Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Natural Born Killers... ugh

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0110632

Natural Born Killers... i hate this movie soooo much, it is simply the most peice of shi't movie Oliver Stone ever made. I love his work, Platoon, JFK, Nixon even Any Given Sunday.... but this movie, Natural Born Killers, is like a movie made by the Oliver Stone 's psycho self from watching to much evening NEWS and MTV. This movie is like a 2 hour MTV in evening news mode. It has no point, no direction and no substance.. its simply disgusting.

This movie simply hit me in the wong spot. I even recently saw the directors cut which is 4 mins longer and has more gore, blood and violence. And its even 4 times worse.....

Maybe the main reason i dislike this movie is that its not "FUN" at all....
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I've heard many claim natural born killers to be a satire on how the media will manipulate events for the sake of ratings, but that is hardly a new idea. For the best example I can think would be the TV series Drop The Dead Donkey however their is also a ,lot of films that deal with the subject a lot better than NBK does. The camera work is the WORST that I can recall, the characters are all unlikeable and the acting horrible. If you haven't seen this film yet then I really really envy you. A film made to be about people killing, nothing more-and there couldn't be much less.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

heh, I like this movie very much
    looking my old movie database: 4.5 out of 5

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Originally posted by ZUBi
    heh, I like this movie very much
    looking my old movie database: 4.5 out of 5
    what is there to like? put aside the subject matter and only center on the movie... what do you like about this movie?

The subject matter of this movie is actually very interesting and another director or writer could have done a better job

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

Originally posted by tisoy
    what is there to like? put aside the subject matter and only center on the movie... what do you like about this movie?
    khhh khhh, Juliette hehehe. joking (kinda), but I love movie. what to say more. loved because is F'ed up. simple

Credits

The subject matter of this movie is actually very interesting and another director or writer could have done a better job
    tommy lee jones...

(never saw the movie.... only movie my mum kept me from seeing. even tho she let me watch alien when i wuz five years old!)
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I absolutely agree with Tisoy here. This movie is one jacked up piece of shyster. I can't see anything good in it and the story is pointless and it is basically a waste of 2 hours of my life with nothing but violence and drugs....
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar

(never saw the movie.... only movie my mum kept me from seeing. even tho she let me watch alien when i wuz five years old!)
    lol, my mother too. i could watch everything i wanted when i was 14 or 15, but i was never allowed to rent nbk
    back to the movie:
    i kinda liked it. it´s not outstanding, but somehow entertaining, though the best scene is the deleted scene on the dvd featuring ashley judd (spoiler):getting killed with a pencil in the courtroom
    i´d put in it the same category as battle royale. f'ed up and entertaining
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Never really hated or loved this movie. I dissliked parts of it, others I like. Lewis is VERY bad in her role and she really drags the whole things down.
    I dont care about the "higher" meaning of the movie. But I do remember feeling it was enjoyable to watch. Howerver some parts is really bad, so bad that I just wanted to shut it off.
    I guess its time to borrow it from my buddy and see again. Been some 4-5 years sinvce i saw it now. Perhaps ive grown to hate or love it.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits

Re: Natural Born Killers... ugh

I even recently saw the directors cut which is 4 mins longer and has more gore, blood and violence.
    the director's cut is "only" 1.30min longer. the where 150 cuts to get an r rating. the cuts are only frames or 1 to 4 seconds but it gives the movie a much harder felling

well for i must say i like this film and most people don't get him anyway

Credits

Re: Re: Natural Born Killers... ugh

Originally posted by bender
    the director's cut is "only" 1.30min longer. the where 150 cuts to get an r rating. the cuts are only frames or 1 to 4 seconds but it gives the movie a much harder felling

well for i must say i like this film and most people don't get him anyway
    not according to imdb

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0110632

Runtime: 118 min / USA:122 min (director's cut)

maybe u are talking about the PAL run time

still a bad movie or MISDIRECTED

Credits

Re: Re: Re: Natural Born Killers... ugh

still a bad movie or MISDIRECTED
    Bare in mind that it is penned by Quantein Tarantino. Had he directed this flick it'd probably have more appeal or work better. Or even worse.

For me there's not really an 'unwatchable' moment in it, though like Gaumont I don't really like Juliette Lewis. 'Bad bad bad bad bad bad...'

Honestly it's about two white trashes on a killing spree and nothing else. The subject matter of killing or hurting people for fun is rather unpleasant. Like 'Salo', 'Romper Stomper' or 'A Clockwork Orange'. I wouldn't go so far to say it's completely pointless - it's like a nightmare roller coaster ride so jump on if you dare.

It's more like an 'art' film than anything...

Style over substances... Probably similar to the case of why moviebuff hates 2001... Or why Mark Strube hates John Woo films...

I don't mind the movie, watched it once on DVD one or two years ago. I haven't re-visited it though. Still have to listen to the commentary though, not the mention watching the 'R-rated' version.
    Last edited by editman; 05-27-2003 at 01:42 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    yup and even Quentin Tarantino says its a bad movie...

http://us.imdb.com/Bio?Tarantino,%20Quentin

Has an ongoing feud with Oliver Stone for the way that he misdirected Natural Born Killers (1994)