Drive (2011)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780504/

A CAPER movie that had a good intention with its story but it's poorly executed, incompetently written, filled with cliches and out of place scenes, sloppy acting, unnecessary violence that doesn't add anything to the substance of the film and uninteresting narrative.

This movie also lacks identity: it wants to be Gone In 60 Seconds One Minute, The Transporter the next minute, Reservoir Dogs the next, than back to The Transporter again and then Pulp Fiction and when it tries to imitate the early 80s Michael Mann films with the nighttime photography, that's when you want to scream in pain.

The dialogue is boring and unmemorable; the characters uninteresting; the acting is shallow and empty, especially Gosling's and Mulligan's, both actors who shouldn't have any business whatsoever attempting to play any dramatic roles requiring depth and drama.

This movie was hailed by many critics as a cinematic masterpiece but you know critics; half of them don't know what the HECK they are talking about three quarter of the time.

There are better caper movies out there like Reservoir Dogs and The Bank Job and The Thomas Crown Affair (original) and Heat and this is not it!!

I can make a list of movies that should never have won Best Picture and Best Director but had and in today's Hollywood, it's not talent and quality that wins awards most of the time; it's money and who you know and whose ass you can kiss.

If you like a movie where you can sit for almost 2 hrs waiting for something to happen and nothing happens and you like to waste your time doing it; then this movie is for you.

Of course, if you are that person, then you must also like visiting the dentist and watching grass grow for hours at the time.

Otherwise, look elsewhere!

My rating:

0.5/5

my lowest rating of any movies I've seen in 2012 so far;

lower than the previous two films I've seen this year that I'd previously rated the lowest

Trust (2010) 1.25/5 on 01-05-2012

and

The House of the Devil (2009) 2/5 on 01-11-2012