Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 11 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Credits
    FoolProof i normally dont like very formulaic heist movies.. but loved this movie cuz i found it to be totaly orignal, the plot was great!! the characters were great! movie as a whole was excellent! along wid da heist ideas! only thing which dis movie lacked was da big budget... it needed better actors.. (i mean c'mon ryan reynolds myt be a great comedian wid his deliveries but he was sooo not cut out for this role) the person that chose the cast frankly ruined the great potential of this movie! other then that... if this had better actors this had potential of being my most favourite heist movie...which due to actors it hasnt stolen that position..but very very very close to it!
    4.5/5 for the sheer originality which is sumwhat lacked in current movies dese days.. loved it

Credits
    The Day After Tomorrow - 3.5 / 5

Didn't think I was going to like it at all but instead really enjoyed it.

Credits
    just finished saw and this film is really good. you liked films like se7en or 8mm? then this film is for you. a very nice little sick film. i hope that the original nc-17 cut released soon on dvd, maybe in germany

Credits
    Assault on Precinct 13
    ***1/2 of ****
    I liked it, it was fun and well made.
    It reminded me of those older action movies like Die Hard 2 (obviously) and Im glad that it didnt cut back for a PG13 although thats what probally hurt it in the box office.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Million $ Baby.

Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.
    Not what I expected...but, wow, powerful movie. I liked Mystic River, but this is so much better.
    "34 million American adults are obese. Putting together that excess blubber would fill the Grand Canyon two-fifths of the way up. That may not sound impressive, but keep in mind it is a very big canyon."

Credits
    Finding Neverland.
    Very good. It was refreshing to see a movie with a central character who was such a nice guy. Freddie Highmore, the boy who played Peter, was incredible.

Credits
    Napoleon Dynamite.
    Cute film. I don't think I thought it was as good as others did...but it certainly was clever. Nice film.

Credits
    New Police Story:
    i thought this movie was gona be a totaly rip off hence leading me to assume it would have been a total bore.but suprisingly i absolutely loved it.. good to know that jackie was the central character and not jus a cameo appearance where he passes on da torch..cuz thats what i thought the movie was gona be about. The dark and gritty feel was excellent and brougt about a new atmosphere to the franchise aswell as the direction and stunts! Story was definetly above average and Daniel Wu was great as the villian. i love it when sadistic bastards are playing death games! Totaly felt like an 80s action movie remixed! i must admit the ending was very emotional..my eyes went teary I really enjoyed the first 3 movies, and seeing as i didnt enjoy da rest..in my mind this is the true fourth movie.
    Top..Gun..Movie!
    4.5/5

Credits
    Gong fu Aka. Kung-Fu Hustle English Title.

Well what can one say about this movie if you know Shaolin Soccer and The Tricky Master then you already know what a Stephen Chow movie is.. and this one is every bit as good as the ones befor it... its over the top, lots of cgi, lots of kung-fu... and its all MEGA FUN!! hehe...

I enjoyed this movie alot.. mostly cos of its over the top stunts (helped by lots of CGI) and humor.. also the fact that i got to se this movie with Subtitels insted of English DUB was great... the english voiceovers almost killed Shaolin Soccer for me and im realty happy to have seen this movie without them speeking some strange english...

Its not a deep movie... it whont change the world.. but it will entertain you if you enjoy a good Kung-Fu flick with good humor...

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    SAW

Well this movie was a godsend for me... i had been looking for a decent horry/thriller movie for some time... and hadent realy had a good Se7eN experiance for a few years... not that this movie even comes close to Se7eN but still its up there for 2 reasons...

1. The story is cool.. the way the killings are done is excelent... and the plot twists are great... Guess who the killer is befor the movie is over and im bying the beer...

2. Its clear after only 5 minuts that we are dealing with a movie of low buget... the actors are not Top Of The Line... and if i had to rate this movie on this alone i would give it 1/5 but SAW is one of those movies where the hole thing is more then the sum of its parts...

I cant waith for SAW2 based on the fact that following the success of SAW there buget will probertly be alot higher this time.. and that will elimate some of the only problems i had with this film...

Good movie.. well done with the "dollars" they had.. i love to se filmmaking that shows that you dont need MEGA stars and tons of money to make a good film... talent and effort goes a long way..

Fed7haS

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Fed7haS
    SAW
    I cant waith for SAW2 based on the fact that following the success of SAW there buget will probertly be alot higher this time.. and that will elimate some of the only problems i had with this film...
    i think the higher budget may actually be more of a problem.. yah kno how they tend to mess up good movies with higher budget and all that.. hopefully theyll have learnt there lesson from previous shoutings....

Quote Originally Posted by v1h
    Every person that I hear praise this guy reminds me of the same people barking about The Blair Witch Project being a slice of heaven in the movie world.
    I for one enjoyed the villiage.. and was one of dem that totaly hated blair witch project..so that pretty much puts ur generalization down the pan eh?? If you hate a movie.. fair enuff feel free to express tht.. tho in future dont bring down ppl dat did enjoy da movie
    Last edited by aS!Dz; 02-03-2005 at 05:51 AM.

Credits
    ladder 49: was a vgood movie aswell as emotional and funny, but for me it just seriously lacked summat.. wasnt very attention grabbing either nor does it have the replay value. still worth a watch maybe on dvd
    2.5/5

Credits
    Taxi: Extremely terrible compared to the original..you'd think they would have made the film better...the original is miles better n much much more enjoyable
    2/5

Swades:Pretty good movie
    3/5

Credits
    Mr. 3000 - 3.5 / 5

Pretty good sports comedy.

Credits
    Friday Night Lights - 4 / 5

I wouldn't go as far to say that this is the best sports movie ever as some of the critics have but it is very good.

Page 11 of 188 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast