Page 1 of 189 123 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

what wuz the most recent movie(s) you have seen:

i wanted to make a sticky thread really bad! and i thought i should do something like 'the most recent DVD you have purchased' so this could be a never ending thread just like it, you post which movie you have just seen everytime. (just like everytime you purchased a DVD)

please let me know if you think this is stupid! or a bad idea?

just saw T3 again tonite w/ my boyfriend.....

and i'm gonna make this a theater slash rental thread... if you have purchased a DVD, read above!!! hehe
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    finally...

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    Still, anyone wanna guess what's da next movie I'm gonna see this week?
    Those of you who did bother to guess: Return of the King. Sorry, wrong answer!

Watched Halloween III: Season of the Witch last evening (finally). Last time I watched it was on TV and it was more than a decade ago. Realised I didn't remember much of the film except the Silver Shamrock commercial - which is a classic, and one day I will make that as my avatar to fry you kids' brains... muhahahahaha... :big grin:

Today's movie schedule: Lost In Translation.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Jus watched The Bone Collector (came on tv so took my chance at watching it)

Credits
    watched this again tonite... i just LOVE it when he gets sooo angry!!!!

Credits
    just saw "IN HELL" with Van Damme, his attempt to star in a drama is a failure, it'a prison movie with fights and the human element and blah balh anyway virtually all the fights are crap and van Damme does little fighting and it's crap anyway, don't bother with this one

Credits
    Bad Boys II - 3 1/2 / 5

Hollywood Homicide - 2 / 5
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    i saw Lord of the Ring: Return of the King on IMAX tonite.. or last nite...

I realized that they could really do without the last 15 minutes of the show...

Credits
    Just saw RotK, not enough battle, too much on Hobbits, Feels like they had to cut A LOT of it, hopefully EE will go into detail. I agree it was too long, if you're gonna cut it anyway you could do without the last part

Looking at the 3 movies as one: They kicked ***!

Credits
    Just watched Kill Bill : Volume 1. This is probably one of the most artistic movies I've seen. Though a better description would be bloodily artistic.
    It is not enough 'I succeed'. Everyone else must fail.

Credits
    Saw SWAT and I gotta say this is a great action movie, it won't awe you but it's good, fast-paced, interesting action fun. I highly recommend it if you're looking for a movie to see but you don't know which one

Credits
    Saw 3 excellent movies in one day. Gosh this is gonna be a good year:

Return of the King: not much to say except it's goosebumpily awesome. @Stefie & Jake: I don't think the last 15 minutes dragged on. For all the colourful characters appeared in the trilogy you've got to give time for their curtain calls to do them justice, despite that fact your kidneys might be bursting by the time the movie ends. (I know mine did. )

Lost In Translation: probably the latest good movie with nothing really happened in the story. Makes me really REALLY wanna go to Japan with an American chick /Japanese chick (Hint. Hint.) Oh and @Anna Faris - 'Nobody does it better' than you do. (j/k) Next time when I watched 'The Spy With Loves Me' I'll think of you.

Dogville - having heard so much about Dogma'95 and Lars von Trier, this is probably the first Dogma'95 film I've seen. The way the story's delivered, it's like seeing a hybrid between a theatre play and an audio book (narration). And yes it does take a while to get into it. But if you find you can't get into it by the end of Chapter Two, you'll probably hate his film.

I like films that explores the dark side of humanity. And the film gets darker and darker towards its bleak end. Not giving the ending away, I should say I can totally relate to the decision Nic Kidman's character made at the end. Hell I would have done the same!

To observe it objectively, on the other hand, one could argue at the end she allowed herself to sink into the same level of badness/evilness like the Dogville people , if not worst than they were. Surely they abused her physically and emotionally, but does she at the end have the rights to give them the 'sentence' for what they did to her?

I hope someone from the Forum will see this flick soon and so we can have some discussion about it. (It's gotta be that either tisoy or carl would like this film. Surely they can't both hate it, or can they?... Only time will tell.)

BTW the following are all the films I watched on DVDs over the past week-and-a-half:

They Live: what's with the really looong fight in the middle of the film!!?
    Prince of Darkness: My God. What a silly, if not idiotic movie.
    Village of the Damned: I think I've seen it before on TV years ago. Oh well, the kids are really disturbing...
    Late Autumn: first colour film I've seen by Yasujiro Ozu. Not bad. Satsuko Hara you're my goddess!
    Infernal Affairs 2: already mentioned it in another thread.
    When Night Is Falling: a nice little lesbian film. A little too obvious with all the 'subtle' things the director planned in some scenes. Not sure about the happy ending. At least I don't regret waiting for 2 months to see this. (But the director's commentary really sucks. A female arthouse director should never be allowed to go behind the mic.)
    Plus other bits and pieces, namely the Looney Tunes cartoons and the Stan Brakhage anthology DVD (finally I've seen something that made me sqiurm more than Salo's torture scene did to me - real autopsy footages. I won't elaborate in this forum though.)

Credits

Credits
    Just saw

And hell that wuz a good movie....
    *must get dvd*

Credits
    Originally posted by editman
    @ Stefie & Jake: I don't think the last 15 minutes dragged on. For all the colourful characters appeared in the trilogy you've got to give time for their curtain calls to do them justice,
    I totally understand and agree. I just don't like it..

I saw this today: Cute movie

Page 1 of 189 1231151101 ... LastLast