Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Size of Quicktime Trailers on TV

If I wanted to make a CD to watch on my dreamcast (yes it can happen) full of Quicktime files how big would the trailers have to be to fill the screen with good quality? I know normally trailers are in VOB, but I take it 480 isnt big enough for watching on TV with good quality....any help well appreciated!

480x320?
    640x480?
    1024x768?
    and so on...

Credits
    1st maximum res for normal TV is 640x480, thats why DVDs NTSC are at 720x480 , PAL DVDs have about 100 more lines. Normal TV also plays videos "interlaced" or not progressive, unlike our PC always plays at progressive video.

My question is why would you want to see these trailers in less quality? Converting QT to mpeg2 or to vcd always lessens the quality, thats always a result of trans coding.

Converting a 480 QT trailer to 720 makes no sense at all, it will look ugly, its always better to have a source that is bigger in res then down covert the res. Resizing to a higher res will always look bad coz you will introduce lines or "staircasing effect" on the video or it will look soft. Just be sure u use the right filters.

What software are u using to make mpeg2 or vob files?

My suggestion it to make SVCDs instead, which have a res of 480x480 , they will look better and use up less space than DVD mpeg2

read more about trans coding from this site

http://www.doom9.org/
    Last edited by trailergod; 05-18-2003 at 08:12 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Thanks mate, looks like Ill have to get 640 trailers. Im not making VOB or MPEG, its just MOV. ITs a special Movie Player developed at home.

Now im going to put 640x480 trailers on the CD and watch it now. Thanks for the advice. Nothing technical!

Credits
    Originally posted by Rogue Trader
    Thanks mate, looks like Ill have to get 640 trailers. Im not making VOB or MPEG, its just MOV. ITs a special Movie Player developed at home.

Now im going to put 640x480 trailers on the CD and watch it now. Thanks for the advice. Nothing technical!
    there´s a .mov player out for dreamcast? :big grin:
    i only have a vcd player which is ok and a svcd player which is really lame, but they are pretty outdated, maybe i should check some links again.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    there is.....am I allowed to link to it? Tell you what PM me and Ill send you the link ok? Its really good apparently.