Originally posted by chernabog_ca
There is something that has always bothered me about the Terminator time-line. When John sends Reece back to 1984 and Reece sleeps with Sara thus conceiving John making Reece John's father. Here's the thing. Who was John's original father? John and Reece are about the same age in the future, hence Reece would have been born around the same time or after John was born. In order for John to send Reece back in time, both would had the have been born, making it impossible in my mind for Reece to be John's father.

Confused?
Ouroboros.

This is exactly what I addressed in my post. There's is no original timeline. John Connor was destined to be born, he was destined to lead the humans, destined to send Reese back in time, and destined to be born. It's an infinite loop, no original timeline so whether you go back or forwards it will always remain the same and you'll never stop.

Imagine a Snake with it's head rammed up it's backside. You go up the head, through the body, reach the butt and back into the mouch. Or start at the butt, move through the body, reach the head and you find yourself back up it's backside. There's no way out of it, and no way in. You're just stuck in an infinite loop. Does that help you to understand?
Originally posted by tisoy
but he (Reece) died in the past(1984), so he was never in the future to be sent to the past in the 1st place...right?
No he was born in the past, lived till the future, came to past, dies in past but is then born in past ect... Another infinite loop, same with Bruce Willis in 12 Monkeys.