Thanks Thanks:  14
Page 112 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2819
    Credits
    Ice Age 3 and it was quite good. My favoutite is still 1 though

Credits
    The Hangover 4/5 - As far as comedies go, this was bloody HYSTERICAL.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    Choke - 2/5

There is a good film in here somewhere however it's poorly directed and it feels like they miss the point of the book.

Credits
    Days of Heaven - 4.5/5

It's been a while since I've seen this but I bought the Criterion DVD release recently. It's still one of the most amazingly beautiful films I've ever seen. Watching it again I wanted it to be longer, I felt some scenes needed extending. At 1hr 30mins it felt rushed in places.

Brüno - 3/5

Brüno was always my least favourite character from Cohen's 11 o'clock show days so I wasn't sure I would like this. Even though the film pretty much followed the same template as Borat it was still the funniest film I've seen this year.

Credits
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - 8/10

I've never read any of the Harry Potter books. So all my knowledge of this franchise comes through the movies. This movie was well done. But I still don't care much for the director. There are some scenes that needed some emotional impact, but I felt very little. This also happened with his last Harry Potter movie. I wish the series would have ended with a more talented director, but alas we will get Yates for the final 2 films.

But that being said...this was an improvement by Yates from his last Potter movie.

My only other beef was the score. It was passable, but not magical. I hope they either bring John Williams or Patrick Doyle back. Hooper is mediocre when it comes to composers. But he may surprise me with something special if he gets the job again for the next Potter film.

Otherwise I enjoyed myself and am looking forward to seeing what happens to Harry Potter and his friends in the next 2 movies.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - 3/5

I have read all the books, THIS one was my favorite. I was VERY dissappointed when I left the theatre, HOWEVER the movie was done well. I think if You did not read the books this will be an entertaining movie for you.

Credits
    W. - 3/5

Some great casting and performances with two standouts. Josh Brolin gave an Oscar winning performance and then Thandie Newton gave one of the worst most comically bad performances I've ever seen. It destroyed the film everytime she was on screen. Apart from that the film was interesting enough. I thought Bush was portrayed in a positive light for most of it and any blame for his administrations failings were pushed onto his advisers and cabinet.

Hoodlum - 2/5

The tone of this was all over the place. Tom Roth was obviously having a lot of fun and was over the top compared to others like Andy Garcia. I would have prefered it if it had been a more serious rather than slipping into comedy all the time.

Credits
    I went to see two movies this week. Firstly Bruno which was as outrageous as expected and secondly Harry Potter which left me quite disappointed but still enjoyable.

Credits
    I am very much interested in Thriller kind of stories.

So I saw:

1) The Sick House-"Not really scary but you can watch for 1 time"
    2) Rosemary’s Baby-"One of the finest horror movies ever made"
    3) The Exorcist -" once you can watch"
    4) Let the Right One In-"A beautiful,brutal yet understated movie"
    5) The Betrayed-"The two main characters and the fears they face seemed incredibly real and frightening to me. I never for a moment perceived them as cardboard characters. A triumph for Mr. Packer and his six totally believable actors. This is great theater--dramatically riveting, but it also reminds one of how helpless one is as a citizen to prevent the inhumanity that is going on in Iraq"
    6) The Grift-"good movie but i didnt like too much"

Credits
    Dragonball: Evolution - 0.5/10

Abysmal. Epic fail. Sad. Depressing. Overacting. Terrible script. Atrocious directing. Laughable fight scenes. Overall, a frustrating experience.

Credits
    Franklyn - 3.5/5

The trailers are quite deceiving as this is more a film about mental illness than the dark gothic fantasy adventure that I thought it would be. It's an interesting film although when I figured out what was happening it lost it's impact.

36 Quai des Orfèvres - 3/5

Started off strongly with a great cast but it seemed to lose foucs after they take down the gang. I've never seen Daniel Auteuil in a serious role before but he was really good. Some people call this the French 'Heat' but it's nowhere near that level of filmaking.

Confessions of a Shopaholic - 1/5

Oh dear. I was expecting something funny and smart, something like a cross between Sex and city, Bridget Jones and Devil Wears Prada. Well in a way it was, take the worst parts of each film and you've got Confessions of a Shopaholic.

Cadillac Records - 4/5

I didn't really know much about the history of of the Blues and that particualr era in Chicago so any historical inaccuracies didn't affect my enjoyment. What I loved was the music and the performances. Jeffrey Wright and Adrien Brody were great and Eamonn Walker as Howlin' Wolf was the scene stealer. The only thing that let it down was Beyoncé, they gave way too much time to her character.

Credits
    Seven Pounds - 6/10
    Pretty decent movie. Full of pathos. Great acting by Will Smith. I wouldn't watch it again, but a good one time watch.

Roman Holiday - 10/10
    Great classic movie. It stars Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. This is my first movie that I've watched with Hepburn. Now I think I will seek out some of her other movies. She was pretty great in this. Made me wish I was in Rome falling in love with a Princess.

j7wild Guest
    Flawless

7/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780516/

a well made movie but there is a couple of plot holes

Credits
    Underworld: Rise Оf Тhe Lycans (2009) 2.5/5

The Hunt For Gollum (2009) 4/5

Defiance (2008) 3/5

Valkyrie (2008) 4.5/5

Coraline (2009) 4/5

9th Company (2005) 4/5

Knowing (2009) 3.5/5

Gran Torino (2008) 3.5/5

Watchmen (2009) 5/5

Miss March (2009) 2/5

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) 3/5

Dead Snow (2009) 4/5

The Last House On The Left (2009) 1.5/5

The Mission (1986) 4.5/5

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lafce View Post
    Underworld: Rise Оf Тhe Lycans (2009) 2.5/5

The Hunt For Gollum (2009) 4/5

Defiance (2008) 3/5

Valkyrie (2008) 4.5/5

Coraline (2009) 4/5

9th Company (2005) 4/5

Knowing (2009) 3.5/5

Gran Torino (2008) 3.5/5

Watchmen (2009) 5/5

Miss March (2009) 2/5

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) 3/5

Dead Snow (2009) 4/5

The Last House On The Left (2009) 1.5/5

The Mission (1986) 4.5/5
    wow!!

you watched all those movies in one day?