Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 93 of 187 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2819

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits
    There Will Be Blood - 3 / 5

Daniel Day-Lewis delivers one of the best performances I have ever seen. He just grabs your attention and is amazing to watch.

The film looks incredible. I figured Jesse James would have won the Oscar for Cinematography but I can see why this did.

I did find it slow at times but only towards the end where I almost started to lose interest. It's an interesting story about greed but nothing great in my opinion. I understand the contrast and similarities between Daniel and Eli but only at the end. Up until that point I just didn't see what the point of Eli's character was.

I don't know how people can complain about the ending of No Country For Old Men after seeing this one!!
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    88 Minutes - 2.5/5

Al Pacino is one and only reason to watch this movie.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    The Mist (2007) - 4/5

Credits
    I realize I am a little behind the times, but I finally saw Beowulf. That was a pretty good movie. I haven't read the book, but I enjoyed the story. My wife, who has read the book, was rather upset with them for the changes they made until we watched the added feature explaining why they made the change, at which point she understood their reasoning.

However, the computer animation was a bit... uneven. At times, it looked like the actors were standing in front of the camera. At other times, it looked like I was watching Shrek.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Watched Aguirre: The Wrath of God tonight. Pretty good.

Credits
    Iron Man - 4 / 5

Never read the comics so I wasn't really familiar with the story or characters. They did a great job in introducing Iron Man. Movie has some good action, some laughs, and a lot of cool toys. Downey is perfect in this.

Good way to kick off the summer movie season.

Credits
    IRON MAN 4.5/5,
    this was a GREAT COMIC MOVIE, I have heard people complain that this did not have enough action in it. IMO it didn't matter because Robert Downey Jr. was BRILLIANT.
    I really enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. P.S. stay for the end of the credits for alittle something more.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    IRON MAN 4.5/5,
    this was a GREAT COMIC MOVIE, I have heard people complain that this did not have enough action in it. IMO it didn't matter because Robert Downey Jr. was BRILLIANT.
    I really enjoyed this movie from beginning to end. P.S. stay for the end of the credits for alittle something more.

I couldn't agree with you...it was a sweet movie! I missed that extra reference to Nick Fury at the end...read about it on the net tho. I can't wait for part 2!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    IRON MAN 4.5/5,
    Excellent movie .. I went in with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Speed Racer

4.75 out of 5

This movie surprised me with the story and the visual cinematography and special effects; it's even more impressive than Sin City, Matrix and 300!!

I had low expectations when I went in and I left with a big on my face!!

Credits
    The Mist (2007) 4/5

Credits
    Alien vs. Predator: Requiem - 3/5

Credits
    Again, I am a tad behind the times, but I have watched two movies recently that I have never seen before.

The first was "Night at the Museum". That was a funny movie, and I enjoyed it a lot. I can't wait for the sequel.

The second was "Amazing Grace". That was a really good movie. There probably won't be a sequel to that one, though.

Credits
    I made it to the movie theater for the first time this year last night and saw "Iron Man." To be honest, after hearing everyone talk about it, I expected it to be a little better, and I disagree with people who say this is the best comic book movie ever made, but I did enjoy the movie and I will definitely be getting it on DVD when it comes out.

Credits
    Atonement - 4.5 / 5

The last of this year's BP nominees on my to see list. I honestly didn't know what to expect from it but I was captivated by it. Amazing story and strong performances from the entire cast. The long shot at the beach is remarkable!