Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Thing

4 66.67%
  • The Blob

2 33.33%
    Credits

The Thing Vs The Blob (remakes)

Hollywood bad boy Vs B Movie bad boy, but who would win. DISCUSS, there are no simple answers.

The Blob is a blob. It can not be hurt and can not be killed only tranqulized with extreme colds. It eats everything it comes accross and as long as it avoids eating a cinema full of people can go about unnoticed.

Weaknesses=It doesn't like the cold.

The Thing absorbs everything it touches and then immitates it. If The Blob tried to eat it it could probably absorb it first and can survive awake in extreme colds when it chooses.

Weaknesses-Doesn't like fire.

Who do you think would win? Could the Thing immitate The Blob? If It could then would it be fast enough? Would it be a case of The Thing immitating The Blob by 1 particle as The Blob eats 2 particles of The Thing because The Thing is only able to do something after it's absorbed 100% of it's oponent and the Blob just get's bigger as it eats meaning less Thing More Blob, but evenm if The Blob won would it have won or could it be that The Thing absorbed it, changed into the Blob and then ate it's other form? Could The Blob tell if it had won? Would their even be a winner? Why am I even asking this? Arghhhhh so many questions and there are so many points to discuss among yourselves. Let the discussion begin.

Credits
    that's a tough one. Both of them can be split up into multiple versions, and create an army.

I'd have to cast my vote for the Blob though. I assume that it would be able to digest the Thing fast enough. Especially considering how quickly it incorporates all of it's victims into its body so quickly. The Blob's dissoving acid may have the same effect as fire does on the Thing.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    The Blob ... i completely forgot this movie... is this the slime movie?
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I haven't seen this 'Blob' movie. I checked IMDB and it says there are two - the original from '58 with Steve McQueen and a remake from '88. Which one is better? I'll have to watch one (or both) before I vote here .
    Last edited by lafce; 05-12-2003 at 03:00 PM.

Credits
    Well the second blob movie involves a government conspiracy, along with the monster.

I don't remember the older version too well, but from what I do remember, it moved much slower, and relied on it's sneaky-ness to grab people.

The second blob is considerable faster, it doubles in size almost instantly after it grabs someone, and it uses tentacles and acid to get it's prey. It also likes to go after babes. haha

also, everyone knows that the blob is vulnerarble to cold . But the newer blob has a somewhat more dangerous reaction. If only in the potential for distribution.