Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Iron Man Adaptation Coming in 2005!

from superherohype.com
    Variety reports that New Line Cinema, which has worked with Marvel on the successful Blade franchise, hopes to turn Iron Man into a tentpole for its 2005 slate. The studio acquired the property in 2000, but has started from scratch with scribes Alfred Gough and Miles Millar, creators of the WB's top-rated Smallville and writers of current hit film "Shanghai Knights" and its predecessor, "Shanghai Noon."

"Iron Man," which first appeared as a Marvel comic in 1962, is the story of Tony Stark, inventor and owner of Stark Enterprises. His work in corporate espionage and international terrorism leads to an accident that forces him to go on life support in the form of a high-tech bodysuit. This also gives him an alternate identity, Iron Man, a being capable of a heroism Tony Stark could not achieve.

The trade adds that Marvel also is preparing adaptations of Fantastic Four at Fox, Man-Thing and The Punisher at Artisan Entertainment and Ghost Rider at Dimension Films. (edit: 4 movies in the works ??? oh man !!)

"We want to continue to have tentpole global hits," New Line production president Toby Emmerich said. "That's not our main business, but our distribution partners have proved that we can take a franchise movie across the goal line. I think this can be one of those global franchises."

Arad added: "New Line Cinema has already proven its masterful interpretation of fantasy material by turning 'Blade' into a multipicture Marvel franchise and, of course, with 'Lord of the Rings.' We are confident that they will do another amazing job with one of our most popular characters, Iron Man."

i think iron man would be a good movie. currently Leonardo DiCaprio is being eyed for the part....that makes me nervous. i mean he is a good actor (somewhat)...but i don't want this to turn into some pop film for all the 16 year old girls to oogle over...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    DiCaprio wasn't interested in doing spider-man, so i kind of doubt he would want to do a second-rate comic hero like Ironman.

But who knows!

Credits
    If I were to have a dream cast for this movie,

I would have Tim Dalton as he was in the Rocketeer as Tony Stark/Iron Man,
    Cary Hiroyuki Tagawa as the Mandarin,
    Delroy Lindo as War Machine,
    and Eliza Dushku as the Black Widow.

Credits
    i'd have Norton play all the good guys, pitt play all the bad guys and meat loaf to play kingpin (!!!)

fincher directed of course

Credits
    I think that dude who played Clark Devlin in The Tuxedo would make a good Tony Stark.

I'm not very familiar with the comic, so I can't really give suggestions about anybody else.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits

No Cruise!!! Or Cap!!! ELWES!!!!

Anyone who does not see that Cary Elwes IS Tony Stark is blind!!!

Watch the princess bride. Then tell me you want to cast anyone else in this role. Someone has got to approach him for this part!!! PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!!! I have been waiting for IRON MAN for ever, and cannot stomach either of the two current casting choices. I hate those actors! Elwes is absolutely, without question THE perfect Tony Stark!

The only second choice I could think of would be Banderas, but his ethnicity might be a problem.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Blo
    The only second choice I could think of would be Banderas, but his ethnicity might be a problem.
    Not for hollywood. It hasn't stopped them yet...

Credits
    who ever the bad guy is and who ever iron man is i just hope they dont mess it up like they did hulk because i thought hulk was going to do pretty good but damn was it choppy

Credits
    the last I heard of Iron Man was that Oded Fehr was in talks to play Tony Stark