Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Movie Promotions @ The cinema.

Every country is different in which they promote certain movies. Lets give out how in all kinds of countries how cinemas are promoting movies in any way no matter how strange!
    In Australia...

For Greater Union:
    Matrix: Reloaded
    Aside, from matrix1 being re-release for a short time, a 3D Matrix cup is on sale.

Of course filled with a drink and a popcorn included. Also, including is a 5% discount off Enter The Matrix. NOt bad if ur seriously into games.

Phone Booth
    For only AUD$8, Phone Booth is an exclusive advance screening at 7pm on Monday, May 19, 2003! Officially, the movie comes out on 22th May in Australia.

Lord Of The Rings
    Bah! Said this before but since it fits the topic, between May 8 – 14 2003, you can see LotR-FotR & TTT in one screening for only AUD$15. Wonder if a preview for RotK will be shown.

For Hoyts:
    Matrix: Reloaded
    Booking tickets online means you win the posters also a chance to win tickets to Bulletproof Monk.

What has ur local cinema got planned for movies now or upcoming ones? Anything unique to the cinema?
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 05-08-2003 at 08:55 AM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    I think besides Last Flight of the Osiris showing in front of final Destination 2 here will only be few showings of original Matrix
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!
    [My Top 20 Movies @ YMDB] [My Bottom 20 Movies @ YMDB]

Credits
    I Hope that the local cinema in frankfurt will do some matrix promotion...i will definitly buy it.....

Credits
    Uf what a big promotion...

"Big" Matrix: Reloaded & Hainiken giveaway in our local cinema chain:

3x Universal Matrix GSM charger
    6x Matrix key chain with blinking light
    10x Hainiken 6-packs
    12x Matrix t-shirt
    1x Matrix: Reloaded OST

I guess "western countries" will take all the good stuff.

(& I guess ZUBi will take at least one key chain)

Credits
    Originally posted by Matrix
    I Hope that the local cinema in frankfurt will do some matrix promotion...i will definitly buy it.....
    just use DB.... =)

http://www.bahn.de/konzern/holding/p...reloaded.shtml

they have parties and give aways in the Bahn :big grin:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy
    just use DB.... =)

http://www.bahn.de/konzern/holding/p...reloaded.shtml

they have parties and give aways in the Bahn :big grin:
    i know i know...

Credits

Re: Movie Promotions @ The cinema.

You've forgotten to mention the Village, Kn'thrak.

When I saw The AniMatrix they're giving free Animatrix poster away with my ticket, plus some kind of a discount card, with The Reloaded posters printed in front (that means there's at least 7 of them to collect!) and teaser poster at the back. You have to 'activitate' the card when you buy something in the candy bar, and you'll know what prize you'll win (or if you win).

I'm sure that's more posters giveaway cos they're rolling some last Friday. I asked if they're up for grab but they said it's for next week...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    I don't know about what sorta promotions are going on here... nothing major though I don't think.
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    Just got a Matrix Reloaded T shirt....from the cinema...they give it away or i dont know but there was a table with matrix t shirts and i just grab one....
    Was watching x 2 in original....Funny Nightcrawler *Guten tag*

Credits
    Gonna go see it tonigh
    I haven't heard of anything special my theater is doing....
    But there's Matrix, there's DDR and whenever there's a big movie the Pepsi people are there with free shots of Pepsi and Coke for their taste contest

That's about it Nothing special I think....we shall see though...

Credits
    Again I don't know if any other cinema are doing this but my local Greater Union are giving away Animatrix posters. Saw like atleast 1000 posters in whole pile .. all fresh out of the box. Picked up 4 of them but perhaps I should go back and take like 100. ANyway... here they are laid out on my bed

Credits
    He He...they are giving them everywere..
    Went to my local dvd rent and there were hundreds of them on the table..if you like you can pick up one or two or 20 :-)
    I Picked one...

Credits
    Nice, Kn'thrak - your theater rocks!

As for mine, well they had a few TVs installed in the ceiling hanging down. We went to see Reloaded and they were playing The Matrix. lol as if, if you missed the first, you could watch it right by the snack bar while waiting for Reloaded. It was too loud in the lobby to hear much of it anyway.

I must miss everytime they do something big but I'll ask my friend Mike. He works there - lol - when we saw Reloaded, he came, as did half of the staff. So I met a few of them. Great guys (and girl!)

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Again I don't know if any other cinema are doing this but my local Greater Union are giving away Animatrix posters. Saw like atleast 1000 posters in whole pile .. all fresh out of the box. Picked up 4 of them but perhaps I should go back and take like 100. ANyway... here they are laid out on my bed
    Village gave these out when I went to see The Animatrix.... one per customer though so I have one

No, I reckon you should go back & take da whole box, sell it on eBay for 2 bucks each. :big grin:

Credits
    Actually, come to think, there was a quasi-special promotion going on. I arranged a private screening for a bunch of the classes at my school the morning it came out. Thatr was nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast