Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Blown Amp!!

Credits

Unhappy Blown Amp!!

ARGH! Come home from the movies (Basic. Good movie) and smell something funny.... the amplifier for my threatre system blew up!
    Thats the second time i blew up. First time it happened was a year ago but we got it fixed... and happened again. My precious Onkyo amp. Had some good times with it. Its the second amp threatre amp we had in the house and looks like its going to go. Got it the same time Star Wars 1 came out which was the same brand that Lucas used to make Star Wars 1 with. Got the litle LucasArts logo on it

I will miss it.

Now its time for a new one. Any suggestions on a brand or model?
    Dad has had a quick look around and suggested a Pioneer this time. Good company and we've picked out this model.
    VSX-AX10iG
    Its a new model by Pioneer but any suggestions r welcome and would be considered into buying a new amp. Anyone?
    If you have some thoughts, tell me if its avaliable in Australia to buy!

Thank you in advanced
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    The question is: why would it blow up when you're out at the movies (and supposedly not using it)???...

Yeah, go for Pioneer me reckon just for sake of durability. I'm still using the AC-3 amp bought almost 10 years ago and still working fine... touchwood...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    go pioneer.. sony is usually overpriced.

[My Top 20 Movies@Ymdb] - ([)(]) Dolby Digital the choice of ML's - [~My Place ~]

{Drag The Sunrise Down: You know the light can hypnotise, so shut it out and close your eyes - Rooster}

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    The question is: why would it blow up when you're out at the movies (and supposedly not using it)???...
    Dad was using it just to listen to music.... BOOM!

Never go for Sony. They r the leaders of crap now. Their parts they use r cheap and products are expensive but even more expensive to repair. They used to be good like 10 years ago but no any more.
    Well.. off to the dealers now to do some homework on a range of products.

Credits
    Its been a while but decided to get a Marantz SR7300: OSE

Looks like that.. and colour is GOld as well.
    Won't bore ppl with the specs so go to the official website link and read it urself if ur interested

Read more here

Credits
    3 years ago... i would say Sony.

but Pioneer is good. i believe RCA is really good.

(sorry to hear about what happened!)
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Well... just when you thought manufacturers suck they do something nice.

LIke I said in my first post, my precious Onkyo amp blew up and I got a new amp. The blown amp has a valve of $5000 (still even its 5 years old), so decided not to throw it out but repair it. The cost was too great to get it repaired (something like $500), and left it.
    After sometime, Onkyo's official repair ppl came back to us and told us they will give us a brand new receiver for the trouble they caused (they kept on saying it our fault and we have faulty speakers but we proved them wrong). So now.. they gave me the Onkyo TX-NR900. Shocked and confused to as why, thought it was a nice gesture.. or they are playing some sick twisted game.

Anyway, with the link above, this receiver is packed with features. In the end, Onkyo gave me a free AUD$4800 receiver.

Don't know if this is Onkyo's new strategy or somone in management felt sorry, Onkyo's credit has upped in my book. The things I did to deserve this?
    • Went to an official Onkyo repair company.
    • Waited patiently for the repair.
    • When asked for my speakers (very large ones with stands), I gave them in so they could check them out.
    • Again waited patiently
    • Decided not to pay the high repair bill and keep the broken amp.

You decide if these actions summed up to something. But I recommend and will do from now on... if something breaks, go to the manufacturers and be helpful and supportive. Being hardass to them doesn't help.
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 09-15-2003 at 02:57 AM.

Credits

Credits
    cool, sometimes the little guy wins =)
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan