Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 44 of 188 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
    Credits
    I watched Doom on DVD last night. I actually enjoyed it. And yes, I've beaten Doom 3 on PC, so don't say it's only fun for people who haven't played the game.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

j7wild Guest
    I forgot to say:

Heck, if they make a whole 2 hour movie with just the Squirrel, I'll be the first in line!!

Credits
    Saw Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift this week - personally, the worst film so far this year! Ripped off horribly, mainly from Initial D but also West Side Story(!), it's wildly racist and sexist, with pathetic dialogue (the Japanese dialogue delivered so badly as to prompt a mixture of scorn and amusement from Japanese members of the audience) and races where you barely actually see the cars in favour of shaky shots of dials, feet on pedals and the foliage next to the track. It gets 1/5 for one nice slo-mo drift shot which was a welcome relief from all the Shakicam (tm), Lucas Black (the kid from American Gothic all growed up) and the fun ending.

Also Poseidon - won't win any awards for sure, but briskly paced and occasionally brutal (how did it get a 12A??). Great cinema (very good sound mix, especially) but only an OK film - 3/5

On DVD, have watched Lord of War (very well written and acted, great opening credits sequence - 4/5), Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (excellent on all fronts, casting, script and performances all spot on - 4.5/5) and the Dark Water remake (interesting to see the drama heightened and good performance by Jennifer Connelly, but the last act is way too rushed and it's sorely missing the atmosphere of the original - 2.5/5)

PS - j7wild - have you seen The Exorcist III? Despite studio tinkering, rises head and shoulders above most horror because the central aspects are characters and the script (by William Peter Blatty)... and great performance by George C Scott!

Credits
    I just bought Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, great movie. Robert Downy and Val Kilmer were both amazing in this movie, and I laughed so much from watching this movie. I agree with Andry, 4.5/5 (I've been waiting for this DVD ever since I watched it in theaters. I just thought to myself, "I must have this DVD.")

Credits
    Watched Green Street Hooligans. A very well done movie. 4/5

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Monster Man (2003) 4/5
    This one was a nice surprise - a mix of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Jeepers Creepers, The Hills Have Eyes, Wrong Turn and that type of movies, with a lot of humor in it... and better then most of them.

Credits
    I saw Superman Returns tonight. 4/5.
    This was a great movie. The only problem I had was Brandon Routh's lack of dialog.

j7wild Guest
    Superman Returns, 3.5 out of 5

Credits
    Date Movie: 2.5/5
    thought it would be funnier

Brokeback Mountain: 4.5/5
    I always tried to skip this movie, but I watched it anyway.
    WOW! I am so impressed .... and the score is so beautifull.

Lafce, IŽm going to check Monster Man out.
    Last edited by DVDRick; 07-06-2006 at 05:40 AM.

Credits
    Bandidas: 2/5
    simply boooooooring
    crap running gags, nearly no humor and also nearly no action.
    It only has one very well choreographed,CGIed,cutted, filmed matrix style shootout scene, that is worth a watch.

j7wild Guest
    Stick It... predictable story and ending but lotsa beautiful young women in tight leotards!!

Credits
    V for Vendetta: 4/5
    I am slightly disappointed about the look and feel about this movie. But overall, its a very good movie.

j7wild Guest
    I was disappointed by V for Vendetta too.

The trailer was deceptive; it made it look like V was training Natalie to become like him and fight like him but instead she DID NOTHING !!

Just got back from watching POTC 2!!

I give it 3 out of 5; some great CGI action sequences but a bit too long and not as fresh and surprising as the Original!!

Also the story felt incohesive and uncomprehensive and confusing and the whole movie played out like a long traffic jam that just doesn't want to end;

finally when you walk out of the theater, you feel like you just came out of one of those $100 a person trendy restaurant dinners and you didn't even get full.

Oh and they have sequel that was filmed back to back with this one that comes out Next Year too!!

Credits
    I just watched Fantastic Four. Not too bad. I liked the special effects, but felt that the characters could have been more.

j7wild Guest
    Just saw United 93;

excellent movie and another reason to hate some people!!

5 out of 5