Patrick Swayze

Released
    10/10/02 Melb 17/1002 Syd, Bris Perth

Country of Origin
    USA

Language
    English
    Site
    Donnie Darco is a dark and surrial fantasy about a young boy who starts talking to a giant bunny man, who only he can see, after a Jet engine appears from nowhere and lands in his bedroom. Frank is actually one of the more disturbing creations in modern cinmema being as one critic described him, as a cross between Bugs Bunny and the terminator. Seeing this weird guy in a rabbit costume, with an evil silver face and slow withdrawn voice makes it impossible to laugh at, and will have people rushing for their light switches. There is a dreamy quality to the films more surreal moments that is helped along by the cinamtography, soundtrack and an almost sleepy performance by Jake Gyllenhaal, who plays the title role. One of the better made films of 2001.
    ****/5

Classic quote for this film.
    Unsettling and audacious, Richard Kelly's debut feature Donnie Darko is, without question, this year's best apocalyptic time travel movie featuring a malevolent giant bunny.
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/click/...e=1&rid=268452

Credits
    This movie kicks arse!! Seriously though.. to fully understand it.. you have to watch it.. watch the directors commentary, then watch it again..

Also reading the "book" about time travel and the website errata will help out as well.. my favorite line from the movie is when Donnie educates all his friends on the genetics and mating habits of the smurfs! hehehe

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    i actually heard about this movie here in ML, when the trailer was posted and when Mischa mentioned that its a very good movie (where is Mischa?!?!!? )

I liked it very much, its one of these movies that pops up once in a few years and makes you wonder... WTF was that... i have to watch it again...hehehe

The subject matter and the acting in this movie is very good. THe use of unique dreamy cinematography even added more to the uniqueness of this movie.

It is science fiction, time travel, love, murder, death, life and fate and destiny all packed into this movie ...and packed very well I may add
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    i really liked this movie, the style is also great, if you consider that it's really low budget.
    when i saw it in theaters there was a group sitting next to us who obviously had no idea what they are going to see, i guess they expected some sort of scream. they left 10(!) minutes before the end, although they even came back after the intermission
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers