Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Aliens (1986) - trivia entries

some interesting trivia threads will be posted on movies.. read them they are as entertaining as the movies =)

- As Ripley is getting out of the atmosphere plant at the end of the film, there's a countdown. If you time it, you find that the plant blows up about a minute and a half ahead of schedule, a pleasant change from the usual direction artistic time works in the movies.
    - This isn't a mistake, but a funny little thing: When you look closely to Drake's an Vasquez' Auto-cannons, you can clearly see, that these are modified German machine guns, produced by Heckler & Koch. In some shots, when firing, you can also see the ammo-belts hanging out of the guns (e.g. when Drake is firing his last rounds, just before he drops the gun). These machineguns are also carried by some Stormtroopers in "Star Wars" - almost unmodified.
    - Just in case you didn't know. The woman that plays Vasquez is the same woman that plays John Conner's foster mother in Terminator II. It's amazing what they can do with makeup. James Cameron, like many directors, likes to use the same actors. Michael Beihn (Hicks) is sent back to save Sarah Conner in Terminator. Vasquez is also in Cameron's Titanic. She is the mother of the two kids in the belly of the ship telling them a bedtime story before they die. She did a pretty good Irish accent then as well.
    - During the briefing on the Sulaco Hudson's comment "Someone said alien. She thought they said illegal alien, signed up." was an inside joke. When Jeanette Goldstein was told they were casting a movie titled "Aliens" she thought it was about the U.S/Mexican border. So for her screen test she tried to look and sound as Hispanic as possible. So she was cast as Vasquez.
    - Bishop's programming about "he is not allowed to harm, or by omission of action allowed to harm, a human being (paraphrased) is the same prime directive of the androids in Isaac Asimov's "Robot's of Dawn" series.
    - Just an aside - if you look at a lot of the hardware used by the colonial marines it is the same hardware you see used by the humans in the film "Terminator" the first one, some of the guns, the flash lights (which are just roadside emergency lights, I have a few) and some of the armour.
    - Oscar to the editor - when they are landing on LV-426, Acheron colony, the time is on the money - when Apone announces "10 seconds people, look sharp" it is ten seconds exactly - the entire time of landing is real time (yes, bored one night I used a stop watch).
    - When the first landing party go into the base and walk through the lab, just before Hudson makes a noise by knocking something off a bench, you can clearly see a deep fat fryer amongst the various scientific equipment.
    - One of the sets for Aliens was later re-used as the Axis Chemical plant in Batman.
    - At the end, after Ripley saves Newt from the hive, they emerge from the elevator to discover that Bishop has apparently left them behind. As the Queen Alien approaches them, Ripley tells Newt to close her eyes, and then Newt cries out "Look!" as Bishop appears in the dropship. The triumphant music which plays as the ship rises was used again in "Die Hard," when Karl emerges from the building at the end and tries to kill McClane, only to be gunned down by Powell.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits

Re: Aliens (1986) - trivia entries

Originally posted by tisoy
    some interesting trivia threads will be posted on movies.. read them they are as entertaining as the movies =)

- Just in case you didn't know. The woman that plays Vasquez is the same woman that plays John Conner's foster mother in Terminator II. It's amazing what they can do with makeup. James Cameron, like many directors, likes to use the same actors. Michael Beihn (Hicks) is sent back to save Sarah Conner in Terminator. Vasquez is also in Cameron's Titanic. She is the mother of the two kids in the belly of the ship telling them a bedtime story before they die. She did a pretty good Irish accent then as well.

Wanna know who has starred in the most Cameron films....Bill Paxton.

• The Terminator - Punk Leader
    • Aliens - Hudson
    • True Lies - Simon
    • Titanic - Brock Lovette
    • Ghosts Of The Abyss - Himself
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    God, I love Aliens! The thing about Jeanette Goldstein trying to sound hispanic is hilarious!
    "In case I don't see you--good afternoon, good evening and good night." -The Truman Show

Credits
    WOW, so much stuff I didn't know, I like when people point out little mistakes in movies although Aliens was one of the greatest of all time. YOu wanna see a really screwed up movie see "Agent Red" what a piece of crap

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chizzace
    God, I love Aliens! The thing about Jeanette Goldstein trying to sound hispanic is hilarious!
    She didn't age well.

j7wild Guest
    I thought Colette Hiller was cute; the actress that played the female pilot Cpl. Ferro but she didn't make any more movies after 'Aliens'

some of the info you posted are the same as the ones here:

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film40/trivia

Credits
    Also, in Aliens, they talk about the old model Ash from the first movie, and in the very first James Cameron script, Ash's model and make were the same as that of a Terminator, a Cyberdyne Systems cyborg (James Cameron made both Aliens as the Terminator1 & 2).

RIPLEY
    You never said anything about an
    android being here! Why not?

BURKE
    Well, it didn't occur to me. It's
    been policy for years to have a
    synthetic on board.

BISHOP
    I prefer the term 'artificial person'
    myself. Is there a problem?

BURKE
    A synthetic malfunctioned on her
    last trip out. Some deaths were
    involved.

BISHOP
    I'm shocked. Was it an older model?

BURKE
    Cyberdyne Systems 120-A/2.

Credits
    dude, imagine if the Marines brought along a few T100s to the planet with them....

Governator vs Alien Queen

blast door opening....

Governator: "I'm back"

haha, I can always dream

j7wild Guest
    I've been hearing rumours that Ridley Scott is going to make an Alien 5 and properly close the franchise... I hope that's true!!

Credits
    True about what? Making a fifth movie or closing the franchise?
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    They both need to be true I think.

In order to make up for Alien: Resurrection they need to have a kick *** fifth installment which leaves no holes in the plots, explains all the unknowns with lots of aliens and then close the "Alien" franchise.

Aliens vs Predator films can continue since they are in another timeline anyway, but they seriously need to make up for the 4th film.