Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Scifiwire Movie News (5/29/2003) - Underworld, Final Cut, and LOTR: The Musical

In this Issue

Beckinsale talks Underworld
    Caviezel cast in Final Cut
    LOTR: The Musical
    Tidbits and Rumors
    -------------------------------------
    Beckinsale talks Underworld

Kate Beckinsale, who plays a vampire in the upcoming supernatural film Underworld, told SCI FI Wire that the movie is an action thriller for which she had to train hard. "Kind of a serious, scary, supernatural thing," she said in an interview. Beckinsale stars with Scott Speedman in a story about the ancient war between bloodsuckers and werewolves.

"I had three months of training," Beckinsale said. "I did gymnastics and wire work and yoga and guns and combat and fighting. It was really scary, because ... [I] was never really into running around that much. But I loved it, and I found out I was actually [good]. I found the gymnastics part of it quite difficult. I get dizzy quite easily. But I was really uncannily good with a gun, which I would never have known otherwise."

But the British actress added that one of the hardest parts of making the movie was shooting it in Hungary. "Four months in Budapest, ... with a short, gloomy, dark break in London for Christmas," she said. "So I did find by the end of it, I started to feel a bit oppressed just from the gray and the cold." Underworld opens Sept. 19.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Caviezel cast in Final Cut

Jim Caviezel (The Passion) will star opposite Robin Williams in the SF thriller film Final Cut for Lions Gate Films, Variety reported. The movie goes into production June 29.

Written and to be directed by Omar Naim, Final Cut is set in a world where implanted microchips can record all moments of an individual's life. Caviezel portrays the leader of the organization that opposes the technology's development, the trade paper reported.

Nick Wechsler produces the project, with Guymon Casady executive producing.
    ----------------------------------------------
    LOTR: The Musical

Producers are gearing up a musical version of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings for premiere in London in the spring of 2005.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Tidbits and Rumors

Marco Beltrami (Hellboy, Blade II) has written the score for Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, which opens July 2. Varese Sarabande will release the film's score on June 24.
    -----------
    The Ain't It Cool News Web site reported a rumor that Sony is mulling three different titles for its upcoming Spider-Man sequel: Spider-Man 2 Lives, Spider-Man: No More and Spider-Man: Unmasked.
    ------------
    The British Daily Record tabloid reported a rumor that former Buffy the Vampire Slayer star Sarah Michelle Gellar is vying for the lead role in the proposed Wonder Woman movie, according to a report on MSN.
    -------------
    Soundtrack.net reported that composer Christopher Young will write the score to Paul Schrader's prequel film Exorcist: The Beginning, replacing Michael Kamen. The film opens later this year.
    -------------
    Ridley Scott's classic SF film Alien will be re-released in about 2,000 theaters on Oct. 3 with 12 minutes of previously cut footage restored, the FilmJerk and ComingSoon.net Web sites reported.
    ----------
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits

Re: Scifiwire Movie News (5/29/2003) - Underworld, Final Cut, and LOTR: The Musical

Originally posted by Granite
    But the British actress added that one of the hardest parts of making the movie was shooting it in Hungary. "Four months in Budapest, ... with a short, gloomy, dark break in London for Christmas," she said. "So I did find by the end of it, I started to feel a bit oppressed just from the gray and the cold." Underworld opens Sept. 19.
    budapest is a cool city, been there once and loved it. but four months in late autumn to early winter could be depressing i guess.