Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 26 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
    Credits
    The most recent movies I have seen are Kingdom of Heaven, Sin City
    and Batman Begins... all three are very good.

I especially liked Kingdom of Heaven and Sin City.

I've also seen Full Metal Jacket, maybe for the first time, and that's
    a really good movie.

Credits
    the last movie i watched was swim fan-watched it yesterday, thought it was really good

Credits

Cool Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The last movie that I watched was Batman Begins and I saw it last night. Can I just say that, that movie was FANTASTIC and I'm not even into all of the Batman, Spiderman, comic book character stuff!!! I was glued though... Excellent movie!

What do you guys think about kiss kiss bang bang? The reviews are pretty good but I'm hearing some buzz on it being perceived as being homophobic. Just wanted to get some more opinons about it... It's definitely one of those movies with an interpretation exclusive to the person viewing it. It's only playing in select cities but here's the website in case you're curious www.kisskiss-bangbang.com

Credits
    Jarhead – 5/5

Ohh-Rah!!

I’ve been waiting to see this movie since the day I first saw the trailer on here and I read the book this past month. This is an excellent film that pretty much stays true to the book. Obviously there are some differences, for example towards the end, the scene at the airfield is different but I found the film version to much more emotional. Solid performances from everyone. Jake is awesome, Peter is becoming one of my favourite actors and Jamie is perfect for his role.

A word of warning, this is not an “action” war movie. In fact there’s not much action except towards the end when Desert Storm starts, and even then there’s not much because these guys didn’t see much. Please don’t go in expecting to see Rambo. Unfortunately almost all of last night’s audience was made up of 16-18 year olds who were expecting Rambo and voiced their displeasure ruining some of the movie going experience. This is a very intelligent anti-war film and I think it was lost on them.

On another note, there was no trailer for Munich attached to my print.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Ditto,
    What chernabog said WORD FOR WORD except ofcourse for the audience he watched it with, thats too bad. I had a great audience, all mature adults, all wearing poppies. My theater was stuffed, I hope this film does really well.
    Best film of the year so far!
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Fantastic Four 4/5

Surprisingly good IMO.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild
    We have a couple of theaters here in Houston that show movies for $1 and on Tuesdays, All Day, it's 50 cents!!

I watched The Cave yesterday which is a ripoff of Alien Trilogy and everything else you can think of; glad I only paid $1 for the ticket too!!

What theater is that? I live in Houston too (well, Katy actually) and I've never heard of the dollar theater.

Oh and the last movie I saw is Doom. You can read what I thought about it at http://moviereviewsbypetri.blogspot.com

Credits
    just watched Kingdom of heaven. Not very good. Scott has a good visual imagination, but the cut was so bad. Good acting, oh yes, thats what saves the film, but screenplay just sends it to the hell.
    what a pitty
    just going to watch The Nightmare before Christmas, which I haent seen yet, for it hasnt been released in our country yet (no, really wasnt, trust me or not, neither on TV or DVD/VHS...)
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Doom - 1 / 5

When is Hollywood going to learn that Video Game + Movie = Bad.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca
    Doom - 1 / 5

When is Hollywood going to learn that Video Game + Movie = Bad.
    That would be shortly after movie goers realize that video game + movie = bad and not go to them. As long as they make money off of them, Hollywood will continue to produce them.

Edit: So, um, why did you go?
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by corfy
    That would be shortly after movie goers realize that video game + movie = bad and not go to them. As long as they make money off of them, Hollywood will continue to produce them.

Edit: So, um, why did you go?

Well I went to see it cause I was a huge Quake 2 player and still play FPS games. Plus it didn't cost me anything except my time so I don't really have too much to complain about but I expected more and maybe that's my problem.

Credits
    Chicken Little in Disney Digital 3D - 3 / 5

The animation is very well done and the 3D effect is really good. I'm glad that didn't try too many 3D gimmicks. The story is interesting and it has some humorous parts but there's just something lacking. I can't for some reason put my finger on it but there's something that the Pixar films have that this won't doesn't.

Can Disney live without Pixar? I believe they can but I really hope that the new CEO can mend the fences and that they can continue their partnership. I also hope that Disney doesn't completely abandon traditional animation as was the rumour before Eisner left.

Credits
    Just watched X-men 2 (ok, not the first time, I just love it), History of violence (when I was writing about it, I gave 4/5, my own opinion? - 5/5, amazing, love it) and just going to watch (again) Princess Mononoke, which I think is the best anime ever...for me

Credits
    came from cinema, I was at Chicken Little. Well, surprised me little bit, but still only 3/5 for weak begining. But had a fun sometimes, loved those three-eye-creatures

Credits
    I also hope that Disney doesn't completely abandon traditional animation as was the rumour before Eisner left.
    I´m afraid that they´ve allready closed traditional animation studios and abandon it. Or they will do so in close future. It´s a pitty, someone makes a good movies in 3D animation (Pixar) and the succes of classic animated stories now seems lower. So lets jump to 3D and leave the classic, almost 100 years old animation behind. This sucks, WD should keep at classic ones, for once we will start to miss them, because 3D is new and seems interesting now, but what about ten years in future? 10 years without classic disney animation? I dont think this is gonna work, they cant just erase what allready became a legend. I dont like this idea
    Last edited by st39.6; 11-12-2005 at 12:22 PM.