Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

TALK 28 Days Later

I finally just got the 6 minute clip from the beginning of the film.. i cant wait till we get it in oz! I know those lucky ppl from britain almost have it on DVD.. grr!!

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    end of the world...

apocalypse...

zombies...

clearly, it's going to kick some f'ing @$$, hell yeah!!!

:big grin:

Credits
    from what i've seen..it doesn't look to promising.

Omegaman, Mad Max and Night of the Dead all rolled into a low budget movie....

maybe my views will change once i see it, but right now, i am not expecting too much. maybe a little if anything....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Originally posted by red bear
    from what i've seen..it doesn't look to promising.

Omegaman, Mad Max and Night of the Dead all rolled into a low budget movie....

maybe my views will change once i see it, but right now, i am not expecting too much. maybe a little if anything....
    Omegaman... i love the premise of that movie. can't wait until the remake, I AM LEGEND, is finally made and released. although, i would prefer the last man on earth not be will smith. and that michael bay did not direct it. remember when schwarzenegger and ridley scott were attached to it?? so sad they are replaced by smith and bay....

Credits
    i just came back from seeing it.
    the first half of the movie playing in london is really great, i'd give this part a 9/10, but the second half is a big let-down. the story with the soldiers is really mediocre, this part would only score 5-6/10, so i'd give the whole movie a 7/10
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Originally posted by streetpreacher
    i just came back from seeing it.
    the first half of the movie playing in london is really great, i'd give this part a 9/10, but the second half is a big let-down. the story with the soldiers is really mediocre, this part would only score 5-6/10, so i'd give the whole movie a 7/10
    i would say the same thing... the 2nd half simply got bad.....
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    i just watched the radical alternative ending in storyboards on the dvd. danny boyle says they came up with this during post-production, as they were thinking, how the movie would move on without the soldiers.
    it starts with the scene where frank gets infected. selena screams at jim to kill frank, but he ties him up, as he refers to the radio broadcast, that a cure will be coming. then hannah drives the four beyond the blockade, where they discover an animal testing facility. then jim gives hannah two valiums, so she can sleep. selena and jim can't sleep and soon they hear whisteling coming out of a metal door down the floor. jim sees through the small glas-slit in the door and sees a candle-lit room, with water, food, books and someone sitting on the floor, reading a book. the person approaches the door and talks to the two. he doesn't want to know their names, as he doesn't want to know names of persons that gonna die inside a day. he says that he's got an answer to everything, but he doesn't want to say anything about the cure. a few hours later, hannah watches frank, selena kills an infected with a rfile from the roof and jim tries to guess the name of the man behind the metal-door and tells him about his life. while selena shots the infected body numerous times, jim walks through the facility and gets to the lab where the chimps from the beginning were held, all of them are dead. he gets to the table where the chimp from the very beginning was tied up in front of the monitors. the next scene is the three uninfected eating. selena teaches the other two how to use a gun properly. hannah starts crying, so jim takes her to the metal door. he tells the man behind the door, that there is a 14 year old girl who's father needs a cure. the man tells them that the virus is in the blood. they would need a full blood transfusion to get it out, so the person donating the clean blood would get infected. that's the point where they found their idea stupid, because this would lead the movie to nowhere.
    it would continue this way:
    infected attack the facility, but apparently they beat them. when everyone is asleep the mysterious man leaves equipment for blood transfusions on the floor. they test franks blood and jim finds out that he has the needed blood type. jim is willing to give his blood and during the transfusion infected are attacking again. the next scene would be selena, hannah, the myterious man and a cured frank entering the room with an infected jim strapped to the table where in the beginning the chimp was held. around him the defunct monitors work again and they show images of war and violence again. THE END

imo this ending would be a bit better than the one with the soldiers, because it fits the first half better than the one they used, but i have to agree with danny boyle and the producers that the cure would be really stupid and useless.

Credits
    A full blood transfusion?

The virus is carried in the blood and it only takes 1 drip to infect someone so you'd have to have some damn good drainage machinery. The whole mystery man behind a locked door is kind of a crap idea. Much better to keep the soldiers, they really fit into the film. Sure the second half wasn't quite as good but it was still great stuff and it added a new layer to the story.

The first half they are isolated, there seems like there's no hope at all for them. Then they meet a group of Soldiers who have set up a secure perimiter and for a while it seems like everything will be OK. Sadly the soldiers have gone crazy through all of the loneliness and isolation and now just want to restart the human race, even if it means raping a 14 year old girl to do that. The characters represented the fact that instead of hope, other humans posed an even greater threat than the infected did. That it didn't require a virus to cause humans to do evil things because we can be a right bunch of wankers anyway.

Credits
    yeah i agree wid carl...stickin to the normal end was a good idea.....even thou it wasnt as good as the starting....i wouldnt say this movie ROCKS!! but is a really good movie.......i got to see this movie for free..where they asked us for our views n stuff....was a damn good movie to be watchin for free