Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 24 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Saw The Transporter 2 also. I thought it was much better than the first one. I'm not very picky when it comes to realistic. But lots of the car stunts blew my mind! :big grin:

4/5
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The IMAX Experience - 3 / 5

Interesting is one way to sum it up. I have not seen the '71 version so I cannot compare. Depp was great as usual.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose.
    4/5 ... Scared the ever-lovin' **** outta' me. It was great.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    House Of Wax (2005) 3.5/5

Not bad.
    Last edited by lafce; 11-07-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Credits

corpse bride

The most recent movie that I've seen was the Corpse Bride. I went to a free screening last night. It was a really good movie (it being free helped but it was so funny! You wanna see something freaky?? click here www.sept23.com

Credits
    I just finished watching "Sahara".

The movie strays from the book a lot, and I like the book much, much better (Clive Cussler is one of my favorite authors, and Sahara is my favorite of his books), but I definitely enjoyed the movie.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

j7wild Guest
    Lord of War

more of a serious drama than an action movie but it was well written and well acted

I highly recommend it!!

Credits
    Dumb and Dumber

With the Unrated edition news fresh in my mind, it was time to dig up my UK TV recording (complete with a few deleted scenes itself...). I've lost count of how many times I've seen it.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Dumb and Dumber... I've lost count of how many times I've seen it.
    Suddenly everything makes a lot of sense now... j/k

Went to see Howl's Moving Castle last week (original Japanese version with English subs), after waited for 10 months. I wouldn't say it's a bad film, but it certainly doesn't deserve a 10-month wait. Surely the audience with me had fun with some of the scenes. Still there's certainly reasons for some harsh critics saying that it's not better than Spirited Away. And as for me, Laputa is still my faourite Mizayazi/Studio Ghibil film of all time.

I may change the mind when I watch the film on DVD again next month, cranking up the DTS track.
    Last edited by editman; 09-26-2005 at 02:23 AM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

eighteen

....just saw the movie 'eighteen' at the calgary film festival....
    BLEW ME AWAY!!!

cannot believe they pulled it off on such a small budget - script is haunting, cinematography incredible, cast - WOW.

one teeny tiny beef - they don't mention the DOP Kevin J. van Niekerk in the website... i already complained to it but they have no public forum.

make a noise to get it on your circuit...

j7wild Guest
    I watched Tim Burton's Corpse Bride today: excellent little movie albeit a bit short clocking in under 1 hour and 15 min (not including credits and previews)

I also watched Flighplan today: good setup and story idea but they screwed up on the final act (guess the screenwriters didn't know how to tie everything together in a neat ending)

I also watched the Constant Gardener today: excellent thriller; well acted and solidly written; I highly recommend it!!

:big grin:

Credits
    The Exorcism Of Emily Rose - 4 / 5

Scared the crap out of me. I saw it late last night and I had a hard time sleeping afterwards. I haven't been this freaked out during or after a "scary" movie in a long time.

Credits
    Flightplan - 3.75 / 5

Pretty good. Didn't see the ending turning out the way it did.

Credits
    Tim Burton's Corpse Bride - 3/5

All in all I think the jury is still out on this one. While I didn't not like it, I wasn't blown away by it either. I walked out of the theatre and sort of went "meh". Perhaps a second viewing might help.

Credits
    Murder In Harlem (one of the worst films I've ever seen, but it is interesting that it was made by an all black cast and crew during the 1930s in America)

Mulholland Drive (Hated the film when the credits rolled. Two hours later, found it to be one of the best films I've ever seen.)

The Pillow Book (Absolute trash. Worthy of note: one of Ewan McGregor's earliest films)

She's Gotta Have It (Spike Lee's debut film. Horrible, as well.)

Stranger Than Paradise (The first film that I've seen from the director. Loved it. Plays out more like a trilogy of short films instead of an actual film.)
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif