glowing reviews, making the film a cult hit. While many critics and fans were praising Tarantino, he developed a sizable amount of detractors. Claiming he ripped off the obscure Hong Kong thriller City on Fire, the critics only added to the director/writer's already considerable buzz. During 1993, Tarantino wrote and directed his next feature, Pulp Fiction, which featured three interweaving crime story lines; Tony Scott's big-budget production of True Romance was also released that year.

In 1994, Tarantino was elevated from a cult figure to a major celebrity. Pulp Fiction won the Palme d'or at the Cannes Film Festival that May, beginning the flood of good reviews for the picture. Before Pulp Fiction was released in October, Oliver Stone's bombastic version of Natural Born Killers hit the theaters in August; Tarantino distanced himself from the film and was only credited for writing the basic story. Pulp Fiction soon eclipsed Natural Born Killers in both acclaim and popularity: Made for eight million dollars, the film eventually grossed over 100 million dollars and topped many critics' top ten lists. Pulp Fiction earned seven Academy Award nominations, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay (Tarantino and Avary), Best Actor (John Travolta), Best Supporting Actor (Samuel L. Jackson), and Best Supporting Actress (Uma Thurman).

After the film's success, Tarantino was everywhere, from talk shows to a cameo in the low-budget Sleep With Me. At the beginning of 1995, he directed a segment of the anthology film Four Rooms and acted in Robert Rodriguez's sequel to El Mariachi, Desperado, and the comedy Destiny Turns on the Radio, in which he had a starring role. Tarantino also kept busy with television, directing an episode of the NBC TV hit ER and appearing in Margaret Cho's sitcom All-American Girl.

The latter half of the '90s saw Tarantino continue his multifaceted role as an actor, director, screenwriter, and producer. In 1996, he served as the screenwriter and executive producer for the George Clooney schlock-fest From Dusk Till Dawn, and the following year renewed some of his earlier acclaim as the director and screenwriter of Jackie Brown. The film, in which Tarantino had a voice-over cameo, reunited him with Fiction star Samuel L. Jackson and won him the raves that had been missing for much of his post-Fiction career. Also in 1997, Tarantino appeared in Full Tilt Boogie, a documentary about the making of From Dusk Till Dawn. His film work the following year was essentially confined to a role in Julia Sweeney's God Said, Ha!, and in 1999, he was back behind the camera as the producer for From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money. ~ All Movie Guide
    From what I've seen an OK director. He made Reservoir Dogs which was a good but far from great heist movie. He's made one of the best black comedy's around with pulp fiction, which a lot of people from my generation regard as one of the best movies ever put to print. It's fantastic but it wouldn't even make my top 100 list. I haven't seen four rooms or Jackie Brown and think that Kill Bill looks like total crap.

He did star in From Dusk Till Dawn though which was... Well it was a crap crime/drama/action/horror/gorefest all roled into one.

From Dusk Till Dawn *
    Reservoir Dogs ***
    Pulp Fiction *****
    Last edited by carl; 05-11-2003 at 04:54 PM.

Credits
    i also think he´s overrated. pulp fiction is not bad, but far from a masterpiece, and i have to admit i fell asleep during jackie brown . maybe i should give it a second try, but somehow his movies don´t appeal to me. i only like from dusk till dawn and natural born killers, but i guess you can´t consider them tarantino movies.
    and i think he shouldn´t "act" anymore
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

Originally posted by carl
    He did star in From Dusk Till Dawn though which was... Well it was a crap crime/drama/action/horror/gorefest all roled into one. From Dusk Till Dawn *
    i like FDTD a LOT!

now got also 2 DVD borrowed at home. i remember when i saw it for the 1st time in cinema; when vampires comes on scene, some folks just left the theater...

>So who is Quentin Tarantino to you?

funny weird guy

>Do you like his movies?

mostly

>What is your favorite movie that he directed?

Reservoir Dogs

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    well he my be over rated at times but his movies are unique..

Credits
    So who is Quentin Tarantino to you?
    The guy from this <a href="http://us.imdb.com/Title?0112851">movie</a>

Do you like his movies?
    Only ever seen, Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs.. but i liked them...

What is your favorite movie that he directed?
    Hrmm.. probably.. reservoir dogs... but am looking forward to <a href="http://us.imdb.com/Title?0266697">Kill Bill</a>

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}