Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Final Fantasy Chat

i happened to pass by the reviews section on ML today....and i clicked on Final Fantasy which brought back great memories of the film....as you can tell i loved the movie....and i was a fan of the game aswell.....i thought dey did a great job and it did have a more realistic style of final fantasy (no turn based action lol....which woulda been totaly unrealistic for a serious movie) but i do remember that the film was a major flop and that many people did not like the movie.......just wanted u guys to drop in ur own opionions of the film....... for a lil more banter on movies

heres the link to the review i was talkin bout:
    http://movie-list.com/reviews/finalfantasy.shtml

Credits
    Great film.

The visual style alone was worth the price of admission. They were simply amazing and the ones who complained about the crappy visuals are also the same ones who expect CGI to look perfect. If only live action movies would use CGI like this in their effects then there wouldn't have been a problem.

Great voice acting, main stars were great but Steve Buscemi was absolutely amazing.

Characters were a decent bunch aswell concidering it was a sci fi effects movie, but for me the best part was in the little moments. The banter between the characters, the way the story dealt with the life force of the planet, the love story that wasn't the main part of the story and the cool villain all made the spirits within vintage final fantasy 7. Which makes sense since it was originalkly written before the 8th game was even started.

I find the problems people usually have with the film is the lack of magic, but what I always have to remind them is that back when they made 7 FF was not about the magic. It was about the characters, their relationships and their struggle to save the life of the planet. The magic was just thrown in as an after thought, and I personally was glad that they stuck to the important elements rather than putting out some crap like the Dungeons And Dragons movie just because it had Magic.

****/5

Credits
    yup i totaly agree.....i also believe that if people would have given this film more of a chance...there wuld be more longer eye candy for such things as the Final Flight of the Osiris......yeah i kno it was short n stuff....but i reckon if Final Fantasy was given da credit that it deserved...there would be much more of an advance...such as there would be a major leap in creativity...things that are humanly not possible...or look to fake wid special effects...........where those problems would not arise in a CGI movie......plus the acting of the CGI characters was just great! and they had the correct amount of laughter in the movie...and alot of people hated the love element in final fantasy whereas i loved it even more...as it stayed tru to the Final Fantasy games, as they all have an section to do wid love n romance.........and also the little things such as having a character called Sid in the movie as they always have a sid sumwhere in the final fantasy games......

btw...if u have ne bad comments of this film or thought it was absolutely crap....please do write in ur comments and what you thought was bad about the movie......every1 entitled to their own opinions

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Thumbs up

ZUBi got only to say: LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    hm, somehow i liked the movie, but only for the fantastic visuals. didn't like the story and characters very much, i'll stick to real actors .
    but i'm glad they didn't use the original ending, around the time when the movie came out i read this on imdb: "Reportedly, in the work print, right before Gray dies, Aki tells him that he must not die because she is pregnant with his child. The audience at preview screenings hated this plot point so much that it was out for the thatrical release." god, that ending would be really awful, guess there couldn't be more kitsch put into a movie like this

edit: oh, forgot my rating: 5/10, a short movie version of it would be enough for me
    Last edited by streetpreacher; 05-31-2003 at 10:23 AM.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    bad film !!! or what ever you call it.. CGI anime...
    it was boring and unexciting and really what was so great about it that it deserves such a score of 4/5. Just because it was a groundbreaking CGI movie? ToyStory 1 and 2, Shrek and Monster Inc delivered what Final Fantasy could not... entertainment. It was a hugely hype summer blockerbuster movie that turned out to be a "only for CGI anime fans"..:angel" as a result Square Pictures went and the thought of a serious CGI movie not for "kids" went out the window.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I love this movie and I really cant see why ppl didn't like it. Sure i know that anything animated is labeled "kids stuff" and therefore a direct "disslike" by many. But I myself love it. Good story, good characters, great FXs and I can only agree with Carl. Why dont they use FXs like this in more movies?
    Had this been actors instead of CGI ppl im sure it would have been an amazing success, and ppl would talk about the philosophy of Final Fantasy instead of the Matrix one.

The western world is not ready for an adult animated movie, too many ppl are stuck in the notion that animated = kids. Quite stupid really.
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Originally posted by streetpreacher

but i'm glad they didn't use the original ending, around the time when the movie came out i read this on imdb: "Reportedly, in the work print, right before Gray dies, Aki tells him that he must not die because she is pregnant with his child. The audience at preview screenings hated this plot point so much that it was out for the thatrical release." god, that ending would be really awful, guess there couldn't be more kitsch put into a movie like this
    Well I'm glad that they didn't use that ending because it was too obvious, but they did use the pregnancy. Remember when she had the dream about being attacked by the ghost inside her, it attacked her womb. It was also the significance of her seeing the eagle at the end. To signify that while she had seen the end of Greys life there was still a new life just begining. There child. Most people don't really pick up on it because the love scene you get to see them kissing but it ends the scene before you see anything. There are some more clues that I picked up n but it's been so long since I saw it that I've forgotten what they are.

@ chris. Are you saying that you didn't like it because animations should all be simple Disney films? Too complex for you?:angel"

Credits
    Originally posted by carl

@ chris. Are you saying that you didn't like it because animations should all be simple Disney films? Too complex for you?:angel"
    no, i simply did not like the movie, it did not impress me at all story wise but i did like the animation, it was not entertaining to me

i don't like Final Fantasy but I do like Changing Lanes and Phone Booth.. which i know are movies you don't like

Credits
    Originally posted by tisoy

i don't like Final Fantasy but I do like Changing Lanes and Phone Booth.. which i know are movies you don't like
    and... I've only seen Changing Lanes once, ages ago, and Phone Boothe was a simple movie directed by an idiot. What's your point? There's plenty of movies I don't like but I don't see their relevence to Final Fantasy and I haven't been making bad comparriosons to back up that argument. Final Fantasy compared to Toy Story.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    and... I've only seen Changing Lanes once, ages ago, and Phone Boothe was a simple movie directed by an idiot. What's your point? There's plenty of movies I don't like but I don't see their relevence to Final Fantasy and I haven't been making bad comparriosons to back up that argument. Final Fantasy compared to Toy Story.

my point is that nobody can convince me or make me like this movie (Final Fantasy) just bacause we debate about it, it is my opinion about the movie and you should respect it and stop making generalizations that i find all anime and action movies as "bad". Me liking or not liking a movie has nothing to do with its genre but how it entertains me or how I enjoy watching it.

Sometimes I like a movie because it has great story or great acting, even movies with bad actors and story but has awesome camera work impresses me. As for Final Fantasy, I do like the animation but the story and the action in it simply did not impress me.

Credits
    my point is that nobody can convince me or make me like this movie (Final Fantasy) just bacause we debate about it, it is my opinion about the movie and you should respect it and stop making generalizations that i find all anime and action movies as "bad". Me liking or not liking a movie has nothing to do with its genre but how it entertains me or how I enjoy watching it.

Sometimes I like a movie because it has great story or great acting, even movies with bad actors and story but has awesome camera work impresses me. As for Final Fantasy, I do like the animation but the story and the action in it simply did not impress me.
    Wha???

When did I say that we should change your mind. I just don't feel you usually defend your dislike for a film, which is the same thing as you get upset at other people for. Your specific complaint in this thread was that you didn't like Final Fantasy because it wasn't as much fun as Shrek, Toy story ect...

Yet you failed to mention that it wasn't supposed to be a light hearted Disney comedy. Other than being CGI animations they have NOTHING in common so you can't expect people to get from that, that you understand the movie.

The sweeping generalisation regarding action movies is obviously from yesterdays MSN conversation where you asked me why I liked Blade 2. I told you and you said that it wasn't Interview With The Vampire. You couldn't understand why I wouldn't be comparing 2 films that happened to feature vampires, and the reason I said you disliked over the top action movies is because that's always your complaint. A Film like Blade 2 or Bond is released that is supposed to be full of exciting over the top action, and you complain that it was over the top. How am I supposed to get from that, that you loved Charlies Angels the biggest, dumbest, worst acted most over the top action movie in years?
    Last edited by carl; 05-31-2003 at 01:48 PM.

Credits
    yes... Charlies Angels the biggest, dumbest, worst acted most over the top action movie in years .. and it delivered as promised

i do not like Final Fantasy, it is hard to explain, it is simply my opinion about thé movie, as to comparing it to Shrek of Toy Story, i mentioned them coz these movies are entertaining and they entertained me, while Final Fantasy did not...

Credits
    yes... Charlies Angels the biggest, dumbest, worst acted most over the top action movie in years .. and it delivered as promised

i do not like Final Fantasy, it is hard to explain, it is simply my opinion about thé movie, as to comparing it to Shrek of Toy Story, i mentioned them coz these movies are entertaining and they entertained me, while Final Fantasy did not...
    OK then. Armageddon was a better film than 2001 because it was entertaining.

Same thing but it's not a comment I would ever make.

Credits
    ehh i dont understand

they way i see it
    u are trying to convince me to like the movie and becuase i cant defend properly as to why i dont like it this movie makes my opinion invalid and not worthy of debate
    Last edited by trailergod; 05-31-2003 at 03:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast