Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exorcist: The Beginning set pix/infos

Exorcist: The Beginning

Release Date: July 18, 2003
    Studio: Warner Bros.
    Director: Paul Schrader
    Screenwriter: William Wisher
    Starring: Stellan Skarsgård, Gabriel Mann, Clara Bellar, Billy Crawford, Alessandra Martines
    Genre: Drama, Horror
    Official Website: ExorcistTheBeginning.com
    Plot Summary: The film traces the story of Father Lankester Merrin (Skarsgård) back to his first encounter with the Devil in post-WWII Africa.
    i really hope they make this better than the sequels..... PLS

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/387/387617p1.html

ohhhh 'SS' license plate

But first, 13 random useless and sometimes creepy facts about Exorcist: The Beginning ...

1--Part of the film is being shot on Stage 13 of Cinecitta Studios in Rome.
    2--The film is shooting literally right next door to The Passion ... Mel Gibson's Jesus epic. God and the Devil fight it out for a good craft services doughnut.
    3--Also on the same lot is Mike Nichols' production of Angels in America.
    4--There is a line in The Exorcist where Ellen Burstyn's Chris MacNeil is trying to reach Regan's father, she talks of the Excelsior Hotel in Rome. Several of the cast and crew are staying at the Excelsior.
    5--Associate Producer Wayne Morris was put in Room 666 while working on part of the film.
    6--One of the journalists on our set visit took a taxi ride that came out to 6.66 euros.
    7--During a shoot in Morocco, the typically sunny locale was deluged with monsoon rains.
    8--John Frankenheimer, the much-lauded original director of the film, died July 8, 2002 one month after stepping out of production of the film.
    9--There are 13 letters in Frankenheimer. Ooooo.
    10--On the film's release date (July 18, 2003), it will be the 133rd anniversary of The Vatican issuing the "Pastor Aeternus." This monumental document declared the Pope's primacy and infallibility in deciding faith and moral matters.
    11--Jason Miller, the original Father Merrin, died on May 13.
    12--Stellan Skarsgard, the young Father Merrin, was born on June 13.
    13--Exorcist: The Beginning will open almost exactly 13 years after The Exorcist III.

some more infos about the movie..

Even so, since one of the strengths of The Exorcist did rely not so much on character but shock "effect," where does Exorcist: The Beginning come down on the use of some of the traditional horror gore and grime elements? Schrader, who also directed the classic Cat People, tossed a surprising nod to a current successful filmmaker who had excelled in the genre. "It's not a creature feature. Thank God for M. Night Shyamalan who has come along and said the way you scare people is the way you've always scared people: building character identification and keeping them [the audience] on the edge of their seats.

"There were four possession films that came out at the time of the millennium. All were CGI-driven and all were made by people from the digital field and all, I think, were disappointments financially. They were Lost Souls, Fallen Angel, End of Days and Stigmata. I looked at those four films and I said, 'What's not working here?' Then I looked at Signs and The Sixth Sense and thought, 'What's working here?' If you look at the third act of Signs, you're looking at the last act of The Birds ... it's a replica.

"So Shyamalan is going back to the Hitchcock formula. There will be horror elements but I think that because of Shyamalan that the way you make money in this field is you build character identification. How many big shocks does Signs have? I don't know, 6? If you can whack the audience hard three times and whack them soft three times, I think you're home. There is an air of desperation and an air of panic that comes in when a director feels compelled to go into the tool-shed and throw out every tool he has at the audience before five minutes are up. The audience doesn't say, 'Oh wow.' I think the opposite happens. The audience feels a sense on unease, panic, and is uncomfortable. [The audience is thinking...] 'They're coming at us with all guns blazing so maybe they don't trust their own story.'"
    Last edited by trailergod; 03-01-2003 at 11:20 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    There is a Dutch guy who plays in this movie..our second Rutger Hauer
    Anthony Kamerling
    Last edited by the_bronz; 03-01-2003 at 07:27 PM.

Credits
    I seriously hope this tops the previous 2 installments of the series. I'll be there July 18th.
    Whatcha Gonna Do!?

Credits
    Exorcist: The Beginning POSTER

http://www.latinoreview.com/
    Trailer Description
    Starts with the voice over of Father Damien asking Regan all the questions he asked from the first film, "who am I talking to, how old are you," in which Regan replies "12" and then all of a sudden you see Regan's ugly possessed face on the screen, and it then turns black and you see images of the first film going backwards, you see Father Damien who jumped out the window and fell on the stairs fly backwards up to the window and into Regan's room, and you see Father Merrin go backwards into the taxi in front of Regan's house and [which is shown on the Exorcist poster] quickly the screen turns black. Then the words "GO BACK, GO BACK, GO BACK, GO BACK .....TO THE BEGINNING" appear on the screen. You then see the young boy who is now possessed by the devil, and all sorts of action starts popping up, like the young priest played by Gabriel Mann in a tomb flying in the air dropping his rosary, and it ends with the theme song from the first Exorcist. The trailer is pretty cool and scary especially when the boy rises from his bed with the white pale face. I don't know when the trailer will debut since the film has now been pushed back till Feb 6, 2004.
    Last edited by trailergod; 05-27-2003 at 01:39 AM.

Credits
    i'll definitely be watching this movie, but it's still disappointing that Liam Neeson had to leave the title role. btw, i heard that exorcist III is not too bad.

Credits
    i guess i'll be seeing this too, but i fear it will suck.
    i think warner bros are really overestimating this film by releasing it in july, i think theaters are much too crowded with blockbusters then. they are relying too much on the success of the exorcist re-release in 2000, but afaik it made about 40 million, so i don´t think this will earn more if not less.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers