Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 43 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast
    Credits
    X-Men: The Last Stand 3.5/5

Entertaining, but should have been longer.

j7wild Guest
    We just came back from watching 'The Sentinel' at the $1 movies;

a fair little thriller althought the plot and the pacing needs a bit polishing but the perfomances are good except for Eva Longoria's character that was more window dressing than anything until the last 10 minutes of the entire film.

I give it a 3.5 out of 5!!

Credits
    last movie at a theater: X-Men 3 (good, but pheonix storyline got trashed - too much story with the Cure storyline too)

Last movie on DVD: The Wrong Guy If you're a fan of Kids in the Hall, you'll be entertained. If you don't know Kids in the Hall, it's a silly comedy. Very fun.

Last movie at the Drive In:
    Triple Feature: Inside Man (AWESOME) The Breakup (good. Liked the ending, very well done.) and United 93. (2am, and we went home because they pulled that rediculious cliche of "oh, thank god I made it on the plane, I almost missed it!!")

Credits
    I watched two great war/drama movies in the last two days. They are two of the best ever:

Patton 5/5
    Actualy, I saw it 15 years ago, but didn't remember it that well, so I descided to watch it again.

Platoon 4/5

Credits
    when a stranger calls (2006 remake): 3.5/5

tons of movie mistakes, bad acting, bad music, bad 5.1 mix (dvd)
    but
    extremely good camera work, slightly scary, a cute actress, overall a great look and very entertaining

perfect movie to watch with friends on a boring evening

the hills have eyes (unrated - 2006 remake): 4.5/5

HOLY! this movie raises the standard of violence for "cinema movies" to a new level!
    There are scenes in such a disturbing way shown, that I was really shocked and terrified. Its not as scary (it only has 5~6 jump out of your seat shockers) as other latest horror movies (the descent, wolf creek and so on). It goes the other way, the terror/disturbing/disgusting way.
    The sound effects + music score are one of the best IŽve heard in a long time. The special effects are excellent too and we asked ourself many times, "how is that done".

The acting and reactions are sometimes pretty bad and dumb, but hell.. its a roallercoaster to watch anyway. There is not one boring second at all, I really enjoyed watching it.

j7wild Guest
    shock and terrified by Hills Have Eyes? why?

it didn't scare me one bit; I was bored to death!!

very very very few movies manage to scare me

Credits
    I have a friend who is the same. He cant get scared by movies. I think, its the way he watches these movies. He is not really trying to get into the movie and feel with it. The only movie that managed to scare the sh1t out of him, was "the blair witch project" ....

What movie scared you j7wild ?

j7wild Guest
    I think horror movies nowadays are more gory than scary; seeing someone running around with a limb missing and blood and guts spewing everywhere doesn't scare me - it's not scary, it's gross.

Then the typical hollywood scary cliches: a cat jumping out from nowhere in the dark, a door creaking and shutting unexpectedly, someone appearing out of nowhere behind the character and they weren't there a few frame before - these things been done so many times it's not scary to me anymore, the audience should expect this in a horror movie and they should be numb and desensitized from seeing it before.

The last true master of Horror is still Alfred Hitchcock: his movies contains little or no blood and goryness yet he manages to create a scare tension that will keep the viewer on the edge of his seat.

The Exorcist, Alien, John Carpenter's The Thing; those movies scared me but keep in mind that I was a kid when I saw them.

What movie have I seen as an adult in the last few years that scared me?

The Descent and Silent Hill had a couple of good part that startled me but not enough to keep me scared and apprehensive through the whole film.

Hostel, The Hills Have Eyes, High Tension, Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, recent Dawn of the Dead movies, etc they managed to make me laugh than scare me.

Credits
    The Descent only had a couple of moments that startled you?

truely Alfred Hitchcock is a master, but these movies are for a different generation. There are enough real scary movies right now, that have a similar quality of tension without using the usual ways to scare the people.
    If you are open to asian stuff, you really should check out the movie "a tale of two sisters". No blood, no "booh" shockers, no for you "boring" stuff. I hardly could stand watching it. But watch it, in original language
    If that does not scare you, then I dont know.

j7wild Guest
    I watched the Japanese versions of the Ring and the Grudge and Dark Waters; didn't scared me either.

Credits
    Lord of war: 4.5/5
    "guns, guns, guns, grenades, hurai"
    wow, impressive sad political drama
    the acting is superb

Credits
    Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift

went in thinking this movie was gona be a pile of crap.... came out thinking it was the karate kid of racing movies. i must say this is my suprise movie hit of the year!

5/5

Credits
    Superman! At last! I still cant believe that I didnt see it any before...alway just some part...end, beginning, never middle...and now on my DVD here it lies..
    Me angry! WhereŽs my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    The Hills Have Eyes (2006) 4/5

V For Vendetta (2005) 4.5/5

Imagine Me & You (2005) 3/5

The Devil's Rejects (2005) 3.5/5
    Last edited by Lafce; 08-18-2006 at 07:21 PM.

j7wild Guest
    I just saw Ice Age The Meltdown.

I spoke with my Nephews and Nieces, age 4 to 12 and they didn't like it because they say the Squirrel was annoying.

There are also several movie reviews that stated the same thing.

I thought the Squirrel was what made the first movie funny; so I went into this movie with this thought in mind.

Guess what? I love it!! I think if they didn't give the squirrel more screen time in this sequel, the whole movie would have been boring.

SO here's to the Squirrel and I give Ice Age The Meltdown 4 out of 5 (it loses 1 point with me because the subplot between the male and female mammoth first not liking each other then falling in love toward the end was done before many times).