Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 111 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2819
    Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Terminator Salvation - 4/5

Very good movie. I've always wanted to see the war between humans and machines and they gave me war. Very entertaining, nice to see some surprises.

BTW. My notes for Terminator franchise:
    The Terminator - 4.5/5
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day - 6/5
    Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines - 4/5

Credits
    Meet Joe Black - 4/5

It's been a while since I've seen it but it's still great. The Siskel & Ebert review was pretty spot on. It's an intelligent and articulate drama as well as being a moving romantic film. It also has a fantastic score.

The Wrestler - 4/5

Mickey Rourke is that good. In what could have been a really unlikeable character Rourke makes the Ram very sympathetic.

The Reader - 2/5

Insipid story. Unlikeable characters. Bad acting in places with terrible ageing makeup. Only Ralph Fiennes saved this from being a 1/5.

Credits
    Friday the 13th (2009) - 1 / 5

I grew up watching the originals and have always been a fan. I groaned when I heard that Jason was next in the long line of 80's horror to be rebooted. I kept an open mind thinking it might not be all bad. I was wrong. I don't even know what this is suppose to be. A sequel or a reboot? They basically took elements from the first three movies and mashed them together and created this mess featuring the most annoying cast ever assembled whom I couldn't wait for each one to meet their doom. I did like the more agile and faster Jason but it just wasn't the same. Overall it wasn't scary at all and the deaths were not all that original.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Transformers 2 - 2/5

Too much going on. It was more noise than film. They needed to cut a lot from this.

Push - 4/5

Well written and acted with a distinctive look. This is what Jumper should have been.

Gran Torino - 2/5

Really amtuerish acting in a bad way from the supporting cast.

You Don't Mess with the Zohan- 2/5

I laughed but the jokes were too repetitive. John Turturro was the best thing in it and stole every scene.

Protégé - 3/5

It started with a lot of promise. This was half great crime drama and half moral dilemma. They needed to concentrate more on the relationship between Andy Lau and Daniel Wu. It could have been a Hong Kong 'Donnie Brasco'.

Credits
    I have just watched Transformers 2 and...I am a bit disappointed.

Expected a bit more. I think I could rate it at 4.5 / 10.

Really disappointed - expected something that will blow my mind but here...nothing much.

thanks

Credits

Talking

Public Enemies - 4.5/5

When I originally saw the Trailer I didn't think that HD would work with a period piece. However I couldn't have been more wrong. It ranks up there with Zodiac and Mann's own Miami Vice for having the most beautiful HD visuals I've seen. Fantastic acting, amazing visuals, sound and great art direction. It's now my favourite film of the year by far.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Public Enemies - 4.5/5

When I originally saw the Trailer I didn't think that HD would work with a period piece. However I couldn't have been more wrong. It ranks up there with Zodiac and Mann's own Miami Vice for having the most beautiful HD visuals I've seen. Fantastic acting, amazing visuals, sound and great art direction. It's now my favourite film of the year by far.
    Favorite film of the year?

I don't know - after Transformers 2, I don't think there are going to be any other movies this year that even come close to it maybe for Avatar but I am not holding my breath!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Favorite film of the year?
    I don't know - after Transformers 2, I don't think there are going to be any other movies this year that even come close to it maybe for Avatar but I am not holding my breath!!
    Different strokes for different folks, just because a movie is a summer blockbuster, does not necessarily make it a "good" movie, it just makes it popular and entertaining, and in this case a lot of good family fun.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits

Thumbs up

Public Enemies - 4.5/5

Fantastic acting, amazing visuals, sound and great art direction. It's now my favourite film of the year by far.
    What he said!!

Makes me want to go research more about the time period (being the wonderful historian that I am!)

j7wild Guest

Red face

Public Enemies - 4.5/5

ditto except I will only give it 4 out of 5 and TF2 is still my favorite film of 2009

Credits
    Flawless - 2/5

It started with some promise but it was way too slow with a silly ending. A lot of the motivations didn't really make sense either. Both Demi Moore and Michael Caine were good but not enough to draw me in. Solid but unspectacular.

Dazed and Confused - 4/5

First time I've seen it and I thought it was a fantastic laid back film with great music and natural performances. The best thing about it was I really felt these people were friends. I can see why Tarantino included it in his best 10 films of all time list in Sight and Sound. I personally wouldn't put it that high up but it's easily one of the best movies about high-school, coming of age that I've seen.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Dazed and Confused - 4/5

First time I've seen it and I thought it was a fantastic laid back film with great music and natural performances. The best thing about it was I really felt these people were friends. I can see why Tarantino included it in his best 10 films of all time list in Sight and Sound. I personally wouldn't put it that high up but it's easily one of the best movies about high-school, coming of age that I've seen.
    don't forget who's in it!!

she was only 18 in this movie!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    don't forget who's in it!!

she was only 18 in this movie!!

Milla Jovovich It would have been better if she had more screentime

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

Milla Jovovich It would have been better if she had more screentime
    you are right but her few minutes were great

when I first watch that movie back then, that was only the 4th time I seen her in anything

the other times before time were Return to the Blue Lagoon , a guest appearance on Married with Children and on the short lived tv show Parker Lewis Can't Lose

Credits
    Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen - 7.9/10
    I was going to go on opening weekend, but was unable. Thus I went this past Saturday instead. I really liked this movie. Great action. The transformers were pretty cool. I especially liked Devastator. But on the negative side...it ran a bit too long. I think at least 15 minutes could have or should have been cut. For example, I was bored during the 'college girl' storyline. She was hot and everything, but it did nothing for me story-wise.

17 Again - 8.1/10
    I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed this movie as much as I did. I don't normally care much for Zach Efron, but he was really likable in this movie. Plus the geek-factor was high in this movie. There was a lot of references to Star Wars and Lord of the Rings for example. Good movie overall.

Up (in 3D) - 10/10
    Loved this movie. Not a bad thing for me to say about this movie. The Pixar short in front of the movie was way funny too.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."