Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

M. Night's next project

M. Night Shyamalan is working on his next project. The director of SIGNS, THE SIXTH SENSE and UNBREAKABLE will begin filming THE WOODS this coming October. In talks to star in Shyamalan's fifth film are Ashton Kutcher (THAT 70s SHOW), Kirsten Dunst (SPIDER-MAN) and Joaquin Phoenix (SIGNS).

Unlike his earlier films, THE WOODS is set more than a century ago in 1897 but it does continue Shyamalan's curiousity with the supernatural. The picture revolves around a community of townfolk who live with the knowledge that a race of mythical beings live in the woods around their village.

Shyamalan negotiated a deal with The Walt Disney Company to direct two more movies, of which THE WOODS is the first. He may do another film for another studio after completing WOODS, which is now targeted for a summer 2004 release.

Credits
    I have never seen a movie by M. Night Shyamalan that has disappointed me. I liked all of three of his films (6th Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs).
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    I still have to see Signs. I loved 6th sense even after it was RUINED for me (damn you Stu - I know you're out there somewhere... ) Unbreakable was amazing - though I don't know a lot of people that loved it.

Credits
    http://www.latinoreview.com/index.html
    Woods: According to The Hollywood Reporter, The star-studded lineup of director M. Night Shyamalan's upcoming thriller "The Woods" continues to expand as Oscar winner Adrien Brody is in negotiations to join the film's ensemble cast. Brody joins Joaquin Phoenix, Bryce Dallas Howard, William Hurt and Sigourney Weaver in the Walt Disney Co. film. Set in 1897, "Woods" revolves around a close-knit community that lives with the frightening knowledge that a mythical race of creatures resides in the woods around them.
    sounds better
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Thumbs up

Thanks for the news update, guys! I have loved all of M. Night Shyamalan's films (he's on my short list of favourite directors) and will definitely be checking this one out!
    "It used to be said that we are what we eat... And then people maybe... a little more fashion conscious would say... 'No, you are what you wear'... Or you are what you read... But we would say in this millenium... You are what you watch..." Peter Gabriel - Growing Up

Credits
    Very happy with Night's work. Signs was fantastic. Was the first time in a while I was genuinely scared. Even my boyfriend at the time was holding tight with me but I was the one that screamed alittle.

So a bit of fantasy added to this supernatural stuff? I wait more news on this. Hope for a great teaser.

Credits
    Hey Frequency!

Is that you on your avatar?

Credits
    what's it going to be rated if it's a Disney movie?