Page 1 of 184 123 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

what wuz the most recent movie(s) you have seen:

i wanted to make a sticky thread really bad! and i thought i should do something like 'the most recent DVD you have purchased' so this could be a never ending thread just like it, you post which movie you have just seen everytime. (just like everytime you purchased a DVD)

please let me know if you think this is stupid! or a bad idea?

just saw T3 again tonite w/ my boyfriend.....

and i'm gonna make this a theater slash rental thread... if you have purchased a DVD, read above!!! hehe
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Saw Paycheck this evening.

Not a John Woo masterpiece like 'Face/Off' or anything he did in Hong Kong, but it's as good as 'Broken Arrow' and 'Hard Target', and much better than 'M:I2' and 'Windtalker'.

If you treat this more like a Woo action film rather than another 'Minority Report' (forget 'Blade Runner' - it's nothing like the classic), you'll enjoy it better.

I don't know but to me Uma was trying really hard not to act like The Bride here, resulting that you can see she's acting her role. But maybe it's just me.

And I don't know about that pigeon.

Other than that, it's another one of Woo's decent works of brainless action film, with his usual slow-motion shots, stand offs, reference to children etc.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Just finishing watching Janghwa, Hongryeon (aka Tale of Two Sisters, A ) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365376/
    i saw this korean horror film in front of my computer this evening with no one else around me.
    what shall i say? the film is good combination of Japanese horror movie(like Ring series) and Hitchcock! i just didn't know what the movie is about untile i finish watching it. I rated it 9 out of 10

ZHao:But in my arms, she was always Lolita

Credits
    the passion of the christ
    5/10

imo very over-rated.
    i don't see where the point of this movie is. i would have preferred to see a movie covering the whole life of jesus. this was just 2 hours full of blood. i felt a bit touched by it, but i've seen some movies that had a much bigger effect on me and will stay with me much longer than tpotc. i think it would have a bigger effect if gibson would have shown more of jesus' earlier years instead of starting with him getting punished.
    about the violence:
    if some people hate tarantino because he glorifies violence, than they should really hate mel gibson.
    i don't see the slightest reason to show the tortures jesus had to go through in slow motion, imo the movie is way too stylish.
    i have no idea where this movie is "good for the soul" like gibson claims.
    somebody told me you have a boyfriend who looks like a girldfriend that i had in february of last year the killers

Credits
    Gothika

Nice movie but the End Sucked so bad.....

Credits
    Starsky and Hutch (pretty good, better than most TV-show movies)

and

Dawn of the Dead (2004 version) (very good friggin' flick)
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits
    School Of Rock
    We Were Warriors
    Matchstick men

Credits
    The Princess Blade

Well, what really made me interested in watching the movie is the beautiful colors and composites in the trailer. And unfortunately, this is almost all I got from the 90 minute film. Apart from the flourish art direction and cinematography, I didn't find much to appreciate!

Also seen The Matrix Revolutions. I saw there has been some discussion here about it, so I don't want to start another war. But my opinion about it is very positive and I find it, and the ending, a perfect filmmaker's choice for concluding the triology.
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    gothika
    5/10

Credits
    Starsky and Hutch

hm quit nice but not as good as the original
    i liked the end with the original s and h cast :-)

Credits
    Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London
    I enjoyed the first movie A LOT more than I thought I was going to, so perhaps that's why I like it more than I should, but why not? It's a kid secret agent and it's actually done pretty well, it keeps the laughs coming and it tries to keep itself from hitting most of the stereotypes that most kids movies do. The sequel isn't much different. I laughed about as much if not a bit more, there's some fun action scenes with kids kicking *** (how is that not cool?), the hot teen actress of-the-moment, and Frankie Muniz, which is my favorite teen actor. Against the better judgement of the movie critic inside...
    2.5/4 stars

Taking Lives
    My first thoughts at the start of this movie is wow, it's really trying to be a lot like Se7en... to its credit of course, at least that's a good movie to steal style from. This movie is anything but original, the plot has more contrivances than a political speech, but what it lacks in originality it makes up for in style and intensity. I jumped out of my seat more than once, and the twists are actually pretty fun, as it keeps you guessing till the last frame. The cast is all quite good, Kiefer Sutherland is doing what he does best, and Angelina Jolie plays her role quite well (for a change). Not great, but it does what it should.
    3/4 stars

House Of Sand And Fog
    This is one of the most startling and intense films that I've seen in recent memory. Ben Kingsley and Jennifer Connely are two people battling over the ownership of a house, and they'll do anything to support their actions. The movie focuses on the darkness of human nature, and what people do in complete desperation. The acting is wonderful, one minute you can be sympathetic for one character, and the next minute hate that one and sympathize for the other, and all this builds to a very bleak ending. A surprisingly dire Hollywood release and an awesome directorial debut for Vadim Perelman. Ben Kingsley does a superb job, and as usual, the beatiful Jennifer Connely gives a knockout performance.
    4/4 stars

Dawn Of The Dead
    Did this movie take my by surprise. I was expecting to think it was just ok... or even lackluster going by the recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake. This movie rocked. It's got everything a nice and gory horror film should have and then some. (Horror purists will LOVE this one.) This movie starts with a bang and never lets up. I jumped, I laughed, I winced, and I loved every single moment of it. Get this... the characters are actually interesting and funny! I guess the closest comparison this movie has (besides the original) is 28 Days Later, and this one is much better. It's got a wicked sense of humor, a smart script, and great directing by Zack Snyder. I can't wait to own this one on DVD... take that Texas Chainsaw Massacre piece of crap!
    3.5/4 stars
    Last edited by Shrubz; 03-28-2004 at 08:17 AM.

Credits
    (I was going to post this on Friday night but the Forum was being upgraded.)

Saw Monster on Friday evening. Love it. Definitely one of 10 bests on my list this year. The plot is a bit cliche, but it certainly works for this film, which is all about Charlize's performance. Which is a bit over-the-top. Even a bit superficial, but certainly overwhelming.

I can even stand Christina Ricci, which I usually don't like personally (God has an idea how many good flicks I've missed solely cos she's in it). The way I see it though, she's like a mini-Keanu Reeves with boobs in this film.

And I missed the new Spider-Man 2 trailer AND The Comedy Festival to see this, so you'd better believe it's worthy.

Credits
    Dawn Of The Dead-Absolutely 100% Amazing opening 10 minutes with all of it's wake up, look zombies, there's your story intro. With it's 28 Days Later style shakey cams, Resident Evil style creepy cams, decent for a horror movie acting and absolutely sadistic sense of humour. Likewise for the films closing 20 minutes only with the gore becoming unnesisarily OTT. However the film forgets the core purpose of Zombies, they are unrelenting. Sure it was funny when the husband went after an easier target, but once the characters board themselves up inside the shopping mall the zombies just give up and wait for the food to come to them. Well if a zombie isn't trying to get in then it's not getting in, and that is not scary in the slightest. The film also fails to display any brain cells, lacking the social commentary that defined both the original Dawn Of The Dead and 28 Days Later. 3.5/5

Passion Of Christ - Bloody, unrelenting and by using my own beliefs I found a film of incredible power. Without my beliefs though it's a plotkless, poorly characterized film of incredible cheese. Tear from Heavan my foot. 2.5/5

Starski And Hutch - Was it nostsalgic? How should I know? Was it fun, yes, Starski And Hutch was a harmless little comedy that may or may not have made fun of the series, which I've never seen, but has the single greatest cameo by the original stars in history. 4/5

Credits
    50 first dates: typical adam sandler fair... all the usual cameos make an appearence, and he references happy gilmore. not to mention countless others... i liked it though.. it had an appeal.. good movie to see with your better half

Credits
    Jersey Girl - It is definately NOT deserving of the "Gigli sequel" crap that it has been getting for a while! This is a very soulful film full of heart and family issues. It's an obvious departure for Smith, but one that he needed to take.

Page 1 of 184 1231151101 ... LastLast