Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 100 of 188 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2819
    Credits
    Hey Konspiracy, You've seen a lot of movies lately I'm just curious to know what you thought of them, You never rate your movies. Just wondering if I would like to see them.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Babel - 4.5/5

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Hey Konspiracy, You've seen a lot of movies lately I'm just curious to know what you thought of them, You never rate your movies. Just wondering if I would like to see them.
    I been wanting to ask him that but I didn't want to sound rude or weird....

Credits
    Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008) 2/5
    Great special effects, but not much more then that.

j7wild Guest

Red face

Tropic Thunder

it had a few moments but still not good enough...

2 out of 5

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Good idea. I will start to rate them from now on. j7wild you can ask anything im open to suggestions.
    rwar.

Credits
    I saw Tropic Thunder on Wednesday, I thought it was really funny, but its also more of a teen based college type comedy that probably won't make parents laugh. 4/5

I also saw Clone Wars the night it came out, really good animation, very cliche storyline. Definitely aimed more for kids. 3/5.

Credits
    I just finished watching the all-time classic "To Kill A Mockingbird" starring Gregory Peck.It's a black-and white movie.
    I have read the book once,and after watching the movie,I want to re-read the book.It's a really moving story.Quite profound.
    I recomend it to all people,especially the young who have never watched a non-colour movie before.

Credits

Credits
    Philosophy Of A Knife (2008) (no rating)
    First, I have to say I didn't watch the full movie because the copy I had (downloaded from the internet I must admit) didn't have subtitles for the interviews with the older russian gentleman - but I did watch most of the "action" sequences in this 4+ hours long movie/documentary. You can see from the IMDb link what it's all about... All I can say that watching it was not a pleasant experience - I found it very interesting, but certainly did not enjoyed it... And who would?

(BTW - another movie that deals with this topic is Men Behind The Sun (1988))
    Last edited by Lafce; 01-02-2009 at 06:14 PM.

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lafce View Post
    Philosophy Of A Knife (2008) (no rating)
    First, I have to say I didn't watch the full movie because the copy I had (downloaded from the internet I must admit) didn't have subtitles for the interviews with the older russian gentlemen - but I did watch most of the "action" sequences in this 4+ hours long movie/documentary. You can see from the IMDb link what it's all about... All I can say that watching it was not a pleasant experience - I found it very interesting, but certainly did not enjoyed it... And who would?

(BTW - another movie that deals with this topic is Men Behind The Sun (1988))
    Japan's unit 731?

I want to see that!

Where? Where?

Credits
    Tropic Thunder 1.5/5

I'm only giving this 1.5 because Robert Downey Jr and Tom Cruise were hysterical.
    Other than that this is a wait to come out on DVD type movie.
    Although the power went out half way through for like 5min and then came back on. When we exited the movie theatre there were managers giving us free vouchers for anytime. So that was good.

Credits
    National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets 1/5

I thought the first National Treasure was great fun. I even prefer it over the new Indy film. I can't say the same about the second one though. There was way too much ham and campy acting with too many quips and one liners. It also seemed like they were less interested in the back story and history this time around and it felt rushed.

Also the 'argument' scene in Buckingham Palace ranks up there with that dance scene in Spiderman 3 for worst scene in a film ever.

Street Kings 2/5

Started off with some promise but then they seemed to lose control over the plot and the whole thing seemed to get pretty ridiculous. Keanu Reeves wasn't a great choice either to carry the film either.

Credits
    Mamma Mia - 4/5

I wasn't expecting to like this but I couldn't help myself. Even though not everyone can sing very well or even dance well it feels like they are all genuinely having fun and it's infectious.

Vanity Fair - 2/5

Missing too much of the story. Also they seemed to have made Becky Sharp too likeable. The two series 87/98 were better. James Purefoy was great though.

Credits