Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Credits

matrix reloaded review = my $.02 (no spoilers)

well...i just got home from watching the matrix 2. it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be but it also is not as good as it should have been.

the plot was interesting. a lot of story twists and little thoughts and commetns that make you think "wtf?"....
    the fx were really not revolutionary like the first matrix (bullet time) and actually the bullet time sequences they had were almost cheesy. the "burly brawl" was good but you can clearly tell what was CG and what wasn't (not much). at times it looked like someone had cheapened the CG down to Poser figures. basically it was cheap. in fact, i would say that most fo the CG was cheap when it came to the virtual actors and doubles. however, the CG of Zion and the real earth were great. very believable.

i am not going to give anything away because i know m,ost of us have not seen it yet... but there is something towards the end that makes you think...."what if....???"

overall i would give it 3/5. people are going to like it but i think not as much as original anticipated. will it do better than X2 ?? maybe. but not because it is a better movie.

oh, and having to wait the 10 minutes to get through the credits to see the revolutions sneak was lame. the sneak was really nothing great....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    no offence..but i dont , generally speaking, give a crap about (your) reviews...
    everybody has an opinion...i am gonna watch it...im going to like it!..of dislike it..
    dont give a crap if the story aint all that, if its entertaintment.. it entertains me..so it is..thats what its ment for..

yada yada yada

Credits
    Originally posted by sander.brons
    no offence..but i dont , generally speaking, give a crap about (your) reviews...
    everybody has an opinion...i am gonna watch it...im going to like it!..of dislike it..
    dont give a crap if the story aint all that, if its entertaintment.. it entertains me..so it is..thats what its ment for..

yada yada yada
    thats why its his $.02 ...

one thing i really noticed in the ML forums..... the members seem, to think everybody has the same opinion and nobody is allowed to discuss a movie?

i mean in other movie FORUMS REAL debate and mature debate is goin on about the merits of movies and not if some1 gives a CRAP about someone's opinion.... whats the POINT of an OPEN FORUM when we all have the SAME SIDES or opinion on a subject matter....

Anyway I can’t say anything about the movie until i have seen it, so far the anticipation is killing me and I hope it won’t disappoint me.
    Last edited by trailergod; 05-14-2003 at 03:52 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    red bear . btw is the trailer at the END credits the same as the one on the ENTER THE MATRIX game?

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    red bear . btw is the trailer at the END credits the same as the one on the ENTER THE MATRIX game?

i really hope that it isnt...cuz id like to see sumit abit longer...da fight in the rain IMO looks like its gona be frikin awesome, its just summit about rain fights that add more agression...:big grin: :big grin: :big grin: i cant wait

Credits
    Originally posted by sander.brons

yada yada yada
    Same opinion ...

Credits

Re: matrix reloaded review = my $.02 (no spoilers)

Originally posted by red bear
    oh, and having to wait the 10 minutes to get through the credits to see the revolutions sneak was lame. the sneak was really nothing great....
    The Revolutions teaser at the end was a bit disappointing. it was so short, and was not as good as the teaser from Enter The Matrix (so, yes, it's different than the enter the matrix trailer). But it was worth it.

Credits

a few pointless thoughts (some spoilers) on Reloaded

The action/fx are overall pretty good, but since everyone has been copying matrix style fx/choreography for the past 4 years, it really seemed somewhat dated. the first fight they show is particularly not impressive. The fights are much longer however, and pretty creative though. much more fighting from morpheus.

The music really SUCKED. especially during the fight scenes. the fights would have benefited a good deal with some kick a$$ music (like propellerheads from matrix 1). my friend and i agreed the music brought the film down.

persinophy (however you spell her name), the italian chick, was pretty hot... WHEW. but she's barely in it. her husband though was pretty lame.

the freeway scene had some awe-inspiring stunts.

The plot is strange, convoluted, hard to follow, but pretty interesting. but at least they tried their best to make it interesting as the first one.

they could've easily turned it into an R rated film though, by just cutting a few expletives, since the violence was comparable to X2.

Overall, it was pretty good, but it starts out REALLY slowly, and there are quite a few long, boring spells. although not as good as matrix 1, it turned out to be alright.

Credits
    im gonna see it in 10 hours!!
    (10 pm my time)

Credits

Roger Ebert reviews reloaded.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert...matrix14f.html
    ***half
    Commander Lock: "Not everyone believes what you believe."

Morpheus: "My beliefs do not require that they do."

Characters are always talking like this in "The Matrix Reloaded," which plays like a collaboration involving a geek, a comic book and the smartest kid in Philosophy 101. Morpheus in particular unreels extended speeches that remind me of Laurence Olivier's remarks when he won his honorary Oscar--the speech that had Jon Voight going "God!" on TV, but in print turned out to be quasi-Shakespearean doublespeak. The speeches provide not meaning, but the effect of meaning: It sure sounds like those guys are saying some profound things.
    A reviewer I respect. He loves action movies like this, but is not fooled by all of the half harted attempts at philosophy.

Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time tells the story of a cosmologist whose speech is interrupted by a little old lady who informs him that the universe rests on the back of a turtle. "Ah, yes, madame," the scientist replies, "but what does the turtle rest on?" The old lady shoots back: "You can't trick me, young man. It's nothing but turtles, turtles, turtles, all the way down."
    Now if that doesn't sum up the philosophy of The Matrix then I don't know what does.

Credits
    some good points...

As we learned in "The Matrix," the Machines need human bodies, millions and millions of them, for their ability to generate electricity. In an astonishing sequence, we saw countless bodies locked in pods around central cores that extended out of sight above and below. The Matrix is the virtual reality that provides the minds of these sleepers with the illusion that they are active and productive. Questions arise, such as, is there no more efficient way to generate power? And why give the humans dreams when they would generate just as much energy if comatose? And why create such a complex virtual world for each and every one of them, when they could all be given the same illusion and be none the wiser? Why is each dreamer himself or herself, occupying the same body in virtual reality as the one asleep in the pod?
    After his speech, the citizens dance in a percussion-driven frenzy, which is intercut with Neo and Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) having sex. I think their real bodies are having the sex, although you can never be sure.
    LOL..hehehe

Credits

Thumbs up

Ebert does have a way of putting things .. I like his review though! I went to see Reloaded last evening at the 10:00pm showing at the AMC theatre. It was packed, a really rowdy bunch before the film started and silent during the film .. it didn't disappoint .. the spfx and action scenes were amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing Revolutions in November!
    I loved that line by Morpheus ..

Commander Lock: "Not everyone believes what you believe."
    Morpheus: "My beliefs do not require that they do."

BTW - <A HREF="http://www.thematrix.com">The Matrix.com</A> news area states that there will be some new content added later today .. no doubt, the Revolutions teaser trailer shown at the end of the credits will be available real soon!

:big grin:
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 05-15-2003 at 10:35 AM.
    "It used to be said that we are what we eat... And then people maybe... a little more fashion conscious would say... 'No, you are what you wear'... Or you are what you read... But we would say in this millenium... You are what you watch..." Peter Gabriel - Growing Up

Credits
    It was good, quite good really. Yes, the CG is pretty frickin obvious. Yes, it's really damn confusing, especially if you don't have a really strong grasp of the ideas in the original. No, I don't think it was fight scenes that got it an R in the states. Yes, they top bullet-time, if only for a moment or two. Yes, there are long expository scenes that are remarkably boring if you didn't get the original and have considerable knowledge. Zion looks awesome.

3.5/5
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    this aint movie news. its "General Chatter - Movie Related" and whats wrong with the ATLEAST 3 other review threads on Reloaded? We DONT need 4, or 3 for that matter. Stop multiposting!!!

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I liked the movie, but I believe that the movie has gained some things and lost some things from the original movie. The thing that it has gained is basically a feel that is now a universe - it feels a lot less small, there isn't just this small band of freedom fighters - there are MILLIONS.

The thing that it has lost is that now it DEPENDS on the fight scenes and special effects to get it through. The story was better than I expected, but it played second fiddle to extended, dragged out and ultimately repetitive fight scenes and special effects. The two scenes where I expected to be wowed (burly brawl and the car chase scene,) I was motioning to hurry up. My friend Lisa was almost falling asleep during the car chase scene....seriously.

There were two scenes where I was impressed, but due to the no spoiler thing in this thread, I'll save them for a spoiler thread, or until everyone's seen the flick.

I'd give it 3/5 also, and I agree that yeah, it will do better than X-Men 2, but not because it's a better flick. X-Men 2 shites on this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast