Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Is this the working title for STAR WARS EPISODE III?

Ever since George Lucas announced his plans to make new STAR WARS movies, fans have speculated what the titles of EPISODE I, II and III could be. Before Lucas revealed the title for EPISODE I: THE PHANTOM MENACE, dozens of would-be candidates were mentioned -- but all were far from what the actual title turned out to be. When production began on EPISODE II, the same fury and speculation arose once again on the internet...but once again Lucas proved them all to be wrong when we learned it was to be ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

And perhaps the fans (and the online movie website community) have learned their lesson because the level of speculation as to what the title of EPISODE III will be has been far less than it has been for the previous two STAR WARS prequels. Maybe we've learned that trying to anticipate what Lucas has in store for us isn't as easy as we once thought it would be six or seven years ago.

And that is why you should take today's scoop with a heavy dose of salt. Even though the information comes from a trusted source working in the entertainment business the fact remains that, to date, no one individual or website has broken the title of any STAR WARS film in advance of the Lucasfilm announcement. In short: while we trust our source and they haven't steered us wrong in the past, we still wouldn't bet the farm on this one. If there's one thing learned reporting about the STAR WARS films it's that Uncle George's mind is about as hard to read as a Jedi performing one of their mysterious mind tricks.

Still with me? If so, here it is:

A source for Coming Attractions has informed us that the title being used for EPISODE III (and allegedly by Lucas himself) is REVENGE OF THE SITH.

Our source, whose identity and position within show business we will keep anonymous, told us where they heard this information and in what capcity the alleged title has been used. Without breaking our source's confidence and being aware to not jeopardize the jobs of any other individuals, there exists the possibility that the REVENGE OF THE SITH title may be valid. Nevertheless, it again bears repeating that, even with the high standing that we give our source, we cannot guarantee that this will be the final title used for EPISODE III. In fact, the REVENGE OF THE SITH title has even been floated out there as a fan favorite for possible SW3 titles (along with a dozen others.) The only thing that separates our rumor from any others is that we can say that there are individuals working on aspects of the production that have been told that REVENGE OF THE SITH is what the third prequel movie will be called -- but nothing is for sure until you see the movie poster itself. Who knows? George could be telling his people one thing but in fact he's going to announce STAR WARS EPISODE III: THAT'S ALL FOLKS sometime this year. Is REVENGE OF THE SITH misinformation, disinformation or the biggest inside leak yet?

Before we let speculation commence about this tantalizing and unconfirmed piece of gossip, it should be noted that the original title for EPISODE VI was in fact REVENGE OF THE JEDI. As we now know, before the movie's release in 1983 the title was changed to RETURN OF THE JEDI. Depending upon who's telling the tale, the JEDI title was changed because it was similar to another science fiction movie in production at the same time (STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN was originally called THE VENGEANCE OF KHAN); or the other story, Lucas changed the title because he felt that Jedi don't seek a cold-blooded thing like revenge. Indeed, it sounds just like something a Sith would do.

Ultimately, time will tell if the Dark Lords will have their revenge in the title credits or not.

[Our thanks to our anonymous source for relaying the info. May the Force be with you!]
    From Cinescape
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    i'll believe it when i see it....
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    I hope not. Revenge of the Sith just doesn't seem dark enough for me. I still like "Fall of the Republic" and "Rise of the Empire".
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    we can't have a word repeated in titles...

no empire, attack, return, or anything like that.

it has to be something powerful and original.

i like "Darkness Rises" hehehe.... it may not fit for a star wars title but hey that's a cool title

or "Rise of the dark side".... "Here comes the sith" lol :big grin:
    just messin around

Credits
    I'm kinda partial to "Episode III: What, you mean Anakin's evil? Aww crap, now I'm out of the pool!"
    Are you a Mexi-CAN or a Mexi-CAN'T?

Credits
    The real reason as to why there has been less enthusiasm to guess the name isn't because Lucas is out-smarting us or anything... it's simply because a lot of people don't give a damn anymore... Lucas tarnished a perfect series. The hype died because many people realised that we weren't going to be blown away...

Credits
    Hmmm but that aint every1s opinion...i gota admit...i hated the first movie, but i absolutely loved attack of the clones and am dying to watch the 3rd movie, i bet die hard fans would pay loads of movie...just for knowing the title b4 otha people...its kinda stoopid...but theres people out there like that.... i for one dont give a crap about the name, just hope the movie gets better n better