Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Why the Terminator Movies can never have a good ending!!!

i'll wont go into the physics of time travel and if it's possible or not but we know for certain that altering the future is very dangerous. so why can the terminator movies never have a good ending? quite simpel. john conner is the leader of the human resistence and he was the first who stud up against the machines and in the future he beat them, well with the help of his army . he get's to know that skynet send a terminator back to 1984 to kill his mom and to prevend this he send kyle reese to find sarah and do anything to save her from the terminator. but he sleeped with sarah and out of this one-nigh-stand comes john. now sarah and john killing in t2 the t-1000 and the t-800 (arnold) get's melted too. so no machines can rise bla bla bla. in t3 we will probatly see why there is a part 3 and how john prevent the war finally from happing. but while doing this he kills himself. he does that because when the machines will not rise and skynet becomes not the ruler over mankind and john can't send kyle reese back to 1984. so he'll never exsist. confused? now you ask what da hell this is all about
    did you saw the movie the time machine with guy pearce? yes? good. the big question in the time machine was "what if?" and the answer to that is also quite simple. if alexander hartdegen's (guy pearce) wife wouldn't die he never build the time machine and that's why he can never save her. you see the problem with the terminator movies? i hope you do but if not, well than i can't do anything to make you believe that it will not work or maybe you should take a look on back to the future and you might see it there
    Last edited by bender; 06-16-2003 at 11:16 AM.

Credits
    u do know that scifi movies aren't supposed to fully make senses? If they were, it would be reality!

What really... whats this "analysis" got to do with a movie not having a good ending?
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Kn'thrak ....huh? u telling me scifi movies dont have sense and dont need to have sense? ... thats wrong IMO...

Reality... is when its based on facts and Sci Fi is fiction but certainly should have sense coz there is no point at all in a pointless and senseless story..

Yes, i do agree that the Terminator stories are made complicated with all these time travel thing, I had a long talk last time with ML biggest Terminator FAN(ROBODAN).. and he has some very good points... There is a good explanation to why T3 exists, it is the present and the goal is still the same.

John knew that the person he will send will be is father, and one of the most strongest themes always hown in these movies is that... we are not ruled by "FATE" and that our choices make a big difference in the outcome of your lives and our future.... (wow, this sounds like the Matrix movies)

t800 gone bad bad....
    Last edited by trailergod; 06-16-2003 at 02:49 AM.
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    T3 is possible cose Arnies arm from T2 survived the battle towards the end.

I mean.. just a whole lot of fictional story writting that some ppl thought up. Y can't they send an army of Ts back in time... or just send a nuke through..... simple. U have to leave stories with holes because you won't be able to explain it all.

Credits
    I'm going to have to take the complete oposite approach to Robodan. I see the Terminator films as being about fate, not choice. They show the humans trying to fight against fate, but being ultimately unsuccessfull.

John Connor is the leader of the human resistense, and the machines would have won if he wasn't around. He was around because they sent a machine back in time, and he had to send his own father back to protect his mother. Had choice come into it, then there would have been an original timeline where John was never born, in which the machines won the war, and so they never sent a machine back. In which case there would never be a second timeline, but he was born. He was born because he was destined to lead the resistense. The machines were destined to send a Terminator back to kill him, he was destined to send his father back and so he was destined to be born. No matter how many times you go back, or forwards through this story it will never change. You'll be trapped in an endless loop in time.

There was originally supposed to be 4 films, if 3 is successfull there still might be, but either way the game also has the story from the fourth film. It takes place in the final stages of the war with the machines. John leads his team in a final assault on Skynet, fights his way to the central CPU and destroys it. Then he sends Reece back through the machine, and as his men go to destroy it says "There's still one thing left" Before opening a door to a room filled with inactive T800's.

Maybe then the squad will be attacked which is why the machine isn't destroyed before the TX can travel back, but either way it'll be a quality ending.

Credits
    There is something that has always bothered me about the Terminator time-line. When John sends Reece back to 1984 and Reece sleeps with Sara thus conceiving John making Reece John's father. Here's the thing. Who was John's original father? John and Reece are about the same age in the future, hence Reece would have been born around the same time or after John was born. In order for John to send Reece back in time, both would had the have been born, making it impossible in my mind for Reece to be John's father.

Confused?
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    but he (Reece) died in the past(1984), so he was never in the future to be sent to the past in the 1st place...right?

Credits
    Originally posted by chernabog_ca
    There is something that has always bothered me about the Terminator time-line. When John sends Reece back to 1984 and Reece sleeps with Sara thus conceiving John making Reece John's father. Here's the thing. Who was John's original father? John and Reece are about the same age in the future, hence Reece would have been born around the same time or after John was born. In order for John to send Reece back in time, both would had the have been born, making it impossible in my mind for Reece to be John's father.

Confused?
    Ouroboros.

This is exactly what I addressed in my post. There's is no original timeline. John Connor was destined to be born, he was destined to lead the humans, destined to send Reese back in time, and destined to be born. It's an infinite loop, no original timeline so whether you go back or forwards it will always remain the same and you'll never stop.

Imagine a Snake with it's head rammed up it's backside. You go up the head, through the body, reach the butt and back into the mouch. Or start at the butt, move through the body, reach the head and you find yourself back up it's backside. There's no way out of it, and no way in. You're just stuck in an infinite loop. Does that help you to understand?
    Originally posted by tisoy
    but he (Reece) died in the past(1984), so he was never in the future to be sent to the past in the 1st place...right?
    No he was born in the past, lived till the future, came to past, dies in past but is then born in past ect... Another infinite loop, same with Bruce Willis in 12 Monkeys.

Credits
    John Conner sent Reese and the terminators back to protect himself in the past.... the bad terminators went back to kill him.

so okay... how did john conner survive in the first place? how did he get to the future for the first time. there is a future. he's living his life and then out of the blue... some buffed guy killed ya.

and.. how did he know that the bad terminators were gonna go back in time to try to kill his mother and him? he sent the protectors at the exact same time.....
    the bad terminators could have be sent to the past at ANY time. if i wanted to destroy john conner... i would have kept on sending termintors in the past one after another. i wouldn't wait. and i would keep it a secret.....

lots of movies don't make sense sometimes....
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    John Conner sent Reese and the terminators back to protect himself in the past.... the bad terminators went back to kill him.

so okay... how did john conner survive in the first place? how did he get to the future for the first time. there is a future. he's living his life and then out of the blue... some buffed guy killed ya.
    I've adressed this 2 times in this very thread. Ouroboros.

and.. how did he know that the bad terminators were gonna go back in time to try to kill his mother and him? he sent the protectors at the exact same time.....
    the bad terminators could have be sent to the past at ANY time. if i wanted to destroy john conner... i would have kept on sending termintors in the past one after another. i wouldn't wait. and i would keep it a secret.....

lots of movies don't make sense sometimes....
    He knew that they were sending them back because his mother told him about the first one, and he lived through the next 2. It's not exactly something you would forget.
    As for the sending more machines, they couldn't. They send back, this number changes with every fiilm but if it is the 4 films thing then, they sent back 3 Terminators. One to Kill Sarah. One to target John in case the first one failed, and one to start the war, at a point where Sky Net had started production on Ecto Skeletons. After that the humans got to the machine room. He sent back Reese, because he needed to in order to be born, but then sent back reprogramed T800's to protect him. Then they destroyed the time machine to stop further time traveling machines.
    Last edited by carl; 06-16-2003 at 01:54 PM.

Credits
    BLAAA!

i knew all that

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    BLAAA!

i knew all that
    So why ask? I go only go on what you say.

Credits
    Originally posted by carl
    So why ask? I go only go on what you say.
    i wuz just kidding.... i did wonder about that. so thanx for answering my question. i just felt stupid after reading ur answers so i just played claimed i already knew that.

Credits
    There was a line in a Star Trek: Next Generation episode that may be pertinent, although I can't remember if Riker or LaForge said it.

"Time travel gives me nosebleeds."

Since time travel isn't really possible right now, we don't know how the timeline would be effected. Is it possible to go back in time and kill your grandfather before he has kids? If you do that, will you dissappear like Marty McFly did in Back to the Future, or would you change the future like in Quantum Leap, or would you create a second parallel timeline like in Star Trek, or would you simply not be able to change the past because it already happened like The Time Machine? We won't know for sure until someboddy travels back in time and tries to kill his or her grandfather (not that I am condoning murder or anything).

In the meantime, since we have no idea what would happen, then we can't know for sure what won't happen.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Originally posted by corfy
    There was a line in a Star Trek: Next Generation episode that may be pertinent, although I can't remember if Riker or LaForge said it.

"Time travel gives me nosebleeds."

Since time travel isn't really possible right now, we don't know how the timeline would be effected. Is it possible to go back in time and kill your grandfather before he has kids? If you do that, will you dissappear like Marty McFly did in Back to the Future, or would you change the future like in Quantum Leap, or would you create a second parallel timeline like in Star Trek, or would you simply not be able to change the past because it already happened like The Time Machine? We won't know for sure until someboddy travels back in time and tries to kill his or her grandfather (not that I am condoning murder or anything).

In the meantime, since we have no idea what would happen, then we can't know for sure what won't happen.
    Nah. Time travel is just a fantasy theory. Man invented time as it is, so that we wouldn't be late for appointments. Afterall what is time but something that we count? Does it have a phisical presence like water? No, it is literally something we use as a measuring device. It's not like a stream so it is not really possible to move back in time.

If it was possible though, then the extreme Killing grandfather snario would be catostrophic. We'd never reach next week becauase time would keep changing. You kill your grandfather, so he never has kids. So no grandchild goes back in time. So he lives, has kids and his grandkids travel back in time and kill him. So no kids, no grandkids. So noone kills him and he lives, has kids and grandkids who proceed to kill him, so he has no kids ect...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast